XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Just now, JDbricks said:

Would it be appropriate to post my Star Wars minifigure collection in this topic - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/142558-post-your-star-wars-minifig-collections/#comment-2686322

Or in the "Updating your minifigures" topic?

In the first thread they said to just post it in the UYM one, but I'm not sure. :sceptic:

Apparently you can post it here.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

TIE Striker gets no love :sad: though I must agree the Y-wing is a great set with good value.

The Y-wing is an iconic ship, none of the other can even come close. So if you don't own that in any iteration, I'd go for that too.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

TIE Striker gets no love :sad: though I must agree the Y-wing is a great set with good value.

It's not that the TIE gets no love ......imo it's a great set decent figs and who doesn't love swooshing as you try and make that iconic sound ?

The Resistance Transport  for me was just the logical choice as it's being retired and in certain places can be nabbed at a good discount. Secondary to that but also important was that even if at first glance, to some, it may not appear a "good" set, myself included, it's a really well put together and good fun to build 

16 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Which should I buy?

If all are the same price?

I'm a huge fan of the Resistance Troop Transporter so I would recommend getting it before it retires. I think the Y-wing is a must get if you're an OT fan but it will be available for another year at least and will probably be discounted at some point. The TIE Striker is a cool set but it's not a must get since it wasn't really prominent in RO and it doesn't have any main character minifigures. 

May or may not be SW related but here's the lego store calendar, with a sweet double VIP points for people who wants to pick up a few new SW sets.  

LEGO March 2017 Store Calendar

Now on with the question: any clue towards what's the early access about new sets on march 17? 

8 hours ago, jdm44 said:

I'm a huge fan of the Resistance Troop Transporter so I would recommend getting it before it retires. I think the Y-wing is a must get if you're an OT fan but it will be available for another year at least and will probably be discounted at some point. The TIE Striker is a cool set but it's not a must get since it wasn't really prominent in RO and it doesn't have any main character minifigures. 

The resistance troop transport is currently available for £29.99 on S@H - we'll worth it. https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Resistance-Troop-Transporter-75140

30 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

The resistance troop transport is currently available for £29.99 on S@H - we'll worth it. https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Resistance-Troop-Transporter-75140

Wow! That's a great price! Unfortunately there is no discount in my region :hmpf_bad:

38 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

May or may not be SW related but here's the lego store calendar, with a sweet double VIP points for people who wants to pick up a few new SW sets.  

-snip-

Thanks @RetroInferno. That Scarif battle at the top of the calendar is at the back of the SW instruction manuals as an ad for Force Builder, interesting that TLG would put it up there.

I think the Y-wing is gonna be the only reasonnably priced set of this wave BPs excluded. 

Let's brace ourselves for the A-wing and Scariff price reveal. :thumbdown:

Just now, RetroInferno said:

I think the Y-wing is gonna be the only reasonnably priced set of this wave BPs excluded. 

Let's brace ourselves for the A-wing and Scariff price reveal. :thumbdown:

Presumably the A-wing will be $44,99 US and Scarif will be $54,99 US? Just my guess based off prices in my region.

14 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Presumably the A-wing will be $44,99 US and Scarif will be $54,99 US? Just my guess based off prices in my region.

Waaaaayyy back CM4 told us Scariff was 49,99$ US, which translates to 60$ CAN, which honestly isn't that terrible. But looking at both Takodana and Encounter on Jakku my guess is 59,99$$ US and 74,99 CAN which is not good at all. Maybe Lego having to put reductions on these two to sell them was a lesson. 

My educated guess on the A-wing is 39,99 US and 49,99 CAN. 

Honestly right now UK's got some pretty rotten deals since the price increase: that Phantom 2.0 is ridiculous over there. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Thanks!! Wow that is exactly what I was hoping it would priced!! Super excited! I'm interested in the other sets prices! Especially Scariff and the Phantom 2. I have hope but I'm happy at least one set is decent priced. I had a VIP account awhile ago..... I've forgotten the password and username years ago.. I think the last I used it was when I bought the Rancor pit :laugh: My plan is to make a new account and maybe wait till May 4th and buy up the sets! If Scariff is $50 I'd be happy since obviously it is better than $60. Looks like the wait will at least be worth it a little!!

If you are Canadian the VIP points comes really handy: the amount you get is applied before taxes ( which is roughly 15% ). 

7 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Waaaaayyy back CM4 told us Scariff was 49,99$ US, which translates to 60$ CAN, which honestly isn't that terrible. But looking at both Takodana and Encounter on Jakku my guess is 59,99$$ US and 74,99 CAN which is not good at all. Maybe Lego having to put reductions on these two to sell them was a lesson. 

My educated guess on the A-wing is 39,99 US and 49,99 CAN. 

Honestly right now UK's got some pretty rotten deals since the price increase: that Phantom 2.0 is ridiculous over there. 

Dude, be thankful if you get the A-wing for 50 CAN, here it's 60 CHF, which would be 79 in your region...and the average EU price is also 50 EUR, so...

Well I'm not really discussing general currency logic but Lego's pricing pattern: the A-wing is 79,99 in australia, so is the AT-ST, which is sold at 49,99 CAN. 

Euro prices includes taxes too, here you must add 15% to the final price. 

49 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Well I'm not really discussing general currency logic but Lego's pricing pattern: the A-wing is 79,99 in australia, so is the AT-ST, which is sold at 49,99 CAN. 

Euro prices includes taxes too, here you must add 15% to the final price. 

Ah, I see. But still, even with taxes you're better off than in Europe..and the tax rate is not so different here either.

On 2/1/2017 at 8:24 AM, jdm44 said:

Jyn is in the set and she's arguably the main character of the movie.

3 hours ago, Helghan said:

Jyn is in the set and she's arguably the main character of the movie.

No, the TIE Striker has no main characters, because Jyn only comes in Battle on Scarif and the U-wing.

7 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

You mean they don't have angry clone faces? :wink:

Mines are fine, although I just have 3 of them. 

Heh, I'd consider it a plus if they didn't come with angry clone heads. I feel violated every time I see one. :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Heh, I'd consider it a plus if they didn't come with angry clone heads. I feel violated every time I see one. :laugh_hard:

kind of off topic, but what's with the profile pic you guys? At first it was funny but seeing this flood the first page it's quickly becoming disturbing...*huh*

10 minutes ago, brobert said:

kind of off topic, but what's with the profile pic you guys? At first it was funny but seeing this flood the first page it's quickly becoming disturbing...*huh*

Join the freaky Yoda club :laugh::thumbup: @JDbricks and I had the weird idea :wink:

9 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Join the freaky Yoda club :laugh::thumbup: @JDbricks and I had the weird idea :wink:

I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!!! 

Out of interest guys, do you think that Rogue One sets are going to be made for years to come?  I only ask because it isn't a direct movie in the main movie line.