JaseTJ

Avengers (Purist 'Figs, MOD, and MOCs)

As the title would suggest...

8932738753_54cc828732_c.jpg

Avengers! Here are my custom (purist) versions of Earth's Mightiest Heroes! But wait, there's more!

8932780829_60dbe5b24a_c.jpg

Avengers, disassemble! Here's a shot of the group in their downtime. Still... something's missing...

8933362864_f4fab80cca_c.jpg

Nick Fury? Agents Hill and Coulson? SHIELD? That exhausts the minifigs for now, so on to the titular MOD, the Quinjet.

8932776329_7499571ef6_c.jpg

First, I added a chin-gun. It's connected in two places, simply because the connection style swiveled too easily and wouldn't stay in place. Still looks good, though, in my opinion.

8933358188_6b6dd68f4f_c.jpg

Secondly, I nudged the wing-hinge so that it's centered, 'cause it looks better, and added little rocket-y pieces to the flick-fires so they didn't look as out of place.

8933364130_3b7b97cc8c_c.jpg

Wait, didn't the original set have a hatch there?

8932773979_d8778dd4f5_c.jpg

Oh, right, bigger and better. Plus a cleaned-out interior! And lastly, another view of the inside- I should probably add benches.

8933377600_c402b24012_c.jpg

8932750643_e6323b28dc_c.jpg

The Quinjet with my custom Chitauri Chariot (I have two, identical, built mostly from pieces from the Avengers sets.)

8932763313_0bfd7947e5_c.jpg

Didn't take a picture specifically of the Chariot, but this one has a decent overview. Mostly just wanted to try that shot of Nat flying the chariot.

8933374044_0430f86801_c.jpg

And a close-up of Loki riding his chariot. Wielding his staff. (No, the idea wasn't originally mine- I'm not sure who's I saw, but I liked it enough to cut up one of the several staffs I got :P)

And now I'd like to close with a couple of little scenes I made from the movie:

"I need an eye."

8938001938_da33aca602_c.jpg

And:

8932752695_d4b98d7296_c.jpg

But not only did I make Thor and Loki fighting...

8933360934_018151f408_c.jpg

Ta-da! That's really it for now. I plan on making at least one fairly detailed scene at some point, seeing as neither of these took very long to build, but my pieces are unfortunately invested in other projects currently.

Comments and criticism are definitely welcome. I do realize not all of my 'figs are very close to the movie, but I'm happy with them as representations of the characters themselves.

Edited by JaseTJ

JaseTJ don't listen to the negative comments (sometimes people are just jealous :tongue: )

positive criticism always offers suggestions and insight

awesome figures, modifications and creations bro!

These are great! I personally like flesh tones on my mini-figs, but these offer a great alternative to someone who prefers the yellow. Like the mods you've made to the Quinjet too, nothing too different, but the small changes really add to it :)

Can you fit Cap's bike in the back of it now? I was confused as to why they didn't think about that during production in the first place, haha.

Edited by iamste

JaseTJ don't listen to the negative comments (sometimes people are just jealous :tongue: )

Negative? I was in a rush so didn't explain my reply, I think that the yellow is out of place. Is that comment aimed at me because I said that your Iron Man wasn't 'the best I've seen'? If so, look up MGF Customs...

Thanks!

These are great! I personally like flesh tones on my mini-figs, but these offer a great alternative to someone who prefers the yellow. Like the mods you've made to the Quinjet too, nothing too different, but the small changes really add to it :)

Can you fit Cap's bike in the back of it now? I was confused as to why they didn't think about that during production in the first place, haha.

I dunno how well you can see it, but the top row is still mostly 4-wide. The bike can fit, but it has to be tilted slightly to get the mirrors past the thinner part.

Negative? I was in a rush so didn't explain my reply, I think that the yellow is out of place. Is that comment aimed at me because I said that your Iron Man wasn't 'the best I've seen'? If so, look up MGF Customs...

Well you did say 'I don't like the figs one bit', with absolutely no explanation. I don't think it would have taken too much time to add the extra 'because they're yellow', which would have been much more understandable. My friend kept trying to get me to make them peach instead 'cause there are a couple of faces that work better that way. Personally, I just prefer yellow 'figs for the most part, and some faces (Black Widow's especially, to a point Thor, and maybe Hill) are much better in yellow. Seeing as that's a matter of opinion, and not a judgement so much on how I made the minifigs, it would be great if you could take the extra few seconds to add those three words next time to avoid sounding harsh. Really, I don't mind, I've learned not to care too much what the internet says negatively (because someone out there will always find something bad to say).

Thanks overall though, guys!

EDIT: Also, I just added a background to Loki's side of the 'I need an eye' scene, 'cause apparently I'm OCD and couldn't stand it.

Edited by JaseTJ

Your customs are fantastic! They all have expressions that really match the character. I don't mind the flesh colors on mine but I might have enough variety of yellows to try this too. Good job, bub. :sweet:

Nice alternative minifigures! I once used a face similar to your thor face for a yellow Indiana jones as I wanted to do a crossover with pharaoh's quest. You are certainly right about black widow's original face, Thank god it is covered up on one side by that hairpiece!

Help ID-ing parts for these "Purist" Silver Samurai and Mandarin

Hello all, found these two rather awesome MOC / Purist minifigs on Flickr (asked the OP, but no reply, unfortunately):

• Silver Samurai
  • Mandarin

http://imgur.com/a/Bg59Z

I was hoping that you folks could help ID-ing these parts, for instance:

* Mandarin's head, I'm pretty sure is Tony Stark?

Any help would be great!

Edited by agoodfella

Good job! I like the yellow and the licensed skin tones, but since I'm used to seeing these people in the licensed skin tone, I would have to choose that as my favorite. But I think these do provide a good alternative in the yellow universe.

Nice mods and nice Stark sign too!

Thanks to both of you!

@TheLegoDr: There are a few things I prefer about the peach 'figs from the sets, but Legos are supposed to be yellow right? :P Also, I'd feel a bit bad about only building three letters on the sign, but that's actually all that's left at that point in the fight :P