Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Except that I know nothing more ;) Vader's helmet is the old one, but it's just preliminary.

Yep, I've seen the picture, but can't show it. He will have black helmet, modified torso and red cape. I can see that there will be also mini snowspeeder, rebel pilot and Tatooine Luke minifigure. It seems tahat it will also include Imperial Shuttle, white minifig (maybe clone), volture droid, 501st christmas clone, and minifig, which looks like general Rieekan.

Thanks a lot for this info!! General Rieekan would be great, since he only comes in the Hoth set now..

The only improvement would be Vader with a red helmet :tongue:

The only improvement would be Vader with a red helmet :tongue:

Oh that would be a strong kick in the stomach for those who bought those helmets for a fortune.

ALso it's strange to see that the AT-AT and the ISD is coming with so few figures. A set in that size usually comes with around 7-9 figs not 4-5 :sceptic: . Moreover there is nothing special among those figs, just imperial crew (I hope that some of them will have new mold or print at least). Anyway the ISD is very tempting, I really liked the 6211 and couldn't afford it back then, so I really look forward to the new one.

Yep, I've seen the picture, but can't show it. He will have black helmet, modified torso and red cape. I can see that there will be also mini snowspeeder, rebel pilot and Tatooine Luke minifigure. It seems tahat it will also include Imperial Shuttle, white minifig (maybe clone), volture droid, 501st christmas clone, and minifig, which looks like general Rieekan.

Rebel Pilot! I cross my fingers for Wedge Antilles, Biggs Darklighter or Wes Janson... Thanks for the info!

Oh that would be a strong kick in the stomach for those who bought those helmets for a fortune.

ALso it's strange to see that the AT-AT and the ISD is coming with so few figures. A set in that size usually comes with around 7-9 figs not 4-5 :sceptic: . Moreover there is nothing special among those figs, just imperial crew (I hope that some of them will have new mold or print at least). Anyway the ISD is very tempting, I really liked the 6211 and couldn't afford it back then, so I really look forward to the new one.

Well, the Snowtroopers are completely new, plus one of them is called a 'Snowtrooper Commander', so that adds some kind of variation. Yet, overall, you're right. While the figs selection is fine, the number is too few in both sets. I would've added Tarkin to the Star Detroyer, along with maybe a Death Star Trooper, and added a Rebel soldier on a Tauntaun in the AT-AT.

I'm extremely excited to see what sort of figs we get with eth Rebels sets. I wonder if the overall negative feeling towards the goofy cartoon CW faces will influence LEGO to avoid making more figs with that design. It'd be great if LEGO kept the Rebels figs in line with the regular Saga figs. Also, I really hope we get the Inqusitor in ine of the sets. He looks like an intriguing villain, like the Ventress of the Empire.

Cool

Hello ChiefPie and welcome to Eurobricks.

Please would you take the trouble to introduce yourself here. Please note that this is not a chatroom: we expect a reasonable level of attention with regard to grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalisation; and we will not tolerate repeated posts of little substance like the one I've quoted here.

Thanks for understanding.

I'm hugely excited about the ISD. It's a good chance for TLG to add and upgrade features from 6211. The number of minifigures is disappointing considering there are many redesigns waiting, but I'm still keeping my hopes up anyway.

The new 'red vader' that's coming out in the Advent Calender will certainly be a popular figure and no doubt they'll have run out by December! The tatooine Luke sounds promising and the white figure that Pablo94 mentioned could be an upgraded storm trooper perhaps?

I'm hugely excited about the ISD. It's a good chance for TLG to add and upgrade features from 6211. The number of minifigures is disappointing considering there are many redesigns waiting, but I'm still keeping my hopes up anyway.

The one problem with the 2006 ISD was the overall structure. It's a very fragile set, so I'm excited and interested to see how LEGO will have improved on the sturdiness of the ship. Also, I hope that they've integrated an easy way to transport the ship, similar to 2009's Venator Cruiser or the new Republic Gunship.

Except that I know nothing more ;) Vader's helmet is the old one, but it's just preliminary.

Thanks for the hint, if it does have a new mould, I may be thinking on getting that star destroyer to get vader and mod it to put him beside my mini collection.

I wonder if the overall negative feeling towards the goofy cartoon CW faces will influence LEGO to avoid making more figs with that design. It'd be great if LEGO kept the Rebels figs in line with the regular Saga figs. Also, I really hope we get the Inqusitor in ine of the sets. He looks like an intriguing villain, like the Ventress of the Empire.

I'd bet they won't look like the regular Saga figs. As is with all licence factors, the party giving the license usually demands to have such be easy to distinguish from each other, easily recognizable, and another factor is they usually also want to make figures for two such lines not to be easily interchangeable.

