Sign in to follow this  

Hi All,

I want to show you my moc of a Skid Loader/loader inspired by previous postings on here.

skid_loader_1.jpg

I made it with a four wheel steer (as I did not have enough track) and pneumatic lift for the bucket, I used a small LA to tip and raise the bucket controlled by the two black angular wheels. It's all manual. The cab lifts to release the technic fugure with steering from the cab and the conical gear wheel at the rear.

skid_loader_2.jpg

skid_loader_3.jpg

skid_loader_lift_1.jpg

skid_loader_rear_3.jpg

skid_loader_cab.jpg

I'm finished with it for now to try and come up with something for the triple build. I might come back to it later now that I have my servo.

Thanks and I hope my linking has worked this time around.

H

Edited by Horace T

I like it, though technically it is not a "skid steer loader", as it actually has normal steering :wink:

I especially like that you used the pneumatic actuators the way you did, making them retract to lift the digger :classic:

I like it, though technically it is not a "skid steer loader", as it actually has normal steering :wink:

I especially like that you used the pneumatic actuators the way you did, making them retract to lift the digger :classic:

I understand what you mean. It's a loader then. It was interesting to see the different types of skid loaders. Maybe I should change the topic title.

H

That's sweet man, great to see you doing the best with what you have, true Lego spirit! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I miss the good'ol days, when I had just a hand full of part, and to make a black truck, I used a permanent marker! hahaha

( not that you did anything that bad!)

Can it lift heavy loads? :sweet:

That's sweet man, great to see you doing the best with what you have, true Lego spirit! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I miss the good'ol days, when I had just a hand full of part, and to make a black truck, I used a permanent marker! hahaha

( not that you did anything that bad!)

Can it lift heavy loads? :sweet:

I remember making my own chunky tyres by taking the tyre off the rim and putting back on half way. That was about 1980 when I had a miniscule town collection. I also made my own steering. It will lift a loaded battery pack and with the bucket tipped down it will lift itself off the ground as one of the images shows. I'm a big fan of pnuematics, I just need more tubing. The pump i've used I got sometime in the mid nineties with some tubing. I would love bigger cylinders.

H

Great work :) I really want a good pneumatics set again!

Yes. I agree. With larger pneumatics and a pack of multi size tubing. Yum yum.

H

Do the wheels drive any function?

Also, quite off topic, but I'll ordering 15 pneumatic cylinders for my latest project... :devil:

Do the wheels drive any function?

Also, quite off topic, but I'll ordering 15 pneumatic cylinders for my latest project... :devil:

No. The wheels are just for steering and driving. I've built it as something to play with which is why everything is manual. I'm still getting to grips with the studless building methods you see.

I want more pnuematics myself.

H

Nice loader!

Thanks.

H