just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Like Masked Builder said

Let the hunt begin :classic: , Well for you Americans i have to wait till October 15th :tongue:

I ask the mods, let's say the sets do release and I do a review of one of the three smaller ones, am I allowed to post it here with pics? :look:

Edited by just2good

They ARE on the shelves ($129.99), according to the guy who posted the picture.

Edited by Robert8

I ask the mods, let's say the sets do release and I do a review of one of the three smaller ones, am I allowed to post it here with pics? :look:

I don't see a problem with that? They are in a Toys'r'us, it think you can review them

If LEGO asks us to take them down however, we usually oblige. We have a good relationship with LEGO and we do our best to strike a balance between the two sides. TRU is a quandry. Sometimes they will be on the shelf, but when you try to have them rung up, they will show up as not valid due to the release date.

TRU is a quandry. Sometimes they will be on the shelf, but when you try to have them rung up, they will show up as not valid due to the release date.

I wasn't aware of that, it doesn't make sense why put it on the shelf if you don't want to sell it, rather keep it in storage until the release date.

My local TRU (north OKC) had only the Witch King set and I was able to buy it. I will build it after work.

EDIT: I peeked in the box and Elrond has back printing. The bands from the front as well as the belt cover over to the back. You can see glimpses of silver armor underneath.

Edited by Blakstone

Why is u.s. always in favor???

I know right!?

My local TRU (north OKC) had only the Witch King set and I was able to buy it. I will build it after work.

EDIT: I peeked in the box and Elrond has back printing. The bands from the front as well as the belt cover over to the back. You can see glimpses of silver armor underneath.

Nice find!

Why is u.s. always in favor???

Patience my friend, the rest of us will always be late.

Blakstone, if it is not too much trouble, please ask the Moderators for permission to review it when you get the time.

I believe Z's response to Just2Good was something like you can post it but if LEGO requests that it be pulled, Eurobricks will. That is understandable.

So I plan on doing a review with photos tonight after work. We just don't know if it will stay or for how long. Either way, once I do it, the photos will live on Flickr.

I usually don't work Saturdays, but I am supporting a software release.

TRU must have some serious megablocks to release them this early; are they seriously breaking the embargo a month early?! :wacko: Congrats to everyone who manage to get their hands on them though :thumbup:

My brother was just at my local TRU and claims to have seen all 4 sets there. I'm heading back there in 5 hours to pick up whichever ones they have. I know they have Laketown and BoFA, unsure about the others. I'll post reviews of all of them unless prohibited somewhere. Wish me luck!

So I plan on doing a review with photos tonight after work.

Bring it on!

Great find, by the way

My brother was just at my local TRU and claims to have seen all 4 sets there. I'm heading back there in 5 hours to pick up whichever ones they have. I know they have Laketown and BoFA, unsure about the others. I'll post reviews of all of them unless prohibited somewhere. Wish me luck!

Amazing! pick up Lake-Town!

It seems like Toys R Us always releases the sets a couple of weeks ahead of the others, including Lego Store and Lego S@H. Some of the youtube reviewers get their sets from Toys R Us so they can do a review right away before most of us will get to one. Of course, they do pay a premium in the form of Toys R US inflated prices. This could be a legitimate agreement with Lego that they are allowed to do it. The very nature of the final four hobbit sets does not seem to spoil the actual film. Dain is the only character in the new sets we have yet to see, and a Lego version of him is not going to really give much away in the the way he will appear on film. If one has never read the book or is familiar with the way this story turns out, the sets really are not going to spoil much, especially what happens with Smaug.