Haltiamieli

Headquarters of the Town Guard

It is a well known fact that at least half of the populace of usual Lego cities work in the police department. Things may not be as skewed in my medieval town, but even it needs a town guard to keep everything in order. And when you have a guard, you need a house where they can rest after searching for a runaway chicken and where they can keep a cell for all the thieves and outlaws before they are carted to a more secure prison.

This is meant to standing between two other houses, so there's no details on the sides. Sorry for the lack of surrounding terrain. It's time will come... some day.

9054227183_8fb300424a_z.jpg

9054241701_6cfb413c68_z.jpg

The front of the building. The roof is dark red with a few random parts in reddish brown scattered around (because I didn't have enough dark red, but it also looks rather nice)

9056467272_0757c4ff9b_z.jpg

9056466720_94400cb0c0_z.jpg

9054238427_e89c07084b_z.jpg

9056464600_3934a20108_z.jpg

Upper floor with a random statue, a weapon rack and a fireplace. In the corner there's the captain's writing desk and book shelf.

9054236425_606dc1767c_z.jpg

9054235111_535db85936_z.jpg

9056461212_1eb9b69982_z.jpg

Downstairs there's a cell and it's ever vigilant guard.

If you got this far you deserve a bonus round with a random apartment house and an unfinished wizard's store!

9056455138_5cd76bc66b_n.jpg9054233309_71be50574c_n.jpg

9054230929_d52973b921_n.jpg9056458984_731f7b6094_n.jpg

I like your techniques and use of bricks. The colors in your two last houses are great, you should have thrown in some color in your headquarters as well.

Love the modular simplicity of the guardhouse - small but good detailing.

Really love the use of the weapon hook thingy as a cooking pot holder - genius. Great parts usage (as it's a silly weapon). May use this idea myself.

It sure looks nice, nice details, not to much, but just, well, nice. I am looking forward to see more of your MOCs.

Nice :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the bookshelf :wink:

Nice exteriors, but the detailed interiors are what make these for me. I love the sword racks throughout the guardhouse and the desk and bookshelf are excellent :thumbup:

As Watchman said your use of the Heroica weapon is great too :classic:

My most favorite part is actually the crossed broadswords underneath the arch in the front. Very clever and adds a lot of depth to the build. I may need to borrow that sometime. I'm surprised I like how much it looks.

I also like the inner-workings and furnishments. The desk/book shelf are really well done. I like adding in the cell and including the boxer's head.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the comments :classic:

The colors in your two last houses are great, you should have thrown in some color in your headquarters as well.

Maybe, but on the other hand I wanted to keep the headquarters building rather imposing and built of stone, so there's not that many opportunities for colour. That does make it more boring as a single building, but I hope it will add some variety to the town when it's eventually placed in the scene along other buildings.

I like in particularly the bookshelf :wink:

That happens to be the detail I myself can't brag about much as I stole took the idea for the shelf design from a fellow Finn's recent MOC (worth a look!). Should've mentioned it already in the first post, admittedly, even if the basic design with vertically assigned two wide plates as books is of course rather common.

Edited by Haltiamieli

Maybe, but on the other hand I wanted to keep the headquarters building rather imposing and built of stone, so there's not that many opportunities for colour. That does make it more boring as a single building, but I hope it will add some variety to the town when it's eventually placed in the scene along other buildings.

You are probably right, I bet it will look good together with the other buildings. Keep up the good work! :)

I like this building!!!

It really has a medieval atmosphere with it :sweet:

Also great job on the interior and the faces of the minifigs in it!! :laugh: