SalvoBrick

Brickville 2014

Happy new year! :laugh:

In this thread I'll keep you informed about the updates of my modular town. I've planned some big changes for this year, if everything goes in the right way... :wink:

In the meanwhile I've added the cinema and replaced some shops. As soon as I can I'll replace all the stickers with better ones.

town2014_009.jpg

town2014_006.jpg

the green grocer has been moved... or maybe the building has been repainted? or rebuilt? I dunno... :wacko: Well' there's still the guy picking an apple :laugh:

town2014_008.jpg

A few changes in the police station

town2014_007.jpg

...and in some of the shops too.

Hope you like! :laugh:

Good to see new updates from Brickville.

You really have a distinct building style, SalvoBrick. Your buildings are closed as modular buildings, but the size fits classic LEGO fine. And the architecture picks up elements from both classic as well as modular buildings. Very recognizable.

I look forward to see further updates in this thread. Happy New Year :classic:

Very nice building and layout SalvoBrick. Can you take a shot of you entire city?

Very nice building and layout SalvoBrick. Can you take a shot of you entire city?

I love Brickville! And that Esso service station- :wub: I want to see more of that.

Look in my Flickr link (see sig) There's both a full shot of the city and more pictures of the Esso service station.

Some updates to single modulars:

fruit_02.jpg

Green grocer moved to the tan building, and the building itself has been improved too

hardware_02.jpg

So the hardware store moved to the white builng in the same place where the pharmacy was.

taxi_01.jpg

Uh, the taxi can fit another passegger, other than the driver :grin:

more pictures of the buildings here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=507528

I want to see more! Like someone said, you have a very creative style! Keep up the good work! :wink:

I wonder if some KRAzy GLue will make its way into your town. :devil:

Modified slightly two of the buildings: the wear shop and the bakery:

bakery-shop-1.jpg

and a new vehicle: a truck with flatbed trailer:

flatbed1.jpg

flatbed2.jpg

Hope you like :)

Summer has almost arrived... this means more free time for me to work to my town... :classic:

Here there is a preview of some updates: more to come soon :classic:

town2014_034.jpg

town2014_035.jpg

town2014_036.jpg

Seeya soon! :wink:

Wonderful work still 'SalvoBrick', question are you ever going to be interiors in your buildings ?

Brick On 'SalvoBrick' ! :grin:

Uhm, as I said before, I don't think I will ever do detailed interiors, except for shops windows: I'm more interested in the outside of the buildings than the inside, also because many walls are made of "2 x n" bricks in order to optimize the bricks I already have: replacing with "1 x n" bricks would be expensive,...

Uh, the building under construction is destined to be... a building under construction :grin:

More details soon :classic:

This year I celebrate 10 years of Brickville :)

10years_celeb_01.jpg

I started during summer of 2004, when I discovered Bricklink and I started to order bricks, sets and more. At first my town was a mix of sets and a few MOCs:

lego0025.jpg

lego0030.jpg

Today my town is made only of MOCs, and it's in fully modular style.

Of course it's always updated: I'll show you more pictures as soon as I can :wink:

More to come :wink:

Here's the updates: :classic:

town2014_037.jpg

first: the Blue Cafè: it never stops changing :laugh:

town2014_038.jpg

second: the department store: it has enlarged now (yes, it's a 24-wide modular...)

town2014_042.jpg

third: the station.

Hope you like :classic:

Keep them coming 'SalvoBrick'.....going interiors would make these totally awesome, but still I :wub: every of those creations......Briuck On 'SalvoBrick' ! :grin:

15847784658_003a419481_c.jpg

Latest update for this year... added tiles to road borders... more trees to come :)

Edited by SalvoBrick