As for the Vader helmet: They could make Santa Vader dark red, that way keeping those collectors who are crazy enough to pay a furtune for some toy prototype from suffering a heart attack. Not that I care (I mean the collectors value, not the heart attack stuff, mind you). In my eyes it's a bit silly to cry if you bought a TOY years ago that suddenly gets very valuable because it becomes popular or cult or fetish after it's discontinued, and then looses value because a new rendition of it is made years later. Sheesh, it's a well designed toy, not an original piece of art.

So yes, please, give us a bright red Vader helmet! :tongue:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Here comes some more info and please, dont ask me to send photos ;)

Snoowspeeder - gray version, seems little to wide for me, includes 3 minifigs - snowtrooper, 2 pilots and snowtrooper cannon

B-Wing - seems little to short and too wide for me, includes 3 minifigs - pilot, something like mechanician and unidentified minifig (tan outfit, bald)

The Ghost - size of Jedi Defender set, lokks like it will be lite, but it's just preliminary, includes 4 minifigs one of which seems to be Twi'lek

ISD- looks got for me, definitely progress, includes 5 minifigs - Vader, Death Star Trooper, Imperial in black outfit, stormtrooper, and unidentified imperial.

Phantom - Red-White ship, something in shape of Pre Vizsla's starfighter, includes 4 minifigs - astromech, jedi(?), stoormtrooper with lightsabre, and something with head of Ree Yees.

Thanks for the info, Pablo94. I'm very excited to see what the Rebels sets are like.

Do people think we should expect to see these sets at the upcoming toy fair in February?

@Pablo94: Thanks for the information, sounds exciting! :thumbup: The minifigs in the Rebels sets sound especially intriguing :sweet:

@Fives: Of course, why shouldn't we? :laugh: I guess they'll be at all three Toy Fairs as usual, there's nothing that indicates otherwise :wink:

Just looked up the dates for the NY Toy Fair. Feb 16-19. Roughly a month until we get to see this new sets up close and personal!

The one problem with the 2006 ISD was the overall structure. It's a very fragile set, so I'm excited and interested to see how LEGO will have improved on the sturdiness of the ship. Also, I hope that they've integrated an easy way to transport the ship, similar to 2009's Venator Cruiser or the new Republic Gunship.

Yes, that certainly was a downfall. No doubt the infamous technic Handel will make its appearance in this set (and probably a few others)

Pablo94: Thanks for the information on the sets, it's odd that TLG would release another snowspeeder considering one was released

last year, still a good chance to get more redesigns. I'm hoping for a Dak Ralter in this one.

Do we have any concrete info on the Slave I yet? Also, do we know if a hammerhead minifig will be in the Cantina set, or is this just speculation?

The hammerhead pictured will almost certainly not be in the Cantina set, seeing as the other figs alongside him won't be in the set, not to mention there was no "Ithorian Jedi" (as the caption describes him) inside the Cantina.

However, it's always a possibility (though an unlikely one in my opinion) that a different hammerhead may be included in the set, since we don't have any concrete info on at least one of the included figures.

Edited by jindianajonz

Here comes some more info and please, dont ask me to send photos ;)

*snip*

B-Wing - seems little to short and too wide for me, includes 3 minifigs - pilot, something like mechanician and unidentified minifig (tan outfit, bald)

*snip*

Thanks for the info.

Could you elaborate a bit on the "too short, too wide"-part?

Are we talking wing-span, or body-width?

I really have high hopes for this one, hope they dont do something like those tiny millenium falcon-"noses" again.

I mean, it's a minor thing, but it still makes me twitch when i look at it. :blush:

Thanks for all the information Pablo94!

I'am really curious about the Rebels sets, I read that they could be combined a few pages back, but I still don't know if that's true.

The snowspeeder is a very useless set for me, TLG constantly releases one every 2 year almost... It's boring while there are still ships that we haven't seen in Lego.

The ISD is still in the center of my curiousity, I was so sad that I missed the 6211, but now I'm relieved that I can get a better, more detailed Official Star Destroyer.

About the B-wing I'll wait for the pics until I say anything about it, on of my favourite rebel ships, but every editions had the same flaw (The middle-bottom wing was only detailed on one side and on the other you could see the bottom of the plates and bricks), except the UCS, and I hope TLG will not include that in this one.

I can hardly wait to see the new AT-AT. My wife curses that set since it was the 2003 model that brought me out of the darkness. I wish it was UCS, but I'm sure we won't be disappointed on the UCS sets this year. Lego keeps getting better and better!

EDIT: Never mind.

The Rebel sets sound interesting and I'm curious to see all the figures in them!

Edited by DarthPotato

I mean that wings are to wide and the cockpit-cental wing part is to short. But as I say, it can be only the wrong angle and it' just preliminary.

The hammerhead pictured will almost certainly not be in the Cantina set, seeing as the other figs alongside him won't be in the set, not to mention there was no "Ithorian Jedi" (as the caption describes him) inside the Cantina.

However, it's always a possibility (though an unlikely one in my opinion) that a different hammerhead may be included in the set, since we don't have any concrete info on at least one of the included figures.

Thanks! Anyone know anything about the Slave I for sure?