Sign in to follow this  
Geki Brick

Can you already build any set that comes out?

Sooner or later, you will have enough pieces to build any set lego puts out. I feel that after a $100 investment in lego, you can literally build any set.

I agree with you completly Geki brick I didn't bother purchasing sasee tinns starfighter because I had all the parts needed I even had sasee tinn himself!

EDIT: I also saved quite alot of money.

Edited by Tariq j

Sooner or later, you will have enough pieces to build any set lego puts out. I feel that after a $100 investment in lego, you can literally build any set.

Well, ya can't build a $200 set with $100 worth of pieces. Never the less the UCS Falcon.

A hundred bucks in Oz doesn't get you that much.......but the amount of spare parts and scrapped sets I have....yeah, I could knock up a lot of sets.....and make their stickers too. :grin:

I think many believe the same thing, but quickly learn that EPIC* building is not the same as a recreation of an existing model and then MOD'ing and then MOC'ing meant the budget has to be blown wide open.

*EPIC - Existing pieces, ignore colour

I think you need a lot more than $100 to build anything. Especially with the multiple exclusive and new pieces coming out all of the time. And if you have $100 worth of castle pieces, you won't be able to build anything Star Wars related, that goes without saying.

However, you can probably mod a lot of sets to make something better for you. But with my 6 figure piece count won't allow me to just up and build most sets.

Whilst your argument is flawed I applaud the sentiment. The joy of buying and owning sets is cool but the ability to recreate models from your collection is an aspect to Lego that feels less appreciated as the decades pass.

Ole Kirk's House has troubled me. Aside from the stickers, many of us could easily build it. Yet I want to own the set...

I disagree. With each new wave of sets, TLG brings out new moulds, existing parts new colours and (to a lesser extent) new colours. Someone may well have enough parts to build anything they want, but (unless TLG stops producing new moulds) they'll never reach the point where they have enough pieces to build any set ever released. Unless you keep buying those new pieces of course.

Also, as LT said, $100 doesn't get you much LEGO in Australia.

Maybe some of you could do this, but me, for example, i only buy sets to display them so even if i had all the pieces i couldn't build something new with them.

It would depend on the theme of the set question; I doubt I have Medieval elements to build a castle (walls especially), but City vehicles could be doable depending on the complexity.