just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

Toxikita looks more human than Acid or Retox, and Retox is the only one who may not be human-or have been human- at all. I don't think Adam and Toxikita could have been "created" but Retox could have been. Infearno being a DI reincarnation is odd since they look very different aside from their names and basic premises. What happened to the robotic arm? A few more weeks and we'll know who and what these villains are.

EDIIT: Wait, I just noticed the Riverside Raid product description confirming Toxikita as his master.

Adam Acid is trying to steal crates of toxic compounds from the Astor City docks for his Super Villain master, Toxikita.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Just bought every set from the wave minus the Mission HQ this weekend, only set I still haven't got around to building thus far is the Infearno Interception.

Hurricane Heist is by far one of the best sets I've bought in a long time, I'm loving the stand-alone villains. I'm not sure if it's been noted or not, but in the Heist set you get a sticker showing Psyclone in cahoots with some type of hooded figure, and after watching a review for the Mission HQ that same hooded figure appears on the screen of the laptop Terabyte is trying to steal. So I'm assuming there's some type of behind the scenes villain pulling the strings, hopefully we'll see more of that in a second wave.

Edited by LipanConjured

I'm not sure if it's been noted or not, but in the Heist set you get a sticker showing Psyclone in cahoots with some type of hooded figure, and after watching a review for the Mission HQ that same hooded figure appears on the screen of the laptop Terabyte is trying to steal. So I'm assuming there's some type of behind the scenes villain pulling the strings, hopefully we'll see more of that in a second wave.

So the plot thickens! :wink:

Hmm... a second wave and a well-developed storyline seem more likely now.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Very mysterious, but it (again) is very unlikely that Ninjago will have anything to do with this series. The "overlord information" came from someone who does not really care about specific information (during Toy Fair chaos) and could have easily confused the storyline of the two Action Themes.

I wouldn't think too deep in this.

HOWEVER,

I, like many others here, want another wave. There being a ringleader to all of these baddies, wouldn't come as too far off.

Edited by Penkid11

Personally, I'm hoping for a completely new character/entity instead of borrowing one from another theme. I could be a bit biased since I'm not a big fan of the Ninjago series/canon, but I think the mystery villain is an original character.

I'm wondering if all the villains are meant to be connected or if it's just Terabyte and Psyclone working under the hooded figure?

"Overlord" doesn't necessarily refer to the character, just a generic villain descriptive the report used. I feel like Terabyte and Psyclone are connected, but not in partnership with Toxikita/Acid/Retox. They seem like their own force, working for themselves only.

Infearno and Tremor are unaccounted for if Terabyte/Psyclone and Toxikita/Adam Acid/Retox are established villain teams, though. Tremor may be with Psyclone and Terabyte, since he's also apparently a technologically enhanced human, but Infearno's more elemental, but not toxic-based. We may be overthinking this, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario

in the Heist set you get a sticker showing Psyclone in cahoots with some type of hooded figure, and after watching a review for the Mission HQ that same hooded figure appears on the screen of the laptop Terabyte is trying to steal. So I'm assuming there's some type of behind the scenes villain pulling the strings, hopefully we'll see more of that in a second wave.

Fantastic! That's great news! This makes things even more exciting. :D

"Overlord" doesn't necessarily refer to the character, just a generic villain descriptive the report used. I feel like Terabyte and Psyclone are connected, but not in partnership with Toxikita/Acid/Retox. They seem like their own force, working for themselves only.

Infearno and Tremor are unaccounted for if Terabyte/Psyclone and Toxikita/Adam Acid/Retox are established villain teams, though. Tremor may be with Psyclone and Terabyte, since he's also apparently a technologically enhanced human, but Infearno's more elemental, but not toxic-based. We may be overthinking this, though.

I'm thinking of it in a "Legion of Doom" kind of sense. They're all villains. They all work on their own (except Adam Acid, Retox, and Toxitikia), but they're temporarily banding together under the direction of an idea-centric villain who they may not exactly work for, but respect, fear, or are intrigued enough by to take direction from temporarily, hoping that if they pool their resources, the job might pay off.

As for Ninjago tie-in... I know this will be unpopular, but I sure hope not. Ninjago is a great series with a lot of sci-fi/fantasy elements, and it's very good at what it does, but Ultra Agents doesn't really seem to mesh with Ninjago's mysticism. I'm hoping the hooded figure is either a new character, a return of an established villain (I have three I'd particularly love to see), or never revealed at all (it could be anyone, even you!).

Of course, there's also the possibility it's Omega from Clutch Powers.

You may be on the right track with your Legion of Doom idea. Wonder if TLG can pull something like that off and push for a storyline that's just as mysterious as it is cohesive. It might account for why some have felt that the sets lack unity in colour and design, almost like mercenaries working towards a common goal (save for the alliances already mentioned with the likes of Toxikita).

I just picked up the Tremor set today at the Lego Store. I LOVE the minifigs, especially Tremor. The set itself I would say is average, great but nothing spectacular.

Looking at that silhouette it's not so much a hood or cloak as it looks to be a helmet and Armor with an open face. It would be too cool if this was the return of Ogel'?

Doesn't look like it, though. I doubt they would revive a classic villain(unfortunately), and it may even be a silhouette with no explanation at all. It's very unlikely that this theme would have any sort of connection to Ninjago, since this seems to be futuristic, while Ninjago is pseudo-old Japanese-ish.

I just noticed that in the cheapest sets Solomon Blaze appears in in GS and UA, the verb "intercept" is in the set name in some way: Swarm Interceptor and Infearno Interception. Weird coincidence.

Is it me or is the tremor track armour remarkably similar to the look of the dwarf soldiers appearing in the next hobbit movie! I wouldn't be surprised if this appears in the next wave of hobbit sets. On topic. I absolutely love this theme. The suitage, the wacky villains the futuristic tech, the resemblance to agents of shield :wink:. Glad to see the return of a secret agent theme. I will certainly be picking some of this stuff up.

Is it me or is the tremor track armour remarkably similar to the look of the dwarf soldiers appearing in the next hobbit movie!

It's possible, as I'm sure LEGO likes to reuse molds when possible.

Tis time... for somebody to make an Adam acid with Retox body and legs.

Pleaer?

Why is that very hard to imagine yourself if we've already got really HQ images of those parts and their heads really aren't too different? Also you could do without the odd wording and spelling errors. But anyhow, here's an MSpaint mock up I did to satiate your curiosity.

4roq9w.jpg

Edited by ComputerBug

I think his regular body looks better, since the whole thing about him is that he's slowly turning into acid in different parts. Just my opinion.