just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Swedish shop "brixit" uses a new banner showing the movie versions of Raphael and Shredder: http://shop.brixit.se/

...well, at least partially :tongue: Is it just me or does Shredder have the same face as Lex Luthor? I hope not, that one doesn't look much like William Fichtner :hmpf_bad:

It looks like it is.

Okay, I had thought that the Raphael minifigure looked good, but that face is absolutely horrible to look at. Not that it's LEGO's fault though; that's what the movie designers went for, for whatever reason. I'm sure it will look better in the movie though; it probably just doesn't translate into LEGO very well.

Yeah, it's an eyesore compared to Shredder (or really any other minifig from the TMNT line).

Okay, I had thought that the Raphael minifigure looked good, but that face is absolutely horrible to look at. Not that it's LEGO's fault though; that's what the movie designers went for, for whatever reason. I'm sure it will look better in the movie though; it probably just doesn't translate into LEGO very well.

i personally love their look reminds me ot OOTS game and looks more turtle like to me, and he look agressive and i think it looks great i love the detailed "cartoonish" style printing on his torso and legs. I cant wait for the new shell with ability to add and attach items like a scabbard which is great i with they could do that with the nick line.

Only detail missing is toes really and I think those would look pointless on the minifigures, that's one thing the movie turtles have over the Nick ones they have 2 toes and the same feet we've had forever. Whereas the nick turtles have blobs with cutouts in them which I have mixed feelings about.

What is with Raphael's mouth? Why is it orange? Did they change its color so it would match the color of the banner and make it look open? If so, what is its normal color? It's so bizarre.

Edited by montyofmusic

What is with Raphael's mouth? Why is it orange? Did they change its color so it would match the color of the banner and make it look open? If so, what is its normal color? It's so bizarre.

it because its a cgi version of the lego figure (Notice his legs are curved and bent) His mouth is supposed to be open like hes yelling or growling

I'll be honest and say that the mouth thing confused me at first as well, and was part of my issue with the Raphael design before I noticed that the mouth was actually open rather than being orange. That certainly makes the face not look as bad, but I'm still not convinced that it has been translated very well into LEGO.

The mouth is not "open" it it open in the sense that you see the WHITE teeth inside. When they got the pictures they removed the white background of the render to put it into their own orange background, when they selected the white to remove the, computer included the white in the mouth for obvious reasons, And it ended up being cut out with the rest of the background.

33e7y54.jpg

The reason the minifigres looks bad is because of the eyes, In the movie they got very human eyes, but lego made the eyes very different to how lego does human eyes.

Here is a photoshop to show you what they look like with normal human eyes. Much better in my opinion.

11rxi77.png

Edited by deskp

To be honest, the eyes make little difference for me. Neither set of eyes looks that great on the Raphael minifigure, though I do prefer the normal eyes to the ones on the official minifigure. At any rate, I'm just glad that these minifigures maintain a high degree of accuracy to what we will be seeing in the film (or so we can assume at least). Let's hope we see more of the other minifigures soon as well.

*snip*

The reason the minifigres looks bad is because of the eyes, In the movie they got very human eyes, but lego made the eyes very different to how lego does human eyes.

Here is a photoshop to show you what they look like with normal human eyes. Much better in my opinion.

I think that the bigger problem with the figure is the printed nose. :classic:

Edited by Super Fish Oil

They look better with their current eyes. Dot eyes looks... weird.

I completely disagree, They look like clone wars or frends characters as they are, In the movie they are suppseod to be more grounded and part of the real live action world, not some cartoon.

Lego isn't following their own set stardards and it's ducked up.

I completely disagree, They look like clone wars or frends characters as they are, In the movie they are suppseod to be more grounded and part of the real live action world, not some cartoon.

Wow, I didn't think you could bypass the filter.

It's my opinion, so :tongue:

-Sci

To be honest, the eyes make little difference for me. Neither set of eyes looks that great on the Raphael minifigure, though I do prefer the normal eyes to the ones on the official minifigure. At any rate, I'm just glad that these minifigures maintain a high degree of accuracy to what we will be seeing in the film (or so we can assume at least). Let's hope we see more of the other minifigures soon as well.

