just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

The wording on that is a bit misleading. It sounds as if the figures were going to be released in 2012, but those attending Toy Fair would get them 'first'. Sadly, it didn't happen that way.

Oh...

my...

That's a real shame it wasn't released as a Minifig to the general public.

Oh, I see there's one on eBay with a high bid of $105. There's also one for sale for the paltry sum of $895. Chump change, really.

Edited by Colossus

Yes. The topic is LLLLL EEEEE GGGGG OOOOO super heroes. Not CW. I love Arrow and eagerly await The Flash, I don't wanna read about it here.

Lego basically released an Arrow-verse Flash, and we are discussing how Lego could treat us later this year, so it's kinda valid.

I think the face looks really weird on that variant.

It does, but only because they decided to tweak things (hence the Iron Man helmet). Still, it would have been nice to have both more available.

Lego basically released an Arrow-verse Flash, and we are discussing how Lego could treat us later this year, so it's kinda valid.

Agreed.

What makes him an Arrow-verse Flash? :wacko:

I'm surprised Lego didn't make a set with Rhino ,seeing as they made a set with Electro and a set with the Green Goblin, whom are both in the new movie (I know the sets are base on USM).

According to reports from early viewings, Rhino isn't really the main focus of the film. It's much more about electro and goblin, while setting Rhino up for the future.

From that I'm expecting that when the Sinister Six film comes out, Rhino will play a big role. So I'm assuming that's when we will see Rhino and whoever else is part of the SIX, maybe Doc Ock, Vulture, Lizard, Electro, Goblin and Rhino?

saw a trailer when seeing the lego movie for the second time yesterday and it was all about electro

I don't think anyone's mentioned that this guy was definitely* from the TV show Arrow, either.

Green-Arrow.jpg

But he's not available to the public anyways :/

*I mean... unless there's a comic book version of him with the hood and stubble and such... But either way, he's pretty freaking close.

Neither GG or Rhino were ever part of the Sinister Six, but Hobgoblin and Electro were. The Sinister Syndicate, inspired by that group, did include Rhino. The Sinister Six had a rotating group of members. This is according to the 2009 ed of The Marvel Encyclopedia.

I'll be hoping for Mysterio, Vulture, Lizard, Doc Ock, Kraven and Hobgoblin.

I don't think anyone's mentioned that this guy was definitely* from the TV show Arrow, either.

But he's not available to the public anyways :/

*I mean... unless there's a comic book version of him with the hood and stubble and such... But either way, he's pretty freaking close.

That's his New 52 outfit.

c1c7f8bf043ac35b2f7ec23661a07d17_zps01242b57.jpg

Edited by LuxorV

Unfortunately, after googling "Arrow costume" and " the New 52 Green Arrow" I have to confirm that the 2013 Green Arrow exclusive looks identical to the New 52 version. Hope that doesn't meen we still can't have him in classic form, but what are the odds? If the (dare I say) popular Green Arrow gets subjected to be an exclusive for some 300 con attendees, then what are the odds of ever getting a Stargirl? At this rate we won't even see her in a video game! I'm starting to really lose my interest in this theme. At least I'll give it one more year, DC lost my grip (Lego wise, I'm still reading) but lets see what Age of Ultron brings to sets. Hopefully this year Flash and Hourman shows (both of which excite me more than Arrow or Batman, though Arrow has proven to be good so far) can do wonders for Lego. Would 1 non-Batman set really kill Lego?

Edited by Freddy Bricker

This theme is for mom and pop, not long time comics fans. Anything beyond the A and B List heroes is gonna be far and few. Appreciate that we're getting a few here and there, but expecting Stargirl is gonna end in disappointment.

Best to learn to customize, or find a friend who can, if you want guys like Booster Gold, or captain Atom.

I'm not expecting to see her in a solo set, or even her specifically. It just baffles me that they can't even throw her (or any other hero) into a Superman set and call it a day. I ask this because I don't think it would drown a set. And if I'm lucky to have seen Aquaman and the Flash be the only non-Batman hero's released in their respective years, if 1 new non-Batman character a year is 'lucky' then what should I expect from their slow years? The more anyone says about this theme, the less I like it. It's my opinion, and I'm just stating it. DC collectibles and plush toy and belts and clothes and pins seem to throw GL around plenty of advertisements and merchandise, why can't I even get him once in this theme? He's the freaking Green Lantern. I'm not asking for Simon Baz or Katma Tui (though I would gladly buy both) I just want a freakin' Hal Jordan. Or anyone else. Just please get Bruce away from me.

That is not an unreasonable expectation. We got Flash, and the rumor mill is abuzz with GL.

SDCC is still a few months out, I'd expect a surprise or two then.

What should excite me about SDCC? Possible limited-edition figures? Or the preview for a set that is probably going to be a Batman set? Again, the more that is said, the less appealing this theme gets. And yes Green Lantern is a high probability for next year, but again, why wait4 years to get him?

Just please get Bruce away from me.

Never! :devil_laugh:

Anyway, I'm a sucker for anything Batman so I don't feel like the rest of ya's.

But, in time, we'll see Stargirl, Booster Gold, Cap Atom, THE Atom, and the like in sets.

I mean, Star Wars is getting an Airen Cracken(who even is this guy?), so we'll get some C-D-listers soon enough.

What should excite me about SDCC? Possible limited-edition figures? Or the preview for a set that is probably going to be a Batman set? Again, the more that is said, the less appealing this theme gets. And yes Green Lantern is a high probability for next year, but again, why wait4 years to get him?

Maybe this theme just isn't for you.

I wish we could get a CMF series, I have literally dreamt of pulling a Ralph Dibny, or Boodikka.....of filling my shelves with Electric Blue Superman, and the entire Flash family.

But unless I make 'em myself, I'm pretty sure that dream will never see fruition.

But I dreamed of one day having Ghostbusters and BTTF Lego, and that is now a reality.

Let's hope you're right. Plus it's not like they'd be all alone, they'd be side characters in these sets anyways. Here's to being optimistic :classic:

Unfortunately, I imagine a CMF is well out of the question at the moment with regards to DC. There's probably some licensing issues with regards to these Scribblenauts Unmasked figures being blind bag 'miniature figures'. I'd guess it'd be a similar thing to the whole Star Wars individual figure issue, but hey, I'm all for it if there is no problem!

Edited by Catanas

The thing is, if they needed a Batman or Superman to anchor a CMF series, that still leaves 14 slots.

Give us a Zur Enh Arrh Batman, and a Electric Superman (i'm all for Elseworlds, but not sure how deep TLG would want to go), then 14 new figures (not gonna post a list as that belongs in another thread)

Unfortunately, I imagine a CMF is well out of the question at the moment with regards to DC. There's probably some licensing issues with regards to these Scribblenauts Unmasked figures being blind bag 'miniature figures'. I'd guess it'd be a similar thing to the whole Star Wars individual figure issue, but hey, I'm all for it if there is no problem!

I doubt that would be an issue as there are plenty of other similar lines on the market. Some by Funko, as well as others.