Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just got this info from my nearest store:

Yes, we have the City Arctic theme in our store, and we have them all in stock :)

The prices are as follows:

60032 - £4.99

60033 - £9.99

60034 - £24.99

60035 - £34.99

60036 - £69.99

60062 - £79.99

The other set with the plane is 60064 Arctic Supply Plane and it is £49.99.

Thanks for that info on the plane! Do you know when the icebreaker and plane are coming out?

Thanks for that info on the plane! Do you know when the icebreaker and plane are coming out?

Hi. The whole Arctic theme is now out in UK lego stores.

Anyone picked up any of the Arctic sets yet? Or seen them anywhere other than lego stores?

Anyone picked up any of the Arctic sets yet? Or seen them anywhere other than lego stores?

I picked up one, because a Toys"R"Us near me had some. I got the Ice Crawler.

14152746055_92cd386446.jpg

14149407531_5b28c5e124.jpg

13966072569_d4f0f9a839.jpg

14149893112_a07044b59a.jpg

Overall, it's a cute set! The build is very sturdy and fun, and the minifigure, while it does have some common printing on it, it is the cheapest way to get the face print.

The only way I'll buy one of those Arctic crawler trucks is for me to convert it into a construction vehicle.

I must be the only one here who isn't into this new subtheme. :blush:

"Max 2T" = Maximum weight capacity = 2 tons. Just to answer the question in the review.

I'm definitely excited for the arctic line, but this small set looks like a slightly underwhelming build...

Make that two. ;)

Got the base and mobile HQ at TRU today. I'll build them tonight and let you guys know how they are.

The only way I'll buy one of those Arctic crawler trucks is for me to convert it into a construction vehicle.

That's actually a really good idea. :grin:

I got the Train Station set too, it's actually a really good set for fans of civilian City sets! I don't even own a Town/City train... yet. :grin:

I made a little video review of it here:

And here's some pics of the set:

14152646132_7e6c701ca4.jpg

14155472315_8ab32d321e.jpg

14155605534_7ac1e1236e.jpg

14175528913_377bd158f3.jpg

13968819110_f7e716ca0b.jpg

14155469045_6f5b403dc0.jpg

Congrats on your milestone!

Interesting looking set, with the taxi and the storefronts. Not for me, though -- the cost is much too high.

Congrats on your milestone!

Interesting looking set, with the taxi and the storefronts. Not for me, though -- the cost is much too high.

Thanks! The price is pretty crazy. I wish it was $50.

That really would be more reasonable, especially since it doesn't include a train.

Got the base and mobile HQ at TRU today. I'll build them tonight and let you guys know how they are.

If you don't mind me asking, how many bags and instructions books are in each of those sets? Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, how many bags and instructions books are in each of those sets? Thanks.

Eight bags and five books (Packaged with cardboard!) for the base and four bags and two books for the mobile HQ. Getting started on the mobile HQ now.

Make that three.

I'll only buy the helicrane, and convert it into a normal helicopter.

Four :laugh:

I like the dog sled, and would want to have it for my winter village. But otherwise, I don't care for the theme at all.

Finished both the base and mobile HQ. Holy crap, you guys. They are glorious. Granted, I was a huge fan of the original Arctic theme, so I am a bit biased, but these are just amazing. Go get them now. BTW, the mobile HQ cannot connect to the base in any way.

I guess the Arctic theme is one of those you either love or not, as its pretty different to the normal city themes seeing as its been so long since the origanl Arctic theme. Im a fan of it and can't get enough white bricks and plates to build a scene set but its good that some of these Arctic tracked vehicles can be converted/moded into other vehicles for construction, farming etc

Eight bags and five books (Packaged with cardboard!) for the base and four bags and two books for the mobile HQ. Getting started on the mobile HQ now.

Thanks. :classic:

Finished both the base and mobile HQ. Holy crap, you guys. They are glorious. Granted, I was a huge fan of the original Arctic theme, so I am a bit biased, but these are just amazing. Go get them now. BTW, the mobile HQ cannot connect to the base in any way.

Hi 'Echo'

How many minifigs come with that 'Base Camp'?

I would guess that the scientist's 'Lab Module' that comes with the Ice Breaker could fit with the Base Camp 'Modules' as they look pretty similar in style!