Sign in to follow this  
dunamis

UCS Falcon Pre-Order and Loyalty Stamps

OK just thought I would pass this along:

Background:

I ordered two UCS Falcons, one the day it became available and another about a week after.

Story:

I was in the LEGO store about two weeks ago and saw they had a sign posted that said you could pre-order the Falcon in the store. I asked if you get the loyalty stamps when you pre-order and they said yes. So, I asked "what if I already ordered it online, can I still get the stamps?" They said "Yes, just bring in your pre-order confirmation."

Yesterday, I go back to the LEGO store with my two pre-order confirmations and said "Hi, I'm back. I have my pre-order confirmations for the UCS Falcon. I'd like to get my loyalty stamps please." The lady took a look at my two pre-order confirmations and said, "Sure." Then she proceeded to stamp out a gazillion stamps which covered TWO and a HALF loyalty cards and then gave me $70 worth of LEGO gift cards (2 full cards = $30 x2 plus a half card at $10 = $70). "There you go!" she said with a smile. I was dumbfounded.

Conclusion:

If you pre-ordered the falcon and live by a LEGO store, it is probably worth your time to take your pre-order confirmation page in at see if you can get your stamps. This may be a store based decision so you might want to call ahead. As usual, your mileage may vary...

Let me know your experiences. Interestingly, they did the same thing for me when I pre-ordered the Mindstorms NXT. I just came in with my online receipt and they gave me the stamps.

OK just thought I would pass this along:

Background:

I ordered two UCS Falcons, one the day it became available and another about a week after.

Story:

I was in the LEGO store about two weeks ago and saw they had a sign posted that said you could pre-order the Falcon in the store. I asked if you get the loyalty stamps when you pre-order and they said yes. So, I asked "what if I already ordered it online, can I still get the stamps?" They said "Yes, just bring in your pre-order confirmation."

Yesterday, I go back to the LEGO store with my two pre-order confirmations and said "Hi, I'm back. I have my pre-order confirmations for the UCS Falcon. I'd like to get my loyalty stamps please." The lady took a look at my two pre-order confirmations and said, "Sure." Then she proceeded to stamp out a gazillion stamps which covered TWO and a HALF loyalty cards and then gave me $70 worth of LEGO gift cards (2 full cards = $30 x2 plus a half card at $10 = $70). "There you go!" she said with a smile. I was dumbfounded.

Conclusion:

If you pre-ordered the falcon and live by a LEGO store, it is probably worth your time to take your pre-order confirmation page in at see if you can get your stamps. This may be a store based decision so you might want to call ahead. As usual, your mileage may vary...

Let me know your experiences. Interestingly, they did the same thing for me when I pre-ordered the Mindstorms NXT. I just came in with my online receipt and they gave me the stamps.

good idea, but sadly i live about 30+ miles away from my nearest lego shop in milton keynes, england :-( :-( and the falcon is two expensive for me :-( :-(

Please remember, dr01d3k4 to edit previous posts rather than making more :-)

And this is fantastic news! I wonder what happens if you pre-order 10, and then get the stamps, and then cancel...

Anyway, this is worth a trip for me X-D

Please remember, dr01d3k4 to edit previous posts rather than making more :-)

And this is fantastic news! I wonder what happens if you pre-order 10, and then get the stamps, and then cancel...

wicked idea, but i'm not going to try it as i don't want to lose

Glad it could help someone.

Yes, there are a number of ways you could 'scam' the system to get the stamps and I thought about not posting this for that very reason. However, they did take a copy of my pre-order sheets (with the confirmation number) and the LEGO gift cards are bar coded so they probably link them up in that giant matrix database in the sky. So, if you cancel your order they probably invalidate your gift cards. If you already used them, the LEGOs that you purchased suddenly melt and the minifigs disappear...

Seriously, I figured the people on this board are adult enough not to try to scam the system because as soon as someone does, LEGO will probably stop doing it for everyone. I would then lead the angry mob of AFOLs to the home of the person who screws this up for everyone.

does this work for all lego sets ordered off the shop at home website or just pre-ordered sets?

Speculation: This probably only works with pre-order as it did for my pre-order NXT and Falcon. However, you may want to call your local store and ask to be sure.

