Edit: Scroll down for updates. :classic:

Here is my entry to the Hero or Monster contest:

9104479355_50293c77ac_c.jpg

9104475651_f1ba73c20b_c.jpg

9104475549_549a3d21b3_c.jpg

Here's the brain:

9104468081_0bcef5bc84_c.jpg

I tried to make it look like a golden titan's torso fused with Venom-esque octopus tentacles. I hope you all like it! :sweet:

Edited by howie28

:cry_happy: Dear god, it's so beautiful! And scary, too. :blush:

Anyway, I have no other words. I'll leave it to somebody else who can make a sentence to describe this.

Valiant Venom is perhaps the best half-octopus that has ever lived!

There finished lol.

In other words this is amazing and scary too.

Man with entries like these I think I am beat.

The golden half looks good... and the black spidery section is cool too... but I don't like the sharp contrast there. Otherwise, awesome.

Very nice! Why is there a few red pieces? It might look better either if you added more or took red out entirely. Great work! Almost done with mine. :wink:

I honestly think the red bits are supposed to be some sort of beak that octopus or squid have.

Edited by Zachattacx

I like it, kinda ties the whole thing with the brain slug spikes. Great moc man, good luck in the contest!

I honestly think the red bits are supposed to be some sort of beak that octopus or squid have.

I'd suspect it to be more like a stinger of sorts.

Yeah, it's hard to tell whether or not we're supposed to think spider or octopus at this point, though I'd lean to the former.

The upper half is very cool, and Brutaka's mask is a nice touch. Some cool construction bits, and the shield wings/shoulderpads are actually pretty nifty. The lower half isn't too bad, but the transition is very abrupt; might just be the colors, but it doesn't flow together as nicely as it should. The lack of straight feet also don't really give a very good impression, considering how nicely the rest of the MoC is designed, and it feels incomplete as a result.

Alright, if this is allowed, here is revision two:9112077634_cbf34b42d2_c.jpg

I have given it more of a squid body below the gold torso, and changed the tentacles. I gave it feet of sorts to help stabilise the MOC, and I removed the shield.9112071536_24132f68e6_c.jpg

I hope you think it has improved!PS: Do I need to put these into the first post for them to count?

Edited by howie28

Much better transformational transition. Although I gotta say, I liked the shield.

I returned the shield and put the model in a new pose so it doesn't go over the height restriction.

9111589913_cdff17e1c3_c.jpg

9111579547_35e4c4fa63_c.jpg

Saruman for size.

Much, much better. The different pose helps a lot, and the entire MOC looks a lot more realistic - as realistic as something like this can get, anyway.