Agreed I dont think the eyes are an issue i think they look way better with full prented eyes I mean the curent turtles dont have dot eyes do they and they look great. I love the detail as well and yet its still "stylized" they way lego does is great.

I think that the bigger problem with the figure is the printed nose. :classic:

I really dont see the problem with noses i mean tmnt have had noses before in comics, and most recently the OOTS video game and they're prfectly fine.

They look better with their current eyes. Dot eyes looks... weird.

-Sci

Agreed

And yet the current TMNT lego sets dont have dot eyes there colored and "detailed"

I think the movie minifigs are pretty cool, weird eyes or not. :wink:

Same here i cant wait to get my hands on them

ALSO

So i was talking about this over on the TMNT forum Technodrome

But wouldn't it be cool if lego started making troop builder set for TMNT

ALA

Krang and Foot ninja (with different ranks and printing)

Similar to what they have done with starwars or the knights and pirates themes

Edited by samxsteal

That mouth is not going to be on any minifigures so calm down, raphael will have;a closed mouth in set 79115 displaying his 'beak', and in set 79116 growling face displaying his teeth much like the Raphael s from the first wave

And yet the current TMNT lego sets dont have dot eyes there colored and "detailed"

Wich are from an animated series that comes off as an anime-type style. They are not suppsod to be realistic and grounded. That said i don't think those figures look great either.

ALso, it's less noticable on those cause the white fill in the entire mask holes and the black dots are bigger.

I think the movie minifigs are pretty cool, weird eyes or not. :wink:

Yea, I agree with you. I think they are the best TMNT minifigures we have gotten so far. :grin:

Wich are from an animated series that comes off as an anime-type style. They are not suppsod to be realistic and grounded. That said i don't think those figures look great either.

ALso, it's less noticable on those cause the white fill in the entire mask holes and the black dots are bigger.

IDK i guess I just think it works it not overly cartoonie like Clone wars were there just more detailed i think that a good thing because each turtle has different colored eyes

^

I'll admit that the first image I saw of the new version of Shredder instantly made me think of a cyborg, but when it look as brilliant as it does I cannot really complain too much about it. People can complain about the design of the Turtles for as long as they like for all I care, but I fail t see what issues people could have with the armour of the new Shredder.

Agreed I dont think the eyes are an issue i think they look way better with full prented eyes I mean the curent turtles dont have dot eyes do they and they look great. I love the detail as well and yet its still "stylized" they way lego does is great.

I really dont see the problem with noses i mean tmnt have had noses before in comics, and most recently the OOTS video game and they're prfectly fine.

I think that printed noses just look bad in 9/10 cases. Besides, pretty much every licensed character LEGO has produced, aside from the odd alien or monster, have noses in the movies/books/cartoons/video games/etc. that they appear in, but they still don't make an effort to print it on the head. The turtles are the odd ones here. :sceptic:

But in CM4S' wise words, "It's my opinion, so :tongue:"

Edited by Super Fish Oil

I think that printed noses just look bad in 9/10 cases. Besides, pretty much every licensed character LEGO has produced, aside from the odd alien or monster, have noses in the movies/books/cartoons/video games/etc. that they appear in, but they still don't make an effort to print it on the head. The turtles are the odd ones here. :sceptic:

But in CM4S' wise words, "It's my opinion, so :tongue:"

true but look at character were it is a promant feature Voldimort and the aliens it something that sets them apart. its like a key feature.

IMO i love the noses i like OOTS for ading them turtles have noses and ive kind of always thought they should be on more versions of the turtles

Wouldn't it be cool if lego started making troop builder set for TMNT

ALA

Krang and Foot ninja (with different ranks and printing)

Similar to what they have done with starwars or the knights and pirates themes

I can't see them doing it, but that is a good idea — one I hadn't considered before. I'd definitely want the Kraang represented in their robotic forms and be equipped with functional blasters. Not sure how the reverse would work for the ninjas since they're more melee-focused in combat, but I suppose interactive components aren't essential.