Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Well 99 Euros is $129.99 which seems like a possible UCS X-Wing

99 Euro would mean around 99 usd (considering lego is much cheaper in US) which is way too low for UCS.

'GRogall' what do you know ? :devil:

Red Leader eh ? Perhaps it's another minifig scale X-wing but maybe support crew and equipment ? :wink:

Only the 'GRogall' knows ! :laugh:

10xxx would suggest UCS, but 99 euro isn't much different from the current X-Wing RRP, so perhaps a playset with support staff and loading gantry etc?

Would the set # identify it as a UCS set?

not necessarily... 10188 Death Star playset isnt technically classed as a UCS, however I think we need to mob Grogall for more information! That bit of info is such a tease :-p

ps. Thank you very much Smokebelch, very good to know!

Edited by Fuppylodders

Now I wonder if Red Leader will be Wedge from the Battle of Endor (could be a better seller than Garven Dreis who got killed). And knowing Lego's love of including extra mini-figures, possibly some characters from the briefing scene that need to be made or updated.

Now I wonder if Red Leader will be Wedge from the Battle of Endor (could be a better seller than Garven Dreis who got killed). And knowing Lego's love of including extra mini-figures, possibly some characters from the briefing scene that need to be made or updated.

It makes sense with ROTJ's anniversary coming up. Plus ROTJ does have a lot more characters to pick from. Wedge, General Lando, Mon Mothma and Crix Madine all need updates to the pupil faces, and we still haven't gotten minifigures of Home One Leia, Nien Numb or Prune Face yet.

I'm to suprised that lego would make another X-Wing, It's been 13 years since the last one, though I do think there should be more attention towards PT vechicals in the future. I have a strong feeling this one will be released close to the same time the UCS R2-D2 was released last year, to indicate that lego is trying to seperate the UCS sets out. Hopefully we'll get news of the other Lego Exclusive set around the same time we got information about the UCS B-Wing.

By the way, didn't the Yoda Chronicles start today. If it did, could someone who has seen it inform us if JEK-14's Sealth Starfighter is seen.

Pretty interesting discussion going on here about the UCS X-wing. It would certainly make sense for LEGO to remake a UCS X-wing since the last one was released in 1999 (The first UCS set ever I believe) and it would sell very well because of its iconic appeal. The price tag of $99-$129 also would help the cause as that makes it much more affordable.

OK baring in mind the price of the previous X-Wing... and now bare in mind the price of the UCS B-Wing, and look at THAT price, the price of today. How on earth can anyone expect it to be a UCS X-Wing? Grogall only stated its 10xxx number, and 'Red Leader X-wing'. $99 is just faaaarrr too cheap for todays prices to expect anythign of an updated same size UCS version.

I would NOT expect in ANY way that it is anything similar in size to the previous UCS X-Wing purely based on that alone. I can only expect that it could be perhaps some sort of either mid sized X-Wing between a system set and the old UCS X-Wing, or perhaps an X-Wing of system set size, with a pretty decent 'hangar base' around it.

Forgot to mention... just look at the 'UCS Naboo N-1'...

Edited by Fuppylodders

By the way, didn't the Yoda Chronicles start today. If it did, could someone who has seen it inform us if JEK-14's Sealth Starfighter is seen.

The blog on the Lego SW site says that the premier has been delayed a week, until next Friday (Jan. 11).

Anyone saying Wedge was Red Leader during The Battle of Endor needs to go watch the movie again. Wedge was Rogue Leader during The Battle of Endor.

Sorry i stand corrected i was thinking of a few EU battles. Wedge was Red Leader during the battle of Endor, and was later Rogue Leader during 4 ABY, 6.5-7 ABY.

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

How much was the previous UCS X-Wing?

I like lightningtiger's idea though..

The original went for $150, had 1,300 pieces, and was released in 2000 (Had one figure)

Again, $130 (from 99 euros) or somewhere around that might make sense for a UCS

Anyone saying Wedge was Red Leader during The Battle of Endor needs to go watch the movie again. Wedge was Rouge Leader during The Battle of Endor.

There has been a lot of Red Leaders....Garven Dreis, who was killed by Vader in A New Hope, Luke and yes, Wedge.....so I guess it could be Garven Dreis if it's minifig scale.

It helps if you tell were you live in your profile. :)

in uk

The new Argos catalogue will be out mid to late Jan, they will have most of the new sets in them/ for sale on the Saturday the catalogue launches.

I thought Argos wasn't going to be doing any more catalogues they are mostly internet based now.

Okay, so someone at product selection at Lego are tripping again.......we have an Ep.II, Ep.5 and Ep.6 set in one pack.....oh, boy....they don't fit together do they....would have been better if they were all CW.