Lego Otaku

Bricklinking an UCS MF 10179? Possible cheap source of boat mast

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

http://www.seriousplay.com/19565/2000431

The new set is rather pricey but a sharp eyed forum member spotted 6 of the light bley boat mast that looks very much like the hard to find part needed for the large Millennium Falcon. The set is already sold out so odds are some of the buyers are reseller hoping they are the correct part for the MF and to make quick $900 on 6 of them, and still have over 2,000 pieces left to sell as well. However when too many floods the market, the price usually drops and they becomes common and cheap. Hopefully under $25 a pop cheap.

If you have a few and are hoarding them, you might want to consider selling it fast before the market is flooded.

So, let me get this straight. You're actually encouraging people to make an obscene profit with the light bluish grey boat mastst before "the market is flooded"?

You sure you're a LEGO fan?

Good catch

So, let me get this straight. You're actually encouraging people to make an obscene profit with the light bluish grey boat mastst before "the market is flooded"?

He is not.

I think this is a good alert for people who want to bricklink a UCS MF, to wait buying the boat masts until the market is flooded.

If he was for "obscene profit" he could have bought the set himself multiple times and sell

the boat masts, without sharing it.

Also this might make the marked flooded sooner.

Edited by TWP

You sure you're a LEGO fan?

It'd be hard to encourage people to resell parts for profit when flooding the market means the price will drop. Beside it was sold out before I posted this. Like other said, I am making people aware that the light bley part could be available cheaper soon if they waited a bit, and to sell theirs if they are hoarding them before the market is flooded.

USD754 for 2042 parts. Pretty pricey if that mast wasn't so rare.

Bring on more to the market I say! I picked up a used 10179 locally but it's of course missing the mast rigging. And no way am I paying US$150 for one part.

I ordered one. We'll see if they're actually in there. Also, the description of the kit says there's 10 identical kits, so it's possible there are 10, not just 6.

I think it's still available on S@H but doesn't seem to ship outside the US. Darn.

I'd be most happy to buy two masts off anyone who managest to pick up one of these. Drop me a line!

My reply when I had customer service look in to this for me.

"Dear Andrew, 

Thank you for patiently waiting for my reply.

I received an answer in regards to the lattice part that you saw in the picture on the Seriousplay.com website.

Unfortunately, the picture is not up to date and the lattice piece is not included in the set. There will be new photos of the set put up shortly.

Please reply to this email letting me know if you are still interested in receiving this order or if you would like me to cancel it.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. However, we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention."

I canceled my order.

My reply when I had customer service look in to this for me.

"Dear Andrew,

Thank you for patiently waiting for my reply.

I received an answer in regards to the lattice part that you saw in the picture on the Seriousplay.com website.

Unfortunately, the picture is not up to date and the lattice piece is not included in the set. There will be new photos of the set put up shortly.

Please reply to this email letting me know if you are still interested in receiving this order or if you would like me to cancel it.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. However, we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention."

I canceled my order.

Ahahahaha. Made me laugh.

At the same time it kind of sucks that the market won't flood so they become affordable. :P

Hi

why did you worry about the now missing mast rigging in bley?

They will put in instead ten of the printed radar dishes from the 10179 :D

Dino