just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I surrender! I'm going to try to see that movie as soon as I can, and if my soul craves minifigure raccoons and bird-shaped spaceships for a while, I guess I'll have to feed it!

:devil_laugh:

Trust me (and others who've commented), it's a great film! :laugh:

Don't know if my word means anything, but in my area, the Guardians of the Galaxy sets are doing amazing! I always see the $20 sold out at Target, and the $40 one usually has one left. The Milano also always has two at most! And, at my Walmarts, they're always sold out!

Looking at the USM/AA sets, the sales for those are very slow. I always see around 15 copies of the $20 ones for each at Target, and the bigger ones have around 3-5. The small USM usually has about five left.

I think it was genius to put Rocket in the $40 set. If it was in an $80-100 USD set, it'd scare moms off.... But at 40 it's enough for kids & AFOLs to want the set just for the fig alone, and the price is small enough to make moms relent.

For those that collect the polypags, the Batwing polybag is one of Target's Halloween ones as well as an arctic explorer.

^Thanks for the info. I have yet to see the Batwing there. I've seen lots of the arctic set though. I guess I'll keep an eye out. I only saw one section for LEGO bags at my store.

As far as how well sets are selling, I think it is more than just always being sold out. I always question maybe they don't have any in stock due to shelf space. My local Target doesn't even have tags for the Guardians sets. So they aren't sold out, because they aren't for sale there! I've seen the 20$ one before, but the last few times I've been there I haven't even seen an area on the shelf where they could be. They are full of the January super hero lines still.

I saw the Batwing. It looked good, but I missed the minifig-scale Batwing set in 2012, so I'm still unhappy when I see a LEGO Batwing!

The Guardians movie was amazing, and the sets are really well designed. I love the minifigs, and even the weird oversized groot is not too bad for what it is. It might even be worth getting several more of the Nova sets for a nice display.

You can just replace all the extra Starlords' heads to make more of the Ravagers gang.