I moved the yellow pin connector on to the black one- and I left the blue one just open- that worked fine- you will have a stable connection later on to a liftarm!!

Next problem one of my IR RX does not work anymore on chanel 4- all other channels working fine- is there a "history" to those kind of malfunctions with the IR ? (V1)

Next: I can not get the boom- while it is completely down (horizontal- hitting the cabin) connected to those technic cam 6575, with the LA's completely retracted (I mean the opposite of extended)...

Beside that: GREAT build Jurgen!!!

Edited by lcaa

Is it (the yellow connector) necessary there at all?

The yellow 13 stud beam is connected to it but there is on the side also another grey pin holding it together so you might be able to remove the yellow connector.

Hi!

Regarding the boom: in the instructions page 372, 363, you can see, that the axle which goes through the cams is actually NOT connected...I have tried to align the cams with the LA's, but the cams (when horizontal position- like on the picture), they will hit the housing of the LA's.

EDIT:

you can disregard all that- I have a solution for that: I just elevated the resting position of the boom with 2 liftarms.

Now I am happy:-))

Edited by lcaa

I was not able to have the cams in the same position as in the instructions. I have them connected as follows (see picture).

20140510_143201_zps1ceae4df.jpg

Thanks ember for your picture from yesterday with damage gear and also for that smart solution with the cams!

The only small disadvantage is, that you loose some angle when lifting the boom- how much I dont know...looks like 10 to 20%...?

In the low setting is it 41.5 cm and in the high setting it is 55 cm measured from the gray wheel on top of the boom.

Might be able to tweak it a little to use a different hole in the cam itself.

Low

20140510_153929_zps4b0f3bf6.jpg

High

20140510_154000_zps91df9845.jpg

Hello! Special thanks to Jurgen for his model - I once collected a standard set immediately thought that it lacks remote control =)

Now I'm starting to build 42009 ultimate and I have some questions =)

On page 119 in the instruction set of the 3 motor - what color is responsible for what? I have a servo motor - whether it can be used to turn the wheels? Can I replace the M-motors are used in the assembly of Jurgen on L-motors of 9398 set? Does this change anything?

Hello! Special thanks to Jurgen for his model - I once collected a standard set immediately thought that it lacks remote control =)

Now I'm starting to build 42009 ultimate and I have some questions =)

On page 119 in the instruction set of the 3 motor - what color is responsible for what? I have a servo motor - whether it can be used to turn the wheels? Can I replace the M-motors are used in the assembly of Jurgen on L-motors of 9398 set? Does this change anything?

I would recommend using the medium motors instead of the large or servo. There is not a lot of room and most likely only the medium motors will fit without customization.

Just as I did with the 8043 Motorized Excavator, I made a fully remote controlled and improved version of the 42009 Mobile Crane Mk II set.

All the essential functions of the crane were motorized, which are:

• Driving (1x XL-motor)
  • Steering (1x M-motor)
  • Outriggers (1x M-motor)
  • Outrigger-legs (1x M-motor)
  • Lifting/lowering boom (1x L-motor)
  • Extending/retracting boom (1x L-motor)
  • Lifting/lowering hook (1x M-motor)
  • Upperstructure 360+ degree rotation (1x M-motor)

Funtions that were improved:

1. Boom extends further. Max boom-length 96 studs
  2. Boom retractrs further
  3. Better steering-lock
  4. Solid metal hook
  5. Increased lifting power
  6. Faster outriggers
  7. More efficient drivetrains

Building instructions

Full building instructions are available as free download. And there are 2 different parts-lists: 1 for the complete model and 1 that only contains the extra parts needed bedises a standard 42009. Go to the Instructions page on www.jurgenstechniccorner.com to download them

All remarks and questions about this MOD and the instructions can be posted here.

Enjoy the video:

Juurgen would you consider building an Ultimate 42008?

My outrigger legs don't work. I have the M motor hooked up, but it doesn't do anything. I'm at about step 151. Any advice on fixing this?

I don't think there's any way to help without some more information or some pictures.

He has one of the 12 tooth bevel gears on the top of one of the outrigger modules the wrong way. Where it connects to all the axles with the 8 tooth gears through one of those pin connector things that holds gears at a right angle.

He has one of the 12 tooth bevel gears on the top of one of the outrigger modules the wrong way. Where it connects to all the axles with the 8 tooth gears through one of those pin connector things that holds gears at a right angle.

My outriggers work. I've realized there's no need to extend the outriggers before raising/lowering them :laugh:

Hi :-)

Bringing this back to top again. Bought the original 42009 - and is seriously thinking about building the ultimate 42009.

Question:

Is afol's extended boom included in the extra parts list of Jurgens ultimate 42009?

Sorry if this has been answered before..

Thanks,

-Morten

Followup question, tho..

Is there an "extra-parts" list for the boom - just as Jurgen did with his instructions, so that I don't buy a lot of extra parts (in which I don't need right now)

Thanks again,

Morten

Just following up on Mobruu's question....is there a parts list for Afol's extended boom. I'm having a hard time finding and ensuring i've accurately got all the correct part numbers from the AFOL's boom instructions based solely on the pictures. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Steph

Hi Guys!

I'm a newbie at Eurobricks forum. I hope you can help me a bit. I started to build this great set 4 days ago. Now I'm a bit stucked at page 87 when I need to attach the second outrigger platform to the back. After I attach the moving of the outriggers is blocked. I checked THE SITUATION and found out that that the outriggers mechanism is blocked by steering mechanism. I checked everything twice but without any reason.

Could you give me some idea where to find the problem?

Edited by Thomas80

Hi Guys!

I'm a newbie at Eurobricks forum. I hope you can help me a bit. I started to build this great set 4 days ago. Now I'm a bit stucked at page 87 when I need to attach the second outrigger platform to the back. After I attach the moving of the outriggers is blocked. I checked THE SITUATION and found out that that the outriggers mechanism is blocked by steering mechanism. I checked everything twice but without any reason.

Could you give me some idea where to find the problem?

Welcome to Eurobricks! I dont understand but if you post pictures then I will be able to help.

Just following up on Mobruu's question....is there a parts list for Afol's extended boom. I'm having a hard time finding and ensuring i've accurately got all the correct part numbers from the AFOL's boom instructions based solely on the pictures. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Steph

As making instructions take a lot of work/time, I do not spend extra work on creating a .bsx file. The part list in the instructions should be accurate, and I think it must be easy enough to find out from the pictures which parts you have/you don't have. I never had problems to find out what additional parts I have to buy.

Greetings

Alex

Welcome to Eurobricks! I dont understand but if you post pictures then I will be able to help.

Hi!

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope these pictures will be ok.

1jalm1s16v07jgw4jiyd.jpg

ewt1zt01n7bj5a9nxu.jpg

Hi!

Could you help me? :D