Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Overall I see more positives than negatives with the images Lego released.

It would be interesting see how many people will buy the Simpson's minfig at the higher $4.00 price point.

Minimum, you have to spend $64 to get all the figures.

It is rumored that if the Simpson's run is successful, Lego may release other licensed Lego blind Minifigs.

Wiggum looks really strange without the gut.

And HOW are the heads horrible? As many people have said, normal heads would look AWFUL with prints. I've seen some, and they really are bad.

They're still way too big.

I think Smithers and Principal Skinner should have been a minifigure as well (instead of Itchy and Sratchy)!

For the people who have hate for these minifigs (because the heads are too big or it's not really mixable with other legos) be creative! For instance, they would be perfect for themeparks moc-ing, for costumeshops or cosplayfares, for making animations.

I think the heads are fine, I\m sure TLG tried out a few different sizes and this was the best rep for the show. I don't get the hate for the Simpsons theme on here really, feels like it's the only theme thread people actively go into just to complain. Lego has something for everyone, just move along.

It sounds like a lot of the hate emanates from the AFOLs who don't like the look of sculpted heads as they don't fit anywhere in the Lego minifigure universe. Then they look at what potential accessories might be worthwhile to crossover to the traditional Lego minifigures, and can't find anything worth $4 to spend, so they just hate it.

I really like that Lego stepped out of the box for this one, and I'm excited of the possibilities of MOCs people can now create in the Simpsons universe to go w/ these new minifigures.

Edited by Gooker1

I don't understand why some people compain about the price. It is a licensed theme and a lot of new molds were necessary. I think 4 $/€ is a normal price for a minifigure

I think the heads are fine, I\m sure TLG tried out a few different sizes and this was the best rep for the show. I don't get the hate for the Simpsons theme on here really, feels like it's the only theme thread people actively go into just to complain. Lego has something for everyone, just move along.

Agreed the heads look fine. The thing that surprises me the most is that these are by no means the first sculpted heads for Figures, toy story, TMNT, Spongebob ect. Even if they had standard mini figure heads, there would still be hate. I mean even on a standard head they would have cartoon eyes, and we all know how much people hate the Clone wars eyes. The heads still wouldn't be able to use else where. A lot of the hate comes from 'there's nothing for me, there for its terrible'.

Overall I see more positives than negatives with the images Lego released.

It would be interesting see how many people will buy the Simpson's minfig at the higher $4.00 price point.

Minimum, you have to spend $64 to get all the figures.

It is rumored that if the Simpson's run is successful, Lego may release other licensed Lego blind Minifigs.

Hopefully we will see Futurama then. :grin:

Hopefully we will see Futurama then. :grin:

I would so be all over Futurama figs. And I think those could mostly be standard heads, which would please those of you who don't like molded ones...

I would so be all over Futurama figs. And I think those could mostly be standard heads, which would please those of you who don't like molded ones...

I think standard heads would work for them, they are meant to be a bit more normal looking (And they all seem to have similar head shapes for the most part). Aliens and robots would still need special heads though. Truthfully I think Futurama would be a much more natural fit for Lego sets than the Simpsons, but I suppose being cancelled again makes it unlikely that would happen. Who knows, maybe if the Simpsons does well Futurama will get a chance too.

People only want regular heads to reuse pieces but theses are ment to be on display or played with the house, so would you rather have molded heads that look good or a buch of ugly figs with reusable hair, I personally think the molded heads look great.

Itchy and Scratchy are going to make some awesome (and wonderfully gory) brickfilms. I just need to work out a LEGO intestine.

Ya know, when I first heard itchy and scratchy were gonna be in the series, I wasn't very happy. I thought they were a waste, since they are not even real in the show. But after reading white fang's review, I have to say they really grew on me.

Itchy and Scratchy are going to make some awesome (and wonderfully gory) brickfilms. I just need to work out a LEGO intestine.

Thanks for the Idea! I'll sure to mention you somehow! :grin:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a new mold, just a variant. Though there is one new character they could do pretty well...Radioactive man! They could do him with Homer's head recoloured red. It would be a good tie in to Steal This Episode.

This is highly possible, considering all the other DVD releases TLG made for animated shorts like The Empire Strikes Out and included a new variation of Darth Vader. Either they would release the episode as a separate DVD or just include it with the season box set for the other Simpsons episodes.

Hmm, thinking that it's a tv show episode as much as a Lego tv special, they might release it with another few episodes? As done with other tv shows such as Spongebob, a group of episodes (5 or so) would get wrapped up into a DVD release long before the season box set. I don't know if the show the Simpsons has ever done it that way before though.

If you need visual inspiration, I know just the place! The Brick Bible, both Old Testament and New Testament, by Brendan Powell Smith, is am excellent source for violence in LEGO form. Putting religion aside it has high quality details of such gore as decapitation, stabbings in the torso and even blood baths with guts. Check it out.

This is highly possible, considering all the other DVD releases TLG made for animated shorts like The Empire Strikes Out and included a new variation of Darth Vader. Either they would release the episode as a separate DVD or just include it with the season box set for the other Simpsons episodes.

Hmm, thinking that it's a tv show episode as much as a Lego tv special, they might release it with another few episodes? As done with other tv shows such as Spongebob, a group of episodes (5 or so) would get wrapped up into a DVD release long before the season box set. I don't know if the show the Simpsons has ever done it that way before though.

If you need visual inspiration, I know just the place! The Brick Bible, both Old Testament and New Testament, by Brendan Powell Smith, is am excellent source for violence in LEGO form. Putting religion aside it has high quality details of such gore as decapitation, stabbings in the torso and even blood baths with guts. Check it out.

I love the Brick Bible!

I love the Brick Bible!

Great and me too! :D so you know how much of a resource is available for LEGO itchy and scratchy gore.

Everyone, from viewing the images if the Simpsons figure series, I've devised a dichotomy for finding the Simpsons figures by parts, from most common to least common between the sixteen figures. Does anyone want to see it? I've outlined it on paper but I can transfer it to computer.

Hope it helps! It's a similar dichotomy that I use mentally when finding other past CMFs. :classic:

Everyone, from viewing the images if the Simpsons figure series, I've devised a dichotomy for finding the Simpsons figures by parts, from most common to least common between the sixteen figures. Does anyone want to see it? I've outlined it on paper but I can transfer it to computer.

Hope it helps! It's a similar dichotomy that I use mentally when finding other past CMFs. :classic:

Yes! :classic:

Interesting, I guess. I kind of wish the accessories were better, though. As much as I enjoy The Simpsons, I don't feel the need to recreate super-specific gags from the show in LEGO form. :sceptic: I would have preferred more unique yet still generic accessories, like the doughnut and the TV remote. Still, even in that regard, the series delivered better than I expected.

So, LEGO... when comes the DC Superheroes series? :sweet:

I hate to say it, but I agree. While the jelly donut would be nice, I don't need an army of Homers which I would need if I were going to get enough of them to be interesting for MOC purposes.

Same here. One doughnut is still great to have, but I wish there was a better way to get, like, half a dozen if I wanted to.