TimBurdon

The Urn Returns!

For some in the world, this MOC might seem a bit strange, but if you live in Australia or England, it means so much more.

Australia today won the Ashes in cricket. We have taken the series 3-0, with two tests to play. And to my northern hemisphere LEGO lovers, my sympathies, now you know how we felt last time. :wink:

What's the Ashes? Short story is a series of cricket Test matches between Australia and England, which has a huge amount of history tied to it. Long story - head over here and have a read http://www.lords.org...tory/the-ashes/

The Urn Returns!

11416250195_0a2fa7cb7b.jpg

Great! Enjoying your great depiction of Mitch Johnson. :laugh:

It's as close as I could get with a standard minifig head. Actually turned out better than I thought, I didn't think anyone would guess who that was supposed to be, thanks.

HA... Mitchell Johnson is great on there as TimBurdon said... There's adverts on Sky TV here in the UK at the moment and one of the shots is him grinning with that 'tache so it's pretty spot on!

Well played that man!... Now... how do you depict in Lego a broken spirited bowler who goes for 28 in one over during a test match?

The Urn Returns! Totally did not expect to see that on Eurobricks. Everywhere else, yes, but not here.

Back left with the cleft & cheekbones just HAS to be Peter Siddle. Front left hairpiece is perfect for Shane Watson. The mo must be Johnson. That mo gave MiJo mojo.

Hahahaha, this has literally made my day!!! As an avid cricket and LEGO fan, what could be better than combining the two!!! I love all the details, with the ball and the stumps, really well done!

As Atlantis said, I did not expect to see Ashes related anything on EB, but am pleasantly surprised :classic:

Long may the urn stay where it belongs :wub: , happy building :laugh:

Come On Aussie Come On, Come On !

Come On Aussie Come On, Come On ! :laugh:

Though the urn is a little on the large size.....in theory it should only be 1 plate in height.....but you got the message across......we won the Ashes ! :grin:

Brick On 'Tim' ! :grin:

To be fair you should do one for the English team as well - you'ld just need a few of those faces with tears or scared looks, plus a couple of suitcases for those who've already gone home early...