Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Toyfair 2007 Bionicle Set Images

Ha. Gadunka's mouth is opened too wide in that pic.

Do you know what I laugh at? GregF. he made Gadunka the new guardian of the Mask of Life. :-D How stupid is that?

Not stupid at all. That thing is a...monster.

Shakar

Greg writes the books and the comics, which encompass most of the detail of the story. The decision to make Gadunka a guardian is a plot point that the whole story team would have decided, Greg didn't just come up with it on a whim. Honestly, just because there's a lot of anti-Greg sentiment around doesn't mean you have to fish for reasons to demean him.

Greg writes the books and the comics, which encompass most of the detail of the story. The decision to make Gadunka a guardian is a plot point that the whole story team would have decided, Greg didn't just come up with it on a whim. Honestly, just because there's a lot of anti-Greg sentiment around doesn't mean you have to fish for reasons to demean him.

Fish. Man, do I hate 2007.

He's right, you know. If you're going to bash Greg, do it with good reason, or in style.

I think the only stupid thing about it is that the guy's name is Gadunka. Cartoon sound effect, anyone?

Fish. Man, do I hate 2007.

He's right, you know. If you're going to bash Greg, do it with good reason, or in style.

I think the only stupid thing about it is that the guy's name is Gadunka. Cartoon sound effect, anyone?

Yup, but still, size and power keep up for the name.

Honestly, just because there's a lot of anti-Greg sentiment around doesn't mean you have to fish for reasons to demean him.

THANK YOU. Credit where credit's due.

That's how OJ Simpson got off... because even though there was stacks of evidence and his blood all over the crime scene, the cop(s) involved were blatant racists who were caught tampering to make the scene worse.

Beating someone up where they deserve it=OK.

Beating someone up where they don't deserve it= They become a martyr.

Credit where credit's due, credit where credit's due...

How very Megabloks!

Bah, how very Lego Throwbot. Even if it was a honest to goodness ripoff... we're talkin' Megablocks here. Their whole deal was made from ripping off others.

Ha. Gadunka's mouth is opened too wide in that pic.

Do you know what I laugh at? GregF. he made Gadunka the new guardian of the Mask of Life. :-D How stupid is that?

-ZotS

Really? I thought that Maxilos and Spinax were the guardians, and Hydraxxon was with the Mahri and Gadunka was with the Barraki. Could someone fill me in on good guy/ bad guy stats for the titans?

Really? I thought that Maxilos and Spinax were the guardians, and Hydraxxon was with the Mahri and Gadunka was with the Barraki. Could someone fill me in on good guy/ bad guy stats for the titans?

Gadunka:new mask of light guardian

Hydraxon:the Pits jailer(I think hes on the Mahri's side)

Maxilos&Spinax:Maxilos is a guard robot, who helped Hydraxon with Pit jailing, but got invaded by an evil inteligence(not Makuta, so he's on the Barraki's side probbally)and he has his energy hound Spinax.

Actually, no, Gadunka is not a guardian of the Mask of Life -- as Greg said, these press kit descriptions are written by people who know as much about Bionicle as the average BZP'er (paraphrasin' here).

And Makuta is said to return in the BL7 description on Schloastic's website -- combine that with the fact that Greg has hinted that Makuta will get a new body this year, fighting Karzahni and all... and you know who the evil spirit inside Maxilos is. :-|

-Ikk

BZP has new (well, the Mahri poses aren't new, but still), very high quality pics of the summer sets.

I'm liking the Titans even more now. Hydraxon is very nice, except the silly Cordak launcher. He's got quite a lot of weapons, too. Gadunka is sweet; tough I find silly how he has a squid launcher. Also, it seems like the Inika shoulder pieces on his upper legs aren't solid blue like on the other pics, but they're two toned: dark blue and GITD blue (the same colour found on his headpiece, Takadox and Nocturn). Maxilos and Spinax are looking better than ever, IMO. Maxilos, with a few modifications, can be turned into a more poseable version of the 2003 Makuta set (afterall, although not confirmed, we're pretty sure he's possessed by him, right?). Spinax, like Takanuva, Lhikan and Vezon in the past years, could be a really good canister set.

