Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #81: Home Sweet Home

Q7unWqc.png

"Professional, huh."

The creatures seems to squint from beneath its face gird, looking closely at the heroes.

"You have bags under your eyes and some purple rims. You didn't sleep well, did you?"

"I, for one, had some sort of nightmare last night."

Em pauses, crossing his arms. "I get them often, but not like that... It may seem childish, but that nightmare felt like it was more. I couldn't sleep because of it."

Edited by emjajoas

Q7unWqc.png

"Professional, huh."

The creatures seems to squint from beneath its face gird, looking closely at the heroes.

"You have bags under your eyes and some purple rims. You didn't sleep well, did you?"

"I slept better than usual. And I always look like this yer basta-Sir. Anyway, how is this relevant? Yer could talk about our job. That's what yer need done, :sadnew: so I'd say it's more important."

"I slept better than usual. And I always look like this yer basta-Sir. Anyway, how is this relevant? Yer could talk about our job. That's what yer need done, :sadnew:so I'd say it's more important."

Q7unWqc.png

"Because we've hired you to do something important, and maybe I'm just old and senile, but I damn well expect you to respect your own bodies. I didn't surive being a soldier for eight centuries by not catching up on my sleep."

It occurs to Sarge that Fydelle had been a soldier for atleast 10 times as long as he has.

"Perhaps I'll be able to arrange you quarters for a quick rest soon. But for now... Solon's meeting should be done by now. And if it isn't those politicians are going to have to wait half an hour before they can sort out their affairs."

Following Fydelle's signal, the party follows him through the stronghold, going through winding corridors of stone. Stepping past a variety of offices and Proggs at work, they eventually reach a spiral staircase, coiling up to the Stronghold's top floor. Stepping through a rather mundane door marked with the word "Solon", the party steps into the lair of the Progg's leader.

hYb3D6T.png

...Or, the leader's office, to be more precise.

The office was fairly typical, but had some eccentric decorations: color coded books neatly arranged on shelves, twin waterfalls falnking the room's sides. A piece of mythril sits in a glass case, a plaque next to it.

However, the Progg owning the office was anything but typical.

Even for a race of somehwat odd creatures, Solon looked downright lethal, bearing semblance to the members of the Gladius Unit. However, despite his intimidating appearance, he seemed to have atleast a positive disposition. He speaks earnestly, but also tiredly - it seems like various political meetings had worn him out. Fydelle seems to notice this, as well.

26YZ5ec.png

"Ah, heroes. I apologize for the hold-up... You arrived early, and not to mention those bloody meetings..."

Q7unWqc.png

"I just got done with grilling the heroes about sleep, Solon, and here you are, worn out from listening to six hours of political droning."

26YZ5ec.png

"You can hardly blame me, can you, old friend?"

Q7unWqc.png

"Hah. Not really, no."

26YZ5ec.png

"Good to see we're on the same page then, Fydelle.

So, heroes, I'm hoping you enjoyed your quick little tour through the colony. Ready for your full briefing? I warn you, this mission will involve you splitting up..."

Edited by Endgame

"Indeed, I am quite anxious and prepared for this quest! When it comes to splitting up, I would gladly do so with Sarge, or any of the other members of this group. I will be prepared for anything" Let's go!

"Splitting up? Perfect! :grin:" Sarge eyes Elgar with a nasty look. "It'd be an honour to go with you too Miss Erdy. :blush: " Sarge pauses and turns to Fydelle "Sorry mate. Didn't know yer was a veteran." Sarge salutes Fydelle and Solon. "Sir."

Edited by Pyrovisionary

26YZ5ec.png

"Very well then, here is the gist:

As you probably now by now, we are having two main problems: Human riots and construction problems.

When splitting up, you'll want to consider that the riot will not also likely break out into a fight, but they will likely outnumber you. Despite this, I still think a 2 and 3 split would be best - lone wolves don't fare too well in this world.

On the riot side of things, the opposing forces are being led by Jetorix, a war veteran of some sort - not to mention racist person in general. He, and along with one of his concubines - Yes, apparently he has multiple - are leading the daily riots - appear at 5 PM almost everyday. For reference's sake, it is currently about 6 AM."

Q7unWqc.png

"If you feel like getting those bags out from under your eyes, you can take a quick rest and leave the stronghold together when riot time begins to roll around. The population is getting a bit restless with you folks around here - it may be for the best if you stop wandering around our colony for tourism."

26YZ5ec.png

"It doesn't bode well for when we try to open our gates to the entire species..." Solon mumbles.

"Anyway, on the construction side of things. We've been suffering all types of misfortune done there - sabatoge with the equipment, spontaneous cave ins, or hell, even some of the sites and their workers just flat out exploding. We had our demolition expert -"

Q7unWqc.png

"- To use the term loosely."

Solon gives Fydelle a glance and continues.

26YZ5ec.png

"He got himself caught down there some how, so look out for him.

Any questions?"

"Sarge, I think me and you combined could handle the Rioting. Elgar, Em, and Jeaux, do you think you can handle the difficulties in the construction site?"

26YZ5ec.png

"In terms of party leaders: whether or not you're split up or together, you can decide your party leaders.

Remember, Miss..."

Solon glances down at some paperwork.

"...Erdacath, you're trying to stop a riot. Strength in numbers."

Edited by Endgame

"Sarge, I think me and you combined could handle the Rioting. Elgar, Em, and Jeaux, do you think you can handle the difficulties in the construction site?"

Sarge nods. "Fighting's more of me thing."

"That sounds like a plan, though you may want to try and keep Sarge quiet, so as not to antagonize the rioters any further."

"Don't worry Jeaux, Miss Erdathcath can do the talking."

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"Don't worry Jeaux, Miss Erdathcath can do the talking."

"Indeed, that is definitely more of my speed."

"In terms of party leaders: whether or not you're split up or together, you can decide your party leaders.

Remember, Miss..."

Solon glances down at some paperwork.

"...Erdacath, you're trying to stop a riot. Strength in numbers."

"Hmm, perhaps we should take Em with us, just for safety's sake."

"Tactical," Em repeats with a grin, nodding. "That's one way to put it. These riots-- does Jetorix lead them himself?"

26YZ5ec.png

"Yes, he does. He not only leads them, but organizes them as well. Apparently he is a former dragoon - after his dragon was shot down by arabalesters, he personally went over hacked off the opposing general's head - or so he says. Given the fact that he has managed to slaughter both of the diplomats that we sent, as well as their bodyguards, I'm willing to believe it, unfortunately.

No matter how much of a war hero is - he's a bigot nonetheless, and has to be dealt with accordingly."

Q7unWqc.png

"Are you people ready to take a quick rest before you set out?"