F0NIX

MOD: Haunted House

Here is my modification of the original LEGO set #10228 Haunted House.

Started building yesterday evening around 20:00 and was finished with it around 5 in the morning :)

But I have planned this in my head for some weeks now.

The house is built up from scratch on a 32x32 baseplate and is in mudule house standard. But I have tried to keep the style from the original. I had to use some extra parts for this so you can not build this just from the parts in the original set. As you see there is a lot of windows in the top floor, that is because I dont have more of those steep slopes that came with this set, actually I only have one of those bricks left after I was finished wit this building :)

On the first floor there are little interior, only the fireplace and a stair up to second floor. And there is a little room under the stair. This floor was intended to look like an abandoned shop.

On the second floor I put in the stove, cabinet, bed, tables and some other small stuff from the original.

There are no interior on the top flor except the shelfs along the walls like on the orignal and the genius folding ladder from the original. But you can't lift of the roof on the top floor so there was no point of having any details up there.

8562178756_b84e5efe1a.jpg 8561075343_9e32c63527.jpg

Edited by F0NIX

I quite like what you've done there - I'm planning on converting mine into something similar, but with a little twist. Sadly, it's still sitting in its box - I need to make some time to do it properly. I'll probably end up doing the same as you: Spend a whole night :)

Great job! I have a second HH still sitting in the box that I have been planning to do this with also.

I really like what you have done, I was wondering when a modular HH would show up (is this the first on EB?)

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Nice job. It makes a nicely proportioned house when modularised.

I'm on the lookout for a haunted house and I plan on modding it straight away. My plan is to build it as it was before it became run down and haunted.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Thank you for the comments.

Andy D: I dont think this is the first one. But I think this is the first that is truly in the modular style since it is the same size (except for the porch in front) and where each floor can be lifted off.

Here is a picture of the modified Haunted House togheter with Town Hall and Pet Shop. Bear in mind that my modification also rised the house with one brick in the first floor vs the original.

8564125203_0539034739.jpg

It is one of the first and one of the best, if not the best so far. We want to do this this year as well.

HH has a great potential for modification, and you did a great job. The building looks nice as it is, however I'd prefer to see it as it was before it became haunted (fixed windows and facade).

HH has a great potential for modification, and you did a great job. The building looks nice as it is, however I'd prefer to see it as it was before it became haunted (fixed windows and facade).

Good idea, and it would not be too hard. It seems that all one woukd have to do is fix the shutters, not board up the windows, not place the cobwebs and broken windows stickers, and maybe, maybe do something about he zombie heads on the front porch.

This haunted modular is nice, but a before haunting would also be nice.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D