Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Remember you do get three minifigs, one being a female crook and a new torso police officer......so not to bad a price....they are 19 bucks here in Oz. :wink:

I forgot about the female crook too! Thank you LT :sweet:!

(I also feel sorry that the set set is $19 bucks in Oz, :look:)

Edited by Toby Adams

It plane set there is a new mold for old steel detector. No stud :(

The metal detector without stud isn't new, it appeared in a limited-release police accessory set a while back.

The metal detector without stud isn't new, it appeared in a limited-release police accessory set a while back.

I think that was only last year that police minifig pack. :wink:

Remember you do get three minifigs, one being a female crook and a new torso police officer......so not to bad a price....they are 19 bucks here in Oz. :wink:

They're 20 bucks HERE!

They're 20 bucks HERE!

Even worse :cry_sad:

EDIT: Has anyone seen the polybags around? I saw one but i passed on it which is very odd for me :wacko:

Edited by Toby Adams

Just got the Light Repair Truck and the Prison Transporter. I love the LRT as it is compact and cute, they fitted so much into a so small set. The PT is great and I really like the 'brakeout' function. I really would recomend them both.

Thanks anyway but I even have that catalogue stored on my laptop. :wink:

I need to throw my feelers out there to discover if the 2nd half city sets make their first appearance usually it's in Oz in June to a selected retailer as a mid year toy sale deal.

I heard LEGO Australia has abandoned the practice of giving certain retailers "early access" to product (e.g. how Target got first access to the last run of Pirates sets a few years back or how Big W got first access to the Dino sets).

it will be interesting to see if all the second yearly sets are released in the mid year June/July Australian toy sales? Hopefully, -fingers crossed!-

I heard LEGO Australia has abandoned the practice of giving certain retailers "early access" to product (e.g. how Target got first access to the last run of Pirates sets a few years back or how Big W got first access to the Dino sets).

I'll find out in a few weeks.

Do you mean you are able to find out about the sets and the stores? :o Can I know about this information please?! Ahahahaha I am in Australia too! ^_^ !

According to brickset, next years city wave will be based on london metropolitan police, they also mentioned about sets based on different global locations and natural disasters.

According to brickset, next years city wave will be based on london metropolitan police, they also mentioned about sets based on different global locations and natural disasters.

someones foolin ya

April fools!

Edited by amazingbricks

Aw, we could do our own version of 'The Bill' ! :laugh:

You gotta love April Fools eh ? :laugh:

You should see brickset! Those articles are ridiculous...

Oh, you bet......how about we take the ideas and start MOCing them.........a shredding truck.....oh, so awesome ! :laugh:

Apparently Huw sold out to Mattel..

If memory serves me correct we saw that from the pictures from NYTF.

My gut feeling is Lego wants to head down this path of distancing there themes from actual city locations......then maybe it should be renamed.......Lego A&E......real life Lego ? :laugh:

I just received a copy of LEGO Magazine for May-June 2014, and one of the pictures features a new LEGO City subtheme called Arctic (or something like that). The picture showed a LEGO dog sled with LEGO huskies. I love huskies and would like to get that set. Does anyone know what set that is (name, set number, etc.)?

Thanks.