XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi

just like you i am new in buying Star Wars sets. As many othersnat my age (born '76) i am mostl into OT, then PT. I recentöy started watching TCW to give them a try (do not reget this at the moment).

I started with X, Tie and A. Also EP1 Darth Mauls Inceptor, becuase i really like him. Got a 9500 for parts (99€ MRSP, discounted down to 38€, a steal). Now i have too a Lukes Landspeeder and the lecond last Slave 1 6209 which i like more because of the many sandgreen parts. I got this for 75€ MISB on eBay.

I think you can START with Lego SW but not JUST spending 100-120 bucks on that theme. If you have them once you want them all.

So my next thing will be the Y-Wing.

Around Xmas i will go for a MF ;)

Dino

You have a great opportunity right now to get several iconic Original Trilogy vehicles and playsets which will sooner or later be retired and become very expensive on the secondary market. Each set in the current line-up is great- minifig selection and build, I would recommend all of them.

There are quite a few interesting sets available at the time. For starting a nice collection of OT sets, i can highly recommend:

9496 Desert Skiff

75003 A Wing Stafighter

75014 Battle of Hoth

8092 Luke's Landspeeder (not available everywhere, though)

9489 Endor Rebel & Imperial Trooper Battlepack

for a decent combination of iconic minifigs, vehicles - all at a reasonable piece/price ratio. As a lot you might get the sets for about 120 bucks, depending on country and currency. If in Europe, you might likely have to pay more.

You can also go the starship path:

9493 X Wing Fighter

9492 TIE Fighter and maybe throwing in a

9495 Y Wing Fighter

They make for a very good display on the shelf. For about 140 bucks they ought to be yours.

A good option for a start also is the mighty

7965 Millennium Falcon

For about 120 bucks you get a lot of important OT minifigs and a good caption of 'the fastest hunk of junk' in the galaxy. :wink:

I'll second what everyone else said: the x wing, tie and a wing are all awesome.

I love the original trilogy and now is a great time to collect the iconic ships from those films.

I'm almost done building the Falcon, it's brilliant too.

I'm going to merge this with the General SW Questions thread, since it fits in well there. :classic:

Hi guys if this is the right place to talk about this (which most likely is anyway). Can anyone tell me where I can find the 9526 version of Anakin Skywalker, and is there any difference between 9494 version and 9526 version by any chance.

Hi guys if this is the right place to talk about this (which most likely is anyway). Can anyone tell me where I can find the 9526 version of Anakin Skywalker, and is there any difference between 9494 version and 9526 version by any chance.

http://minifigs.nl/swminifigs/mfnl-anakin-pa.html 9526 - http://minifigs.nl/swminifigs/mfnl-anakin-am.html 9494. Face and cloak are the only differences.

I have both sets (actually not opened 9494 yet), and the one from palpi's arrest has a neutral, jedi face and on the other side the angry sith face.

the one from the interceptor has two sith faces (dark print around his eyes), with different facial expressions.

Hi all, I have two questions,

Firstly, I am looking to try and by general grievous's wheel bike set to add to my collection. Amazon has it but for an expensive amount - so I was wondering if anybody new any other places I could get it for a cheaper price.

Secondly, when the new star wars sets come out for episodes 7,8 and 9 will the box be stamped with the Disney logo like previous themes (cars 2, toy story, PotC etc.) or will it have the lucasfilm logo?

Thanks Tariq j

P.S. I apologize if my second question belongs in the " Disney buys lucasfilm" forum.

Edited by Tariq j

Hi all, I have two questions,

Firstly, I am looking to try and by general grievous's wheel bike set to add to my collection. Amazon has it but for an expensive amount - so I was wondering if anybody new any other places I could get it for a cheaper price.

Secondly, when the new star wars sets come out for episodes 7,8 and 9 will the box be stamped with the Disney logo like previous themes (cars 2, toy story, PotC etc.) or will it have the lucasfilm logo?

Thanks Tariq j

P.S. I apologize if my second question belongs in the " Disney buys lucasfilm" forum.

If I where you, I would at least wait a wave, there are high chances a newer version might be included in the winter wave, I think.

I think they will slowly convert the boxes with a disney logo, not directly, and probalbly you have too look a few minutes to find it.

I assume you can expect the same thing as the difference of super heroes and avengers. I am not the biggest expert so I think someone else can answer your question better.

Normally Lucasfilm unveiles the general star wars box art much earlier then the new sets leak, but I am, again, not sure, especially because it's now Disney.

