Electricsteam

(Moc/Wip) Es co. Goliath Pneumatic Locomotive

This is the Es co. Goliath Pneumatic Locomotive!

Even though it is not complete it will be eventually!

zrgZ2X1.jpg

4da26hi.jpg

DPuYMIL.jpg

I would love some feedback on how I could add more detail! :laugh:

The current Line-Up of the Es co. Pneumatic Locomotives are!

1. Es co. I will tell the story of the first locomotive later.

2. Es co. Behemoth Locomotive

3. Es co. Goliath Locomotive

4. Es co. Colossus Locomotive (the name for the next locomotive)

Edited by Electricsteam

Wow, - that is quite some loco ES.

Yup, the only thing that is holding me back is the people on the Technic side of Eurobricks are checking my blueprints and waiting for more feed back!

I really wanna tell the story of the first Es co. pneumatic locomotive but I must wait!

Looks very promising. If you can somehow can change how far it breaks out in the curve, it would be even better.

(Have the top part rotate on top of the bottom)

Looks very promising. If you can somehow can change how far it breaks out in the curve, it would be even better.

(Have the top part rotate on top of the bottom)

What? It hangs above so far because its a fixed to the Locomotive like most Steam Locomotives, It handels the hanging boiler very well on a 0% gradient curve.

I would try to give it another set of drivers forward of the rest. Its too big of a gap IMO. Cant wait for completion.

This is going to be a huge engine once you finish it. More importantly though I think will be seeing a real locomotive actually pneumatic in its power plant running. It is all well and good seeing a cobbled together load of pipes and bits stuttering forwards to test the concept, but a fully working loco model will be worth seeing, so you will have to post a video!

This is going to be a huge engine once you finish it. More importantly though I think will be seeing a real locomotive actually pneumatic in its power plant running. It is all well and good seeing a cobbled together load of pipes and bits stuttering forwards to test the concept, but a fully working loco model will be worth seeing, so you will have to post a video!

The Engine is the easy part the real hard part is trying to fit a maze a pneumatic hoses and switches for the reverse switch in the tender.

Also if Lego Locomotives where scaled more to the minifig size from real size this locomotive would be a smaller locomotive compared to others if we used the 8/10 wide scale.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Nice part usage for the grab irons on the boiler. Haha. Hiding in plain sight!

You're right! I wanted to hide he pneumatic tubeing at the pipes and other things that are normaly on a boiler! And I think its time for me to tell the story of the Es co. Mondo Pneumatic Locomotive. The Es. co. Mondo locomotive was the first pneumatic locomotive I ever built, it was a 0-8-0 and it was very ugly .... it had all of the pneumatic tubing ouside of the locomotive and there are no pictures of this locomotive , only some eyewitness discriptions for RichLUG.

Ok I have finished the boiler and the cab but I have not built the smoke stack or the steam dome or any extra details.

I will post some pictures once I finish the details!

That's a seriously business-like loco ES.

I can't decide if I should go with Freight or Passenger! :wacko:

What do you think?

Also I was thinking about haveing a large technic gear connected inside to the middle axel to be used for a rack railway , or maybe I should save that for the next pneumatic locomotive. :wink:

Edited by Electricsteam

With the large diameter driving wheels your Goliath loco is pretty much in the passenger haulage camp ES. The rack railway idea is a good one, but I think it might be best to save that for your next loco rather than attempt too many things at once on this one.

With the large diameter driving wheels your Goliath loco is pretty much in the passenger haulage camp ES. The rack railway idea is a good one, but I think it might be best to save that for your next loco rather than attempt too many things at once on this one.

Yea... I think the rack railway probably will only work with pneumatics and not Lego motors... anyways time to start designing passenger coaches!

This may be silly but I think this explains what my locomotive is modeled to look like.

The locomotive is modeled to look like if this locomotive

aR1bv9D.png

ate this locomotive.

07gog13.png

And I am going to start to work on the tender of the locomotive today.

Don't think I've seen what the tender looks like now?

Errr... About an 8x22 platform at the moment... Also when the locomotive is finished I plan to take 35mm B&W Pictures of it compared to the Chesapeake and Ohio Steam Locomotive at the Science Museum of Virginia!