just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

It's all just speculation. But the lack of information and the fact that the latest Hobbit sets disappeared so quickly and aren't advertised in the latest Lego catalogue is not a good sign for the DLC :sadnew:

It's weird but they are advertised in my catalog

A picture of the Scooby Doo Lighthouse set has surfaced, and there's a skeleton in it that has Balin's beard in light bley. I think it's brilliant, because it'll be good for customs of young Balin.

A picture of the Scooby Doo Lighthouse set has surfaced, and there's a skeleton in it that has Balin's beard in light bley. I think it's brilliant, because it'll be good for customs of young Balin.

sweet, light bley is my favorite color...

Thanks for the information :classic:

The new coloured beard piece works perfect for a young Balin. I can't wait to get it.

Edited by Balbo

Anyone interested in seeing my design for a Gundabad bat? I made it to Legolas something to do in ny BotFA set display.

That sounds cool.

So I'd heard about the results for the latest Ideas review a couple days ago, but today I decided to check out the blog post for the results. Halfway down the page, I started trying to remember what review this was, and if Minas Tirith was in it, and failed. I was very pleased when I found it wasn't, and it's going into review soon!

Fingers crossed the citadel can kick the other project's megablocks!!!

*fingers crossed*

Check the Future LotR sets thread... Part of the Minas Tirith build spotted at Lego HQ!!!

Wha-wha-WHAT?!

Yusyusyus

Link please? It's tricky to find anything on my phone.

Those photos are years old. It is probably just some architecture project.

Definitely not. It is the outer ring/first wall of Minas Tirith. Go here and enlarge the image. It's decent resolution confirms this. Even if it is an old picture, odd how it just happens to pop up now!

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/atreyu2112/media/image.jpg1.jpg.html

But let's leave this discussion in the LotR sets thread... Back to Hobbit here!

Anyone customize the Twilight Witch-King with other helmets or armor to represent the other spirit form Nazgul?

Definitely not. It is the outer ring/first wall of Minas Tirith. Go here and enlarge the image. It's decent resolution confirms this. Even if it is an old picture, odd how it just happens to pop up now!

http://s172.photobuc...e.jpg1.jpg.html

But let's leave this discussion in the LotR sets thread... Back to Hobbit here!

Anyone customize the Twilight Witch-King with other helmets or armor to represent the other spirit form Nazgul?

The picture is not years old. It's one day old. The video with the picture was released yesterday.

Edited by Bobbtom

The picture is not years old. It's one day old. The video with the picture was released yesterday.

You can find it on LEGO's YouTube channel or on the Ideas blog.

Look at this link - notice the date - 2013.

lego-kontor-0.jpg?itok=hOU2JPik

Like I said, even if it's an old photo, odd how it should pop up in that particular video NOW. Maybe they visited the idea already and thought it wouldn't work, but now with the Ideas support it might be enough to get it out either as a D2C, final UCS or as an Ideas set.

I think it's going to be entirely dependent on how well Tower of Orthanc has been selling. It was selling out at Shop@Home pretty consistently around the new year and resellers seem to think it will have a high aftermarket value, but without actual numbers we can't know if it's a huge seller or just underproduced... I think it has a better than 50/50 shot depending on how the license works. A proper Minas Tirith set could fulfill a lot of LOTR-fans wishlist items...