Your question fits here quite good in my opinion, don't be worried :wink:

I have a question (not sure if it would fit in this thread or not)

What's worth buying:

75003 A-Wing

9496 Desert Skiff

Or should I wait until newer sets are released?

What's worth buying:

75003 A-Wing

9496 Desert Skiff

You're going to be waiting a looong time for new ones. Those are both great sets, get them now.

You're going to be waiting a looong time for new ones. Those are both great sets, get them now.

I can only get one and I meant the newer sets as in sets from the next waves etc.

What's worth buying:

75003 A-Wing

9496 Desert Skiff

Those two sets are great inexpensive sets. Of the two I think he Skiff has the better figs, all truly integral to the scene. While the A Wing is the better build and more swoosh able ship.

What's worth buying:

75003 A-Wing

9496 Desert Skiff

I have those 2 sets, but if your only getting one, I would say....... Mmm, Take the Skiff. It has great minifig and is a good build. The A-wing is also very nice, don't get me wrong, but the Skiff has more possibilities i think.

I also have both those sets, and agree...if you want minifigs, go for the Skiff. If you want a decent ship build, go for the A Wing.

But...if you look around, you can probably get hold of both for less than £45.

Also...the A Wing does have 3 very nice minifigs, including Han and admiral Ackbar in a cheap set !

I only had £25 and I decided to go with the A-Wing as it includes more rebels than the skiff and my rebels need as many troops/pilots/commanders as possible to get any where near my stormtrooper forces

hi, A few days a go I was thinking of purchasing jabbas palace but then I remembered that jabbas sail barge was coming out later this year so I was wandering which one should I get?

Tariq j

Edited by Tariq j

hi, A few days a go I was thinking of purchasing jabbas palace but then I remembered that jabbas sail barge was coming out later this year so I was wandering which one should I get?

Tariq j

I skipped Jabba's Palace because I didn't really care for it. I have since gotten most of the exclusive figs from that. I will get the new sail barge set though, mainly for Jabba and Leia and the other figs. The model is not too bad, really. I think it's better than Jabba's Palace, except for those shiny sails :sick:

I would get the sail barge and just buy the other figs you want seperately.

Hi, thanks for the advice, I think I will wait for the sailbarge to come out because, as you said the set is better than jabbas palace and I can buy the figures separatly.

Thanks

Tariq j

Tariq j

I'm going for the palace, imo the better set of the 2. The barge is really... I have no words to describe how wrong it is actually.

I'm going for the palace, imo the better set of the 2. The barge is really... I have no words to describe how wrong it is actually.

Yes, well they both need some serious modding with extra parts to be more accurate to the source material. We could essentially nitpick almost all the bigger sets for their inaccuracies and we would be mostly right. The sets all have a budget that has to be met but not exceeded, so MODs or MOCs are the better way to go if someone wants accuracy.

If you can get the palace on sale for a good p/p ratio, you can't go wrong there. It has amazing minifigs and is a good parts pack if nothing else. Check ebay or bricklink for one without the figs to expand Jabba's hut into a proper Jabba's palace. That, I would like to see. :classic:

Yes, well they both need some serious modding with extra parts to be more accurate to the source material. We could essentially nitpick almost all the bigger sets for their inaccuracies and we would be mostly right. The sets all have a budget that has to be met but not exceeded, so MODs or MOCs are the better way to go if someone wants accuracy.

If you can get the palace on sale for a good p/p ratio, you can't go wrong there. It has amazing minifigs and is a good parts pack if nothing else. Check ebay or bricklink for one without the figs to expand Jabba's hut into a proper Jabba's palace. That, I would like to see. :classic:

Haha, funny how you say "Jabba's hut". :laugh:

But you are right, most sets need a good bit of modding. Just like I will mod the 2008 Gunship with parts from the new one coming out. :wink:

Edited by Cyberbricker

Hi there, does anybody know if TLG are going to release any more OT battlepacks of any kind ? I have both the Hoth bp's, and the Endor bp and i am only realy interested in OT sets, but i see an almost constant stream of clone/droid packs and not a thing from what could be a rich source of characters/mini vehicles/ scenes ?

Also, i built up my Battle of Hoth last night and was pretty impressed. The figs are sweet, the trench is ......a trench. And the Snowspeeder...oh my !! I just love that thing ! Larger than i was expecting, accurate and pretty detailed. The Snowspeeder is now my favourite set that i own. There is just one glaring fault that i intend to mod out.......the damn tow cable winch at the rear ! The designers did such a wonderful job with this ship, and then they stuck that on the back. I think im going to replace it with a non-working approximation of a winch, so i can display it with pride.

Edited by miles teg