Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I would say Tarful is probably one of the best minifigs of all time! Sadly though, I don't want to have to buy a 70$ AT-AP Walker just to get him so it looks like I'll have to pass on him.

He'll be available for a couple bucks on ebay and Bricklink before you know it. I also am more interested in the figs than the sets this time around, certainly I will be busy getting my minifigs online. The idea of the UCS Slave I and possibly an AT-AT have somewhat piqued my interest, however.

I seriously doubt the AT-AT will be 'minifig' scale. When I say minifig scale, I mean scaled so that the minifigs are at same size ratio to the AT-AT compared to the 'real life version in comparison to a real life person.

I was thinking that they'd probably just include a few minifigures, like some other UCSes.

I would say Tarful is probably one of the best minifigs of all time! Sadly though, I don't want to have to buy a 70$ AT-AP Walker just to get him so it looks like I'll have to pass on him.

As stated before, he probably wouldn't be more than about $6 on eBay or Bricklink. (I'd go with Bricklink personally :wink:)

Edited by Lego Spy

So I just saw a picture of the blasters being used in the Kashyyyk troopers pack. Veeeeeeery interesting. They aren't megaphones. They are a completely new type that somehow launches the stud on the end.

So I just saw a picture of the blasters being used in the Kashyyyk troopers pack. Veeeeeeery interesting. They aren't megaphones. They are a completely new type that somehow launches the stud on the end.

And they do not look very good, or are accurate in any sort of way.

Which makes it a problem.

They look like the megaphone piece is what he was saying

And they do not look very good, or are accurate in any sort of way.

Which makes it a problem.

No they actually look quite accurate; proportions are a bit off giving them a cartoony look but they do have pretty accurate detailing.

No they actually look quite accurate; proportions are a bit off giving them a cartoony look but they do have pretty accurate detailing.

Thats the problem, we dont need bigger size in exchange for greater details, thats whats going wrong lately with some minifig moulds and accesories (in my opinion).

which blaster does it resemble?

It seems to resemble a DC-15s.

Also it doesn't look like it was enlarged for detail, just enlarged so it can hold the stud and have the firing feature.

I can't see the Slave 1 being above 1500 parts, and I'm expecting something very similar to Anio's or cavegod's versions. At that size it should be around the same price as the current X-Wing. If they decided to make it far larger they could, in theory, make a new dedicated part for the canopy.

If it's true I can see myselfy ordering them as soon as they're available.... I just hope that they do them to the standard of the UCS Imperial Shuttle or Falcon. 2014 should be a great year to be a AFOL!

Agreed.

UCS AT-AT 3000+ pieces, replaces UCS Super Star Destroyer on the shelves.

UCS Slave I ~1500 pieces, replaces UCS R2-D2 and/or UCS B-wing on the shelves.

Edited by StoutFiles

I'm hoping the Slave 1 is more along the lines of Sydag's version, it's a WIP but it looks great already.

Also those new blasters look like a tube with a handle, there's no detailing, not on the prelim pics I didn't see anyway. Perfect for losing studs though.

Edited by khatmorg

I don't see what you guys are talking about... All I see is a black (or light bley, depending on the set) tube with a little indintion to put your fingernail in to launch the stud at the end... To me it looks nothing like the DC-15 blaster. Am I crazy?

I don't see what you guys are talking about... All I see is a black (or light bley, depending on the set) tube with a little indintion to put your fingernail in to launch the stud at the end... To me it looks nothing like the DC-15 blaster. Am I crazy?

I don't know if I mentioned it, but the pic I saw was much higher definition. (Still prelim though).

I don't know if I mentioned it, but the pic I saw was much higher definition. (Still prelim though).

Ok, my bad! Sorry I was going off of the grainy pictures released a couple months ago.

Would love both of these to not be minifg scale although if any could be it should be the AT-AT so you could squeeze 30-40 minifigs in it! We've had a few Slave ones, perhaps one that wasn't minifig based would be nice otherwise an update of JAngo's would be really good.

I reckon, even though the new phase 2 clones are missing holes for visors, antennas etc. the barc trooper and airborne trooper clearly have unique moulds so the chances of a unique commander Cody helmet are strong...logically it would be crazy to have Cody's squad and not himself....

I reckon, even though the new phase 2 clones are missing holes for visors, antennas etc. the barc trooper and airborne trooper clearly have unique moulds so the chances of a unique commander Cody helmet are strong...logically it would be crazy to have Cody's squad and not himself....

To me, it seems that the mold of the BARC trooper is the same as the regular phase II trooper's, it's just differently printed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put Cody in the Utapau Troopers set. I know it doesn't make much sense, but putting the Lone Ranger in the Cavalry Builder set didn't make sense either.

What I want to know, who the hell thought it would be a great idea to give young boys stud-shooters?! Because you all know, younger siblings & house pets everywhere are about to be cursing the new 2014 line-up due to intense suffering from 'shooting-range-itis'.

Im actually not too worried about the Kashyyyk trooper anymore. If you look at the pictures from the catalog, it looks very well proportioned from a side view. I'm pretty sure the angles we've seen were just really bad.