Rufus

Contest Contest: Pimp My Camper! Discussion Thread

I am going to make a suggestion for the judges to consider. First I'll qualify this by stating that I only entered one entry so the following will not apply to me. I suggest that one of the prizes/awards go to the builder with the most total combined votes. not to be confused with the most popular single entry. Some builders have been busy building multiple entries. Although one of these builders' entries may win or place as a finalist, it is possible that one of these builders may garner more total votes for all their entries combined vs the winning entry. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for your patience. Indexing almost 180 entries is taking a long time.

I estimate 24-48 hours for the voting thread to be ready.

Thanks for all your work, this has been an excellent contest!

I am going to make a suggestion for the judges to consider. First I'll qualify this by stating that I only entered one entry so the following will not apply to me. I suggest that one of the prizes/awards go to the builder with the most total combined votes. not to be confused with the most popular single entry. Some builders have been busy building multiple entries. Although one of these builders' entries may win or place as a finalist, it is possible that one of these builders may garner more total votes for all their entries combined vs the winning entry. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, we are shying away from this sort of thing as it could encourage vote-rigging, and we are keen to promote voting according to the quality of the builds rather than who the builder is. As such, there will be a limit on the number of votes any member can cast for one entrant.

This is the first time (as far as I know) that an EB contest has allowed multiple entries per member, and will act as a test case for similar contests in future. We will certainly give special recognition to whoever garners the most votes overall, but I don't think a prize with a monetary value will be offered. Thanks for understanding.

Should I have all of my votes in one post?

(BTW my 200th post! :classic:)

Edited by Lego Spy

Does the restriction blocking members who joined after the contest start date also apply to contest participants? I didn't create a membership until September (so I could enter the contest), even though I have been following EB for a number of months now. I get it if that means I shouldn't vote (my fault for being slow to act!), I just want to know.

Thanks!

Edited by rodiziorobs

Does the restriction blocking members who joined after the contest start date also apply to contest participants? I didn't create a membership until September (so I could enter the contest), even though I have been following EB for a number of months now. I get it if that means I shouldn't vote (my fault for being slow to act!), I just want to know.

Thanks!

Like rodiziorobs brought up, it seems a bit unfair to deny participants the ability to vote if they signed up after the start of the contest (if this indeed the case). It make sense for other people not to be able to vote, beacuse someone could just make many accounts and keep voting. If we submitted entries then we should be able to support our fellow builders and vote for their mocs, especially since we can not vote for our own entries.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry WachutuChief but I have to agree with these rules here. They've been the same in all EB contests forever. Else there is a chance people would create clone accounts submiting some rushed entry and then vote for their original account. That would result unfair voting as well as numerous useless dummy accounts ... Everyone had this problem only once. Now that you've registered it'll never happen to you again in any future contests!

Should I have all of my votes in one post?

Yes please. :thumbup:

Like rodiziorobs brought up, it seems a bit unfair to deny participants the ability to vote if they signed up after the start of the contest (if this indeed the case). It make sense for other people not to be able to vote, beacuse someone could just make many accounts and keep voting. If we submitted entries then we should be able to support our fellow builders and vote for their mocs, especially since we can not vote for our own entries.

Sorry WachutuChief but I have to agree with these rules here. They've been the same in all EB contests forever. Else there is a chance people would create clone accounts submiting some rushed entry and then vote for their original account. That would result unfair voting as well as numerous useless dummy accounts ... Everyone had this problem only once. Now that you've registered it'll never happen to you again in any future contests!

Rodiziorobs, WachutuChief, sorry but MstrOfPppts is right - this has always been the rule on EB and the danger of vote rigging is the reason. Thanks for understanding.

Hey, no problem for me. Like I said, its my own fault for not signing up months ago when I had the chance. I totally understand the need for fairness, otherwise a fun contest like this becomes cheap when someone ruins it for everyone by cheating.

Now I'll just watch the voting as an observer--besides, I still would have found it impossible to narrow down my votes among such great entries.

Vote or no vote, thanks for the awesome contest!

Alas, I didn't have time to build my 'Flying DutchVan' (to counter Wachutu Chief's Black pearl :laugh: )

I still haven't checked out all of the entries yet, the extended deadline for voting is most appreciated :thumbup: .

I know that the rules mention that there will be no title changes to the indexed entries, but what about picture changes?

The picture used for my entry (98 Sharkbus) does not reflect the theme of the mock, which was a SharkNado. If possible,

could the picture please be changed to the one that is posted with the sharkbus in the tornado, as was the whole point of

the moc.

Lets be honest here, most of the people voting are not going to click on every index and look at all of the other pictures

relevant to the moc. They will only vote by what they see upfront. For this reason, I feel that a picture change is warranted,

since the picture does not reflect the theme I am going for.

If not, then oh well I guess..

Alas, I didn't have time to build my 'Flying DutchVan' (to counter Wachutu Chief's Black pearl :laugh: )

I still haven't checked out all of the entries yet, the extended deadline for voting is most appreciated :thumbup: .

Haha that would have been cool!

I know that the rules mention that there will be no title changes to the indexed entries, but what about picture changes?

The picture used for my entry (98 Sharkbus) does not reflect the theme of the mock, which was a SharkNado. If possible,

could the picture please be changed to the one that is posted with the sharkbus in the tornado, as was the whole point of

the moc.

Lets be honest here, most of the people voting are not going to click on every index and look at all of the other pictures

relevant to the moc. They will only vote by what they see upfront. For this reason, I feel that a picture change is warranted,

since the picture does not reflect the theme I am going for.

If not, then oh well I guess..

Sorry for the late reply. I chose the pictures in each case in order best to show the camper, and thus provide a level playing field. In any case, if I change one I'd have to change it for everyone who requests it, and it is incredibly time-consuming. So it's a no, I'm afraid.

I'm extending the voting dealine to tomorrow - 3 November 1200 GMT.

Voting is now closed. I will tally the results over the next two days and post the results as soon as possible.

Votes are counted and checked! Just waiting for the vote raffle to be drawn, then I'll make a thread to announce the winners.