Regarding the Mahri, Hahli and Jaller are great, Hewkii and Matoro are quite good, Kongu and Nuparu are....boring.....

EDIT: Just noticed it! Hahli's Inika shoulder pieces also are two toned, but dark blue-trans blue (like her mask "eyepiece" that other Mahri also include) this time.

Shakar

I saw the pics as well.

Shakar, though, it is unknown whether or not Gadunka will have a squid launcher. The version shown at ToyFair has the plain blue Hahli Inika armor, and no squid launcher. However, the Press Kit says that Gadunka comes with extra squid ammo. These pics further that. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hydraxon is looking really nice with all those weapons. Although I somewhat dislike the Cordak blaster, I must say that it looks the best on him. Maxilos may have a hollow body, but he's still dang cool.

VK

Wow, now we have better pictures than the toyfair pics, i can say i really like jaller. His crab is so cute, his sword is cool and so is his mask. I also like hewkii, his head design is nice, it's newness, my, BZP is currently very slow....

Comments on the others in a min

Right- here we go:

Kongu- my first excitement has gone, looks an oka set, but not a fan of the two cordak weapons, why not have a diffrent weapon?

Jaller- very nice set, really like him, first toa i am going to get.

Hewkii- Okay, now i *wub* this set. Love his weapons, colour, head design,everythnig, another mahri i am getting

Nuparu- Uhh- Nice colour, horrible mask, weird weapon, don't like *n*

Hahli- Interesting, nice wings, very detailed, even though one of the best water toas that i can remember, i probably won't get

Matoro- Nice, too small a pic to say, his mask looks a bit strange, his weapons look a bit stumpy, but i like this set.

At the moment it's Jaller, Hewkii and Matoro that i may get

Wow, now we have better pictures than the toyfair pics, i can say i really like jaller. His crab is so cute, his sword is cool and so is his mask. I also like hewkii, his head design is nice, it's newness, my, BZP is currently very slow....

Comments on the others in a min

Right- here we go:

Kongu- my first excitement has gone, looks an oka set, but not a fan of the two cordak weapons, why not have a diffrent weapon?

Jaller- very nice set, really like him, first toa i am going to get.

Hewkii- Okay, now i *wub* this set. Love his weapons, colour, head design,everythnig, another mahri i am getting

Nuparu- Uhh- Nice colour, horrible mask, weird weapon, don't like *n*

Hahli- Interesting, nice wings, very detailed, even though one of the best water toas that i can remember, i probably won't get

Matoro- Nice, too small a pic to say, his mask looks a bit strange, his weapons look a bit stumpy, but i like this set.

At the moment it's Jaller, Hewkii and Matoro that i may get

Strange... those were the ones I wanted to get...

Wow, forget my last post in this thread, I think these are really good! It just shows how bad poses can ruin things. I will buy AT LEAST one mahri and one titan, but probably no playsets.

Darkness falls- Well yeah- they are the best ones! Hewkii- never thought i'd say this with the shambles (IMO) inika set they put together last year, looks mighty impressive. Nuparu sadyl has gone the oposite way, love him as the Inika- still do, but hate his mahri look.

That's what we have just been talking about, ZOTS. ;-)

Jaller and Hewkii look much, much better in new poses.

Okay, I have decided. I will buy Hewkii, and a gadunka( or 2!).

Iagree about the new poses. They are much better.

I'm definitely getting Gadunka as well, and Hydraxon. Both of them have amazing builds and look great. My only dilemma is Maxilos and Spinax. They look great, but Maxilos is basically constructed out of two pistons and two ball joints, with no real body. I'm wondering how stable his arms can be, if they're only held up by pistons and a Rahkshi arm. What do you guys think? Stability or not? Spinax, on the other hand, is a marvelous four-legged Rahi, really a great combination of Ehlek spines and Bordakh staff from 2004.

As for the Mahri, my opinion is still undecided on Matoro. (I loved his Inika form, best of them all.) I can't over the thigh armor, the Toa Metru arm (which I hate) and the large tube on his back. But I really like that mask and body.

Right now, I'm liking Hahli, Hewkii, and Jaller. Jaller is a definite buy, so we'll see about how Hahli and Hewkii fare versus Matoro.

VK