Aethersprite

Legends of Chima 2014 Discussion

I don't think that scorpion will be a set. It has the Mantax claw as a stinger, and I doubt that part I still in production.

Remember, Furty, and Skinnet also had designs for constraction figures, and we know how that turned out...

They did? Are there pictures of them?

I don't think that scorpion will be a set. It has the Mantax claw as a stinger, and I doubt that part I still in production.

Parts can be put back into production if the mold is still intact and there is perceived to be a need. The Pet Shop in 2011 reintroduced 2x4x2 vertical windscreens after a twelve-year disappearance, for instance. But I don't think the Mantax claw is going to be coming back for just one set, so unless other summer sets use it I don't think it's especially likely.

As I wrote on the LoC topic I really doubt we're getting that as a CHI figure:

I would agree if it weren't for the fact no Scorpion was present in the list. There's one ~20 Euro figure with an unknown name along Sir Fangus (sp), but I doubt that they'd make both larger figures bad guys. Plus all figures seem to be based on the Summer arc, so one single character from the previous wave would be unusual.

Parts can be put back into production if the mold is still intact and there is perceived to be a need. The Pet Shop in 2011 reintroduced 2x4x2 vertical windscreens after a twelve-year disappearance, for instance. But I don't think the Mantax claw is going to be coming back for just one set, so unless other summer sets use it I don't think it's especially likely.

Not twelve, seven. Even if it was decorated, the same mold was used in the first Harry Potter Knight Bus in 2004.

Also, some scorpions sets could also make use of the Mantax claw, who knows ?

But there are no more Scorpion sets (that we know of). There's only one price slot that's available that could have a scorpion set, and that's the one we're discussing anyway.

But there are no more Scorpion sets (that we know of). There's only one price slot that's available that could have a scorpion set, and that's the one we're discussing anyway.

Keep in mind that if the piece does come back, it doesn't have to be constrained to constraction sets. There are plenty of non-constraction sets that could use such a piece, including the summer Ninjago and Chima sets or the new Agents sets.

Exactly what Draiknova said. And, as I said before, I doubt Lego would waste the chance to promote a large hero to duel with a large villain (Sir Fangus)..it just seems like a natural thing to do, in a "clash of the titans!" way.

Maybe..it's Shadowind? Perhaps the set's name is unknown so to keep hidden his real identity. I can't continue without talking about it so..

As you probably know, Shadowind is Lavertus. Yeah, I know, another Lion.. I rather have Eris, but let's be realistic here. Kids love big and strong lions, it's the reason Laval is the main character to begin with. The mystery set is either:

Awesome-but-impossible case scenario: Eris

Best case scenario: Lagravis or Shadowind with black costume and (maybe) mask

Worst case scenario: Lavertus in regular Lion Tribe robes or..another Laval, Rocka-style. : P

They did? Are there pictures of them?

Found these on bricklink :

6021446.jpg?16021466.jpg?1

Looks like Laval/Worriz' design, but with different heads.

Also... I would be annoyed if the mysterious 70211 turned out to be a lion. Two felines as big sets, meh. I'd be for more diversity.

Would be nice the mystery one is the skunk guy. I jutst hope that this Cragger will have the green feet like that old leaked image had, any kind of green.

The tail on the scorpion figure has alot of shells, and there is no way there will be that many shells in a set unless it's price differs from the others, and that is out of the question.

Regarding the Mantax claws, weren't they used on Meltdown?

Edited by TheRedGuy

Regarding the Mantax claws, weren't they used on Meltdown?

Indeed they were. In yellow as well.

Found these on bricklink :

*snip*

Looks like Laval/Worriz' design, but with different heads.

Also... I would be annoyed if the mysterious 70211 turned out to be a lion. Two felines as big sets, meh. I'd be for more diversity.

Thanks. A little disappointing as I thought they'd have unique builds, but oh well. Guess this decreases our chances of seeing them as sets. I'd take a phoenix over a fox any day, though!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

A phoenix might give us some orange. Except things like Splitter Beast's head, we haven't had proper solid orange in constraction sets since 2012!

Indeed they were. In yellow as well.

They were also used in Black for Von Nebula, and in silver in the Atlantis Seabed Scavenger. However, it's still been over three years since they last appeared in a set.

Brief set descriptions. Some of them cut off partway through though.

70206 CHI Laval

Item No: 70206

Ages: 6 - 12

Pieces: 49

Battle rivals with LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Laval with buildable fire sword and Phoenix shield, playable CHI function and more.

Roar into battle with CHI Laval – the Lion tribe's fearsome leader converted with CHI power into a mighty buildable warrior! Protect the precious CHI orb encased in his chest armor. Fend off invading tribes with his scorching fire claws, flaming fire swor CHI-up and build the ultimate Laval!

70207 CHI Cragger

Item No: 70207

Pieces: 58

Attack with the posable LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Cragger with movable jaws, buildable weapons, playable CHI function and more.

