mdoupe

[Software] Brickficiency - Find the cheapest BL stores to buy parts

Buildingoutloud [at] gmail [dot] com

Edited by legolijntje
Changed email

@mdoupe

I suggest you to avoid to write you email address in clear, to avoid spam bot.

You should edit it.

mdoupe,

I tried to attach it to a electronic-mail, but because it is 0kb it refuses to attach!

The Debug-Priceguide.txt IS there in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Brickficiency\debug, but is empty.

Is there a priceguide I can manualy download and insert or replace into this .txt file?

Ok, I think I'm ready to release the next version (0.95.2).

Download link: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6HH_wCQ4odGNzgzRWVzN2MxcnM

There's two extra folders that have to sit in the same spot as brickficiency.exe. I tried to make everything pack into the exe, but I've been unable to do so so far.

Let me know if this version works better if you'd previously tried 0.95 and it did not work (or if you just want to see the new version :P ).

mdoupe,

Well done! The 0.95.2 version works great. This is the first time I had three different lists import without issues. Normally I have a few pieces with colors unassigned that I have to edit, or price guides that show as empty and I have to set the status to Exclude so it will continue processing.

Seems faster, too!

I'll let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Jim

New version so far so good, still wont work with my huge wanted list but works with smaller ones, I'll have to break it down into groups.

Ok, well it looks like there are no major issues, so I've updated the website.

Download link (this is the same one I posted a couple days ago, no need to update if you have that one already).

New in 0.95.2

• Fixed an issue in 0.95 where dependencies were not being included in the .exe. I want to keep Brickficiency as portable as possible, but for now there are a couple of folders containing DLL's that have to sit in the same folder as Brickficiency. I'll try to remedy this in the future.

New in 0.95 - Proper Database, more list creation options

• There is now a proper database that is automatically updated. It can also be manually updated from the tools menu.
  • Can now manually change item id numbers or double clicking on the item name brings up a change item box
  • Can now create new lists and add parts to a new/existing list (although there is a display bug in the add item dialog)
  • Placing the mouse cursor over a picture of an item will show a larger version of that picture. Double clicking will show an even larger image (the colour may not be accurate on the double clicked image)
  • Selecting a single item will show which sets that item is in, and the quantities it contains.
  • Can now (mostly) import an LDD file, thanks to rebrickable.com! If any items are skipped, the item information (item ID, colour, quantity) will be shown in the message window. If you can figure out which part it is from the lego ID, you can still add it manually.
  • Can now export a list to a bricklink wanted list.
  • Fixed an issue while importing wanted lists when there is no sublists.

mdoupe,

The new features are really nice, especially the edit and add functions and the export to a Bricklink wanted list.

Really well done!

What does "Matches Per Combination" change, exactly?

It is an option before calculating.

How many solutions it will calculate for the 2 store, 3 store, 4 store and 5 store combinations. So when it found that there are combinations for a 3 store solution, it will try to find the set amount of matches. The default is 10, so it will try to find 10 3-store solutions.

I hope that makes sense, my explanation is a bit vague :grin:

Yeah, leaving it at 10 will show the top 10 cheapest ways to buy your list. if you set it to 1000, it'll show you 1000 different ways to buy all of your parts, assuming there are 1000 different ways :laugh:

thanks people! That will be useful.

I'm having better results with the program after splitting the wanted list up into a few smaller lists.

I haven't had the priceguide download error with the smaller list.

I'm trying to order over 8,000 parts in over 600 lots :wacko: wish me luck!

You can also try BrickWizard (has also a topic on this forum). Although there's a bug that causes it to search only in the US. There's being worked on it.

Brickwizard seems faster to me, but brickficiency has more options and feels a little more robust (don't know why).

I don't want to say that either Brickficiency or Brickwizard is better, but you could try to use them both. :classic:

Like the new features of 95.2, but I'm having a problem that I thought was fixed. When I attempt to import parts that have something in the "My Remarks" column, the import will skip them... is there a configuration setting I'm missing?

text_alignment_zps80e8caf8.jpg

Seems if you click on an element, the pop up on bottom covers the text and makes it hard to read the message. The workaround is to click an empty area to the right side to deselect the element to clear the pop up box. I suspect it's due to Window's feature as I saw this often when Windows 7 first came out, in Display there's an option to make text and stuff bigger. I usually have mine set to 125% because otherwise the desktop icons would end up too small:

tiny_zps53a69644.jpg

:grin:

Got an error yesterday after trying to import 2 wanted lists into brickeficiency

Error1.png

[

Edited by Kierna

New version: 0.95.3

Just a minor update to make it download the database from dedicated hosting rather than from google drive.

http://www.buildingoutloud.com/bf/Brickficiency-095-3.zip

Got an error yesterday after trying to import 2 wanted lists into brickeficiency

That usually happens if the Bricklink part ID's don't line up with the database. I'll need to put a friendlier error on this, but the only way to fix it is to do a database update.

Seems if you click on an element, the pop up on bottom covers the text and makes it hard to read the message. The workaround is to click an empty area to the right side to deselect the element to clear the pop up box. I suspect it's due to Window's feature as I saw this often when Windows 7 first came out, in Display there's an option to make text and stuff bigger. I usually have mine set to 125% because otherwise the desktop icons would end up too small:

Damn. I will see about fixing this in the next version.

tiny_zps53a69644.jpg

:)

Hi, thanks for this tool.

I'm just starting and I can't seem to... do anything. All the menu options are greyed out except for "View report" - I can't import any wanted list or anything! Is there something I'm missing?

I'm just starting and I can't seem to... do anything. All the menu options are greyed out except for "View report" - I can't import any wanted list or anything! Is there something I'm missing?

This probably means it can't download the database.

Make sure the two folders, x86 and amd64 are extracted to the same folder with the exe.

0.95.3 doesn't do anything after starting up, not even the 'loading' text. I guess it's having trouble connecting to the online database. 0.95.2 starts with no problems.

Did you make sure the two folders, x86 and amd64, are extracted with the exe?

Yes, the two folders are there. I even tried copying the 0.95.3 exe into the 0.95.2 folder, in case the x86/amd64 folders are corrupt, but it still doesn't do anything. It doesn't even show the 'Loading...' text like with 0.95.2.