Just so you know, I wasn't advocating it, just speculating what would happen ;-) I currently have three pre-ordered (to sell later) so...well I've never been an official Lego store near me :-$ I need to find out how these loyalty cards work...

Just so you know, I wasn't advocating it, just speculating what would happen ;-) I currently have three pre-ordered (to sell later) so...well I've never been an official Lego store near me :-$ I need to find out how these loyalty cards work...

Yes, of course I was not suggesting you were advocating this. Sorry if I implied that.

The loyalty cards are pretty straightforward. It is a card with 16 circles on it. For every $25 spent, they stamp the circle. When you get to 8 stamps, you get a $10 gift card. When you complete the second set of 8 you get a $20 gift card. So, when you spend $400, you get $30 in gift cards.

It all seems to be tracked on the receipts as your reciept will show line items for every stamp given out and every gift card given out.

If you become a regular, the staff gets to know you and they kind of help you out. They'll say "Hey, your're at $48. Pick something up for $2 and you'll get another stamp."

It's a nice program and it's good to have the gift cards for that time you walk in and they have that new set that you've been waiting for. Pulling out a $20 gift card helps soften the blow when buying things...

I would then lead the angry mob of AFOLs to the home of the person who screws this up for everyone.

I

I would never have thought that they would do this. When I ordered my BNSF from the LEGO store in Chicago, I did not get any stamps, although I did not ask about it either. I thought that you only got stamps for in store purchases and online purchases do not count.

I will most likely be going to go to the LEGO store this weekend. I will ask them and see what they say. Either way, dunamis, I am greatful for the information you and provided me and fellow Eurobrickers. Thanks! :-)

DB

I would so totally be doing this if I wasn't currently saving all my money for Halo 3 at the moment.

I love loyalty programs because you always get cool free stuff!

Current status of Halo 3 fund:

$2.67 (not a made up number)

$97.33 to go!

please donate! :-P

this is great news. dunamis, which document did you use? the email order confirmation? or the order status?

I wonder, if I take my order page in to a Lego store, if they will let me collect all the stamps at one time?

I live in Michigan, and the closest one to me is Chicago.

I just looked at my order history and it dates back to 2005.

May have to drive to the Windy City for a weekend soon?!

Are the gift cards only good at the Lego stores or good at other stores, but, only for Lego products?

Jamie

i called up the store, they said no stamps for online purchase...even pre-order. i need to order from the store to get the stamps. and i can only get them when i bring the packing slip to the store.

so...anyway, i cancelled my online order and will stop by the shop to pre-order. 2500 can earn me $240 of gift card! that would be silly if i were to pass on that!

Sorry they wouldn't do it for your order, but to answer your question, I took in the Email confirmation. Good thing you called and yes I agree that you should cancel and buy there. $240 in gift cards is a lot to pass on.

this is the store in bridgewater, nj. if anyone was thinking of going there too.

they seem to be on top of their game. they only give the stamps when the goods arrive. you actually need the packing slips to get your stamps. that's a long wait for your loyalty stamps. lol...oh well, i can use it to purchase the other summer sets then. :-P

Thats pretty cool. Too bad I can't get to a Lego store. They ahve none in Canada.

-ZotS

there are a few like in cookstown or sumitn in the outlet mall

I would so totally be doing this if I wasn't currently saving all my money for Halo 3 at the moment.

I love loyalty programs because you always get cool free stuff!

Current status of Halo 3 fund:

$2.67 (not a made up number)

$97.33 to go!

please donate! :-P

Um, so are you saying that Halo 3 is going to be $100?? WHy is this? 8-|

Back on topic, i remember my old lego store in pleasinton tell me the same thing that i could get my loyaltiy card stamped for online orders as long as i showed that conformation letter. This is nice espeacially since there are certain sets that are only avaible on line, or the lego store doesn't pick up the set intill a few months after its release.

there are a few like in cookstown or sumitn in the outlet mall

Not to go off topic. However. There are three Bricks And Blocks lego stores in Canada. One in St. Jacobs. One in Cookstown and one in hum I forget the last place.

You may not know about it but there is a list of stores and where they are located in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. it should be stickied. Check it out there.

As for this deal with the royalty stamps. I'm wonderin if this would work at the lego stores here in Canada being as they are not known as Lego Brand Stores like they are in the US.