Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think i'll skip the base camp for the icebreaker and the outpost. Probably will get the helicrane to convert to a regular helicopter as well.

Oh and the cargo plane ,too.

Hi 'Echo'

How many minifigs come with that 'Base Camp'?

I would guess that the scientist's 'Lab Module' that comes with the Ice Breaker could fit with the Base Camp 'Modules' as they look pretty similar in style!

[seven. And I also assume that the module from the icebreaker is meant to attach to the base. The door on the base does not have a ladder or steps leading to it, so the base is actually inaccessible except by the conveyer belt, so the module from the icebreaker is in fact necessary to provide a real entrance.

Echo, are you able to take a few pictures of the two sets?

Here is a general overview. Just let me know what you specifically wish to see and I'll take some more pictures.

flF0ntf.jpg

[seven. And I also assume that the module from the icebreaker is meant to attach to the base. The door on the base does not have a ladder or steps leading to it, so the base is actually inaccessible except by the conveyer belt, so the module from the icebreaker is in fact necessary to provide a real entrance.

Here is a general overview. Just let me know what you specifically wish to see and I'll take some more pictures.

Cheers for the minifig count. The reason that I asked is as the Early Box art showed 8 mini figs!

It's a bit strange that they didn't provide a set of steps for the base station. Not many will be able to afford both base camp and Ice Breaker. Would mean access to Base Camp module is via the openable ramp. Even if Ice Breaker module was attached to Base camp there still I wound't really be a way of the workers getting onto the platform at the top of the conyeor apart from opening the side wall. A bit of modding needed I suppose!

Do you have any pics of inside the modules?

Edited by scottwb2010

Could you possibly tell me what each bag and instruction book builds? Including minifigs? I appreciate it. And a picture of the minifigs with their headgear from the camp off would be nice, if you don't mind.

Now I have a really good question.....based on this......

14155605534_7ac1e1236e.jpg

What is the location of our city that has this train station ?

Must be Europe.....no joke, but the map of rail lines and those times arrival or departure ? :look:

Oh, who cares.....no one is going to read right up close and personal with a sticker that is on the side of the station ? :tongue:

Do you have any pics of inside the modules?

Certainly.

Inside primary base area.

we7cIlr.jpg

Inside garage. Nice TV sticker as well as a nice photo sticker.

8rKqsuF.jpg

There is a small stove on the other wall of the garage.

Diyzaa4.jpg

From front with snowmobile in garage.

M35hWKJ.jpg

Inside of mobile HQ.

QvrI0et.jpg

Could you possibly tell me what each bag and instruction book builds? Including minifigs? I appreciate it. And a picture of the minifigs with their headgear from the camp off would be nice, if you don't mind.

First book is only for dog sled and snowmobile, both of which are in bag 1. Minifigs are orange goggles woman and a green goggles man.

Second bag and book are for the helicopter. Contains second green goggles man, the pilot, and the bear.

Third book is for the drill truck. The third bag contains the frame of the truck and the grinning orange goggles man. The fourth bag contains the cab of the truck and the drill arm.

Fourth book builds the primary compartment with the conveyer belt. The fifth bag contains the walls, the interior, the scientist, and the dark blue skull cap man. The large dark bley plates the base is built on are loose in the box, as is the conveyer belt, which is surprisingly one large pre-built piece.The sixth bag contains the roof, door a few tools, and the rest of what is needed to build the conveyer belt assembly.

Fifth book builds the garage. The seventh bag builds the walls and interior while the eighth and final bag builds the roof, doors, and communications array. There are no figures in these bags.

Here are the figures.

ISiF3e9.jpg

Gcd3eXb.jpg

Do you think the base camp is worth getting? Better than (I know u don't have it but) the ice breaker.

Basically how good is it?

The base is great. Honestly, the official images show it off quite well. If you think it looks good from those pictures, you'll like it. Again, I must reiterate that I am about as big a fan of the original Arctic as there is, so I am heavily biased in favor of this theme, but I would highly recommend both the base and the mobile HQ. Having said that, I do think that the icebreaker will end up being the superior set though. Nothing against the base. It is just that the ship looks outstanding.

Do any of the Arctic and Train sets contain either printed or stickered pieces with maps on them? And if so, does anyone have a picture of said maps? (I am trying to collect every map TLG has ever produced :)

Well, at least there is a female with a female torso :thumbup: .......but that TV is quite silly, twenty plus years out of date :thumbdown: and it would need a sat receiver on it......I didn't know the North Pole has Santa TV broadcasting locally ? :laugh:

Yeah, pass on the Arctic theme still for me.....maybe some vehicles to convert them to other city uses. :wink:

Well, at least there is a female with a female torso :thumbup: .......but that TV is quite silly, twenty plus years out of date :thumbdown: and it would need a sat receiver on it......I didn't know the North Pole has Santa TV broadcasting locally ? :laugh:

Yeah, pass on the Arctic theme still for me.....maybe some vehicles to convert them to other city uses. :wink:

That TV adds to the authenticity! Sometimes things are hard to come by in the Arctic. Our scientists posess great ingenuity and use what they can get their hands on, haha!!

If it wasn't for the antennae I would think the TV is actually a Microwave oven.

A microwave oven might have made more sense that an old TV......I feel it's time Lego City designers start seriously asking more questions, kids learn from Lego and they might think have tiny antenna can work in a polar ice regions.....yeah, only at microwave frequencies though it's all line of sight......sorry I can't help the TV tech in me coming out here ! :laugh:

Rabbits ear aerials only work on VHF and needs two to complete a dipole.....that on the TV is a monopole requiring a earth wire to a metal stake in the ground. :tongue:

I just say Microwave because it's the first time we have ever seen a TV without a picture on the screen.

I just say Microwave because it's the first time we have ever seen a TV without a picture on the screen.

Ah, but it has a rotary dial on it....odd since the base is all modern, having a 1970's portable TV set is just odd ! :blush:

I used to have a microwave with twin rotary dials on it. One for the timer and one for power. So the antenna is just confusing.

Just built the truck from the 60035 Arctic Outpost. This is a great little theme-- very colorful and unique in both parts and storyline. Also, this rig is HUGE!! Already knew I was going to complete the entire sub theme, and building my first set from it confirms that. Very impressed so far!

BTW, does anybody know exactly when the sets will be available at Shop@home and when the instruction manuals will be available at Lego.com? I've got kind of an order to make but I also wanted to mod the Arctic Cargo Plane, so I was wondering if I should go ahead with it or just wait a while longer...

The Ultra Agents sets will be available online as of May 25, so likely between then and June 1.

BTW, does anybody know exactly when the sets will be available at Shop@home and when the instruction manuals will be available at Lego.com? I've got kind of an order to make but I also wanted to mod the Arctic Cargo Plane, so I was wondering if I should go ahead with it or just wait a while longer...

The arctic plane most likely won't be released until July or august, with the icebreaker.

Unless the wife made a big mistake, the TRU here in Virginia has all of the artic sets except for the ship (including the plane). If she's right (she was there in person this morning), I will be picking up the ship, portable lab, and base tonight ....can't wait for the ship to make its appearance!

Unless the wife made a big mistake, the TRU here in Virginia has all of the artic sets except for the ship (including the plane). If she's right (she was there in person this morning), I will be picking up the ship, portable lab, and base tonight ....can't wait for the ship to make its appearance!

Could you take a picture of both sides of the plane box? Thanks.