Sign in to follow this  
Heppeng

MOD: Combined Station: 7937+2150+7937+++

I wanted a decent sized station for my proposed railway, but I also wanted it for a budget price, and therefore combining existing sets where possible.

The following consists of 2 x 7937 - bought new for £25 each including p+p, but without taxi or track, a bricklinked 2150 without platform, doors, minifigs and vehicles etc came in at just over £30 I think, although I used some of my existing lego where possible, and four of the platforms from 7938, which cost a total of £15 including postage (and minifigures)

All combined it looks something like this:

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

I think the 2150 goes rather well with the more modern 7937, although I have swapped the latters blue seats for yellow to match. I also want to extend the near platform to the same length as the far one, but I don't think I want any more from set 7938 as I already seem to have a bit of an over provision of yellow route maps!

Edited by Heppeng

Cheers! The reason I am keeping the near platform relatively clear, is that I have future plans about adding an extra track on this side of the platform making it an island, which consequently will have no room for buildings. Hopefully the minifigs won't mind too much having to cross the bridge to use the facilities! I have also repositioned the ticket machines in a slightly less precarious position between the buildings! The 2150 has a very high level of detail for its time and I am tempted to 'modularise' it by bricklinking another to place back to back to make a complete building. Although it is a bit smaller in comparison to the other modular, in time there will be a road between them so it should not be too noticeable.

Hey! I have been working on something like that, a 2x7937 plus a 2150 plus a 4556 to close the 2150 at the back. It will include also a 4555 (cargo station), and a pair of sheds, all in red. It is on my table, I will take some pictures. I was thinking about a roof for the platform. I am also busy melting a 4554 and a more modern yellow one.

I like your upper passage!

Cheers, this is my first post!

PS

i5n.gif

m3s.gif

Edited by midelburgo

I remember that station coming out long time ago - I begged my parents if I can get it. I really like how you combined the sets to make it one station. Nice work.