Put the bite on rival tribes with CHI Cragger! This buildable CHI-powered figure is the ultimate Croc tribe warrior, featuring snapping jaws, golden armor and a cool playable CHI function. Adjust his flexible limbs to create awesome battle poses and attac CHI-up and build the ultimate Cragger!

70208 CHI Panthar

Item No: 70208

Pieces: 59

Race into action with LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Panthar with movable jaws, buildable sword and giant claw, playable CHI function and more.

Speed into combat with CHI Panthar! This super-sleek buildable CHI-powered warrior features cool head decoration and snapping jaws. Sneak up on the enemies of the Panther tribe and strike with his giant claw and silver sword. Protect the precious CHI enca CHI-up and build the ultimate Panthar!

70209 CHI Mungus

Item No: 70209

Pieces: 64

Freeze rivals with the posable LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Mungus with huge buildable ice mallet, ice claws, playable CHI function and more.

Freeze rival tribes with CHI Mungus, the mighty leader of the Mammoth tribe! This buildable CHI-powered warrior breathes ice and will send a chill through the hearts of his opponents. Activate the playable CHI function to pop the CHI orb out from his ches CHI-up and build the ultimate Mungus!

70210 CHI Vardy

Item No: 70210

Pieces: 68

Attack from the sky with posable LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Vardy with buildable rotating saw blade, playable CHI function and more.

Swoop from the sky to attack opposing tribes with CHI Vardy! This buildable CHI-powered warrior is primed for combat with his large wings, decorated leg armor and sharp claw feet. Protect the precious CHI orb lodged in the icy Vulture tribe leader's chest CHI-up and build the ultimate Vardy!

70211 CHI Fluminox

Item No: 70211

Ages: 7 - 14

Pieces: 91

Swoop to conquer with the posable LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Fluminox with shooting crossbow, movable wings, playable CHI function and more.

Fly into combat with Fluminox – the Phoenix tribe's agile leader transformed with CHI power into a magnificent buildable warrior! Flap the wings to soar into the sky and launch an aerial attack with the awesome firing flame crossbow. Adjust FLUMINOX's sup CHI-up and build the ultimate Fluminox!

70212 CHI Sir Fangar

Item No: 70212

Ages: 7 - 14

Pieces: 97

Attack with LEGO® Legends of Chima™ CHI Sir Fangar with movable jaws, shooting ice weapon, flipping spikes, playable CHI function and more.

Hunt down rivals and launch an attack with menacing CHI Sir Fangar! This buildable CHI-powered caped warrior features snapping jaws and huge saber teeth. Pose his super-flexible limbs and flip the spikes for awesome action poses. Fire the shooting ice wea CHI-up and build the ultimate Sir Fangar!

What we can tell from this:

• At least two of the sets, CHI Fluminox and CHI Sir Fangar, have a launcher function. These are notably the two largest sets, by piece count, and they also seem to be more expensive — probably $20 rather than $15.
  • Every set has a "playable CHI function" which seems to involve a CHI orb popping out of their chests. This presumably means no more printed CHI orbs. Possibly similar to the competitive component of the 2001 BIONICLE sets, except instead of knocking off an opponent's mask you try to knock out their CHI orb.
  • Like CHI Cragger, CHI Panthar and CHI Sir Fangar have movable jaws.
  • New tribes include ice-themed mammoths, vultures, and saber-tooth tigers and fire-themed phoenixes. "Legacy characters" like Laval and Cragger also seem to be aligned with the fire element, suggesting the ice characters are going to be the summer sets' new villains.

So he really is a phoenix! Awesome!

And I agree, the bad guys are ice themed. Lastly, I'm really curious about the launcher mechanisms. I'd be fine with something like Breakout Rocka's crossbow. Just no flick missiles please.

the mammoth sounds nice, but the question is, will he be a humanoid

Absolutely. All the civilized tribes of Chima are humanoid, including other originally-quadrupedal ones like the lions, wolves, crocodiles, and rhinos. And I don't see how any non-humanoid mammoth could wield an ice mallet.

For Mungus I'm thinking a bulky character, like Hulk or Gorzan, with Raw Jaw feet. Panthar, a tweaked Laval/Worriz, Vardy a tweaked Eris/Razar (I wonder what "decorated leg armor" means?). No idea how Laval and Cragger could change from their 2013 versions.

Fluminox could be like the other birds with with bigger wings and a taller frame. Sir Fangus has a cape (hopefully Furno's but in a different colour, maybe white to keep the ice theme?), so he might have a build similar to Furno XL (it CAN be done, he had 103 pieces, close to Fangus's 97).

I also except the new feet HF's Beasts introduce to be widely used.

I wonder if we'll get new weapons? HF this year is lacking melee weapons, I'd like a new blade at least, and some cool recolours.