squizz

I've got a big problem....but i like it....

Hi all, as i've said i have a big problem.....but its a great one. In essence i have a backlog of sets and builds going on due to moving and doing some renovations, and the major reason is not having much space to build or display any of my collection. Here is the list of " brand new in box " yet to be started technic and other sets...10220 vw kombi, 10226 sopwith camel plane, 7632x 3 city crawler crane, 60018 city cement truck...Technic sets include 9398 crawler, 9396 helicopter, 42000 grand prix racer, 9397 logging truck, 42006 x 3 grabber excavator, 8053 mobile crane, 8043 excavator( with extra parts for ultimate build ), 42009 mobile crane (and collecting parts for this ultimate mod too) and finally 41999 Boss arrived the other day to complete the list of to-be-built stuff....wow....just typing this is making me exhausted and stoked at the same time. Now as well as all that..."on the go at the present time", is a finally completed 8421 Han XL mobile crane..really just some cosmetic extras to finish this. Half finished Han heavy hauler (waitng on a bricklink parts order) and finally what has been my biggest effort yet, a converted Han 10 x 4 tipper truck...making it into a PF twin steer tri-drive tipper towing a tri axle dolly converter with a B-double trailer combination and another tri-axle dolly converter towing a tri-axle tipper trialer....i have all the trailer upper bins or boddies made and ready. The two tri-axle dolly converters are made and the truck is presently beind remade into the tri drive so it can pull this heavy load with 2 x XL pf motors.Then i have to design all the trailer chasis's to hold the pf gear and linier actuaters for the tipping of the dump beds. This truck and trailer combination is "my version " of some of this type of combinations they run over in Western Australia to haul mineral sands from the mines to the ports to export. So to sum it up, i do have a really big problem, but a problem i'm really happy to have and the new lego room i'm building in my upstairs loft will be fantastic to work on all this stuff once i finish it really soon....cheers Pete. I'd really like to show some photos...but being a caveman with computers i am unable to workout how to add photos to my posts..once again cheers to everyone and thanks to you all for all the insperation, ideas and help this forum gives .

:laugh: He's a caveman with a computer, that's the problem !! :laugh:

Good luck with the " road train " mate !!

I've got a similar problem. Only got time to build the 42009 Mobile Crane yesterday. Just after finishing, testing it and so forth, my dad invited me to dinner just up the street, so I didn't get time to clear up the mess of extra parts and instructions floating around. Today I had planned on building the, IMO "proper" crawler(41999), but I have to pop by my sister to get some stuff from her. SO that's pretty much my weekend of building. I'll probably wait another week before I build the Crawler, since I don't want to break it up in multiple sessions. /rant

Hm... I almost never find time to build, so I decided to take it !! I build the models at work, and MOC about at home, I'm working on a larger than usual model, so that takes a lot of time planning and moc-up building., Now after 1 month of building, I finished the basic wheel design, only taking a half hour every day or so. Slow, but steady :laugh: i'm getting there !!

I build the models at work,

Your boss allows you to build Technic sets at work? Where is this heaven? :laugh: