CM4Sci

LEGO The Hobbit Videogame

So after the teaser from the instructions have been around for a while, today WB announced the game proper.

It will be released in spring 2014 and incclude content from the first 2 movies.

That is great cause it means we'll proapbly get another game for the 3rd movie, perhaps some lotr/full hobbit game collection.(speculation)

Wich in return means 2 more exlcusive minifigures, one for each game preorder/special edition! (speculation)

legohobbit.png

legohobbit1.png

legohobbit2.png

Do you guys think that the Blue Wizards will be in this game?

Well Lego video games usually cover a large array of characters, and since this game will only be covering the 1st two movies, I'd assume they will take any chance to add in new characters. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty likely.

Looks great :thumbup: Too bad the game doesn't include all three movies, but oh well...

Has anyone else noticed the Professor Flitwick cameo on the far left of the first pic? :laugh:

I've merged the topics. Carry on!

I'll just weigh in by saying - coming out with a 'just first two films' game seems like a rather cheap move. It's just goading people into buying more than is really necessary, since LEGO will surely come out with another version that includes the final film, like they did for Indiana Jones. I don't see how there could really even be enough gameplay with the story from just these two, unless the story is stretched really far. After all, the whole LotR trilogy made one nicely-sized game. Now that they add exclusive figures, lots of people will definitely buy this one, even though the exact same gameplay will most likely be incorporated into a future game. Great job LEGO/Tt.

Looks awesome but I hope the final film is just DLC, that would make so much more sense. It might even be a new business strategy.

By the way, here's another version of the first advertisement.

legohobbit3.png

I've merged the topics. Carry on!

I'll just weigh in by saying - coming out with a 'just first two films' game seems like a rather cheap move. It's just goading people into buying more than is really necessary, since LEGO will surely come out with another version that includes the final film, like they did for Indiana Jones. I don't see how there could really even be enough gameplay with the story from just these two, unless the story is stretched really far. After all, the whole LotR trilogy made one nicely-sized game. Now that they add exclusive figures, lots of people will definitely buy this one, even though the exact same gameplay will most likely be incorporated into a future game. Great job LEGO/Tt.

I think the production was probably started back when there were only supposed to be two movies, then PJ changed his mind at the last minute.

Looks awesome but I hope the final film is just DLC, that would make so much more sense. It might even be a new business strategy.

Kids/families does not buy dlc very often, thats barely a thing alot of "standard" people know about for console/pc games.

Even if the FInal movie were to be dlc they would release a boxed copy.

Has anyone else noticed the Professor Flitwick cameo on the far left of the first pic? :laugh:

I think that's supposed to be Bifur

Its a real shame that we didn't get Orcrist. Honestly LEGO, get it together! :laugh:

I think it will come out around the time the second film is released on BluRay / DVD, (april at a guess). And then there will undoubtedly be a game for the 3rd film, possibly released on its own or as part of a collection. There are some peculiarities with their licencing (travellers tales) for example they couldnt release an Indy Episode 4 lego game to coincide with the film, only the original trilogy as another company had the licence for the game of the 4th film with some months exclusivity. So they had to wait to release 'the adventure continues'.

It might be the licence doesnt allow them to release a lego hobbit game to coincide with the film but only several months after

I think it will come out around the time the second film is released on BluRay / DVD, (april at a guess). And then there will undoubtedly be a game for the 3rd film, possibly released on its own or as part of a collection. There are some peculiarities with their licencing (travellers tales) for example they couldnt release an Indy Episode 4 lego game to coincide with the film, only the original trilogy as another company had the licence for the game of the 4th film with some months exclusivity. So they had to wait to release 'the adventure continues'.

It might be the licence doesnt allow them to release a lego hobbit game to coincide with the film but only several months after

No no, not the case, this is WB who has both the movie and game lisence, all the MOVIE middle earth based games are made by various studios owned by WB. Travelers tales are part of WB aswell.

(fyi during lotr movie days EA had the lisence but thats not the case anymore).

Thats why I only said it might be the case, not that it was the case (it was for Indy 4).

I wasnt sure if Warner had licensed the film out to another developer / publisher or even if there is a stand alone Hobbit 2 game in the wings (ie a none lego game).

It doesnt always follow that the company who owns the film, makes the game. I worked at Sony for over 10yrs, and usually sony films were licensed out to other developers not to the in house sony computer entertainment development studios (though in essence sony pictures and sony computer entertainment are different companies under the sony umbrella). Likewise EA now have the star wars licence, bar the mobile and social part which Disney retained. (sorry Off topic)

All in all though, lets hope new Lego Hobbit game is good !

They've done this before...

I bet in 2015 they'll release

The Hobbit 2: The Journey Continues

Redo the first two movies with random levels, skipping major parts of the movie, and giving There and Back Again 15 levels. :rofl:

While I am glad that this game has now been confirmed, it's absurd that they're only releasing it with levels from the first two movies, before inevitably releasing another game later on with levels from There & Back Again :hmpf_bad: . It's a crafty money-making technique, which I'm sure many kids will fall for, but I think I will just wait for the second game to come out at some point in 2015.

The game is up for pre-order at several places like Future Shop, stating a release date of March 31st. It's kinda weird it's coming out on such short notice, since there was a 10 month wait for LEGO Marvel Superheroes between the announcement and release.

Edited by Floundie

WOW! That looks SO GOOD! I cannot wait to get that! Then again, it'll just make me wish that LEGO would put as much detail in their minifig designs as the game designers do.

I'm really excited to see how that animate Smaug. And the barrel scene as a level will be crazy!

Edited by Fives

That looks awesome! I still think they're gonna fit TABA in there yet, as DLC or a patch. It is LEGO The Hobbit after all, not LEGO The Hobbit: Part 1.

How the heck would they do Smaug? He's too ridiculously big. If he's minifigure scale he'd be several feet across at least. :)

I just hope this game releases 1-3 months after the Lego Movie Game, because it will be overkill for the parents buying these games for their kids, if this game comes out the same week or the week after as the Lego Movie Game.

What?! Pegi 7? Whelp, guess I won't be able to play it! But in all seriousness the looks to be shaping up very nicely. Cant wait!

Edit: I killed a thread yet another thread! Dun uh, dun uh.....dun uh........

Edited by Im a brickmaster.