Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

Tycho Suspended Bridge Train

8529873142_c98dbb80a4_z.jpg

The Tycho fault line runs for 26k kilometres along the surface of New Odin like a giant scar. This tectonic fault line is New Odin’s most seismically active region, with almost daily quakes averaging 5.76 on the adjusted Richter Scale. Straddling the either sides the Tycho are the twin colonies: Minerva and Athena. Due to the off axis spin of New Odin, these two colonies are strategically placed – Minerva the closest point towards the sun and Athena on the equator.

8529922134_f4c68cab8d.jpg

The Tycho Suspended bridge (TSB) connects Minerva and Athena allowing people and materials to move between cities quickly without the use of the low orbit transports. The TSB was the colonist’s solution to establishing a secure link between colonies during seismic events.

Using Magnetic Levitation principals the Eddy Current generators create a strong enough magnetic field to suspend the entire bridge even during a tectonic shift.

8528763983_d77a9d8557.jpg

The Hensel V Magnetic Levitation train (HVML) is the transportation work horse of New Odin. The fifth iteration of the cross colony locomotive, the HVML uses the same MagLev technology applied laterally to levitate the train and glide it between destinations. The HVML is equipped with heavy shield against radiation with the majority of passengers and cargo safely stowed in the interior. Radiation insensitive or dangerous materials will be stored.

--

Yes. It's a floating bridge AND floating train supported by LEGO Magnets.

Yes. It did happen.

--

Also counts for No Grativy category on MOCAthalon

This looks great! Another great moc! Glad you can find time to do some MOCs unlike me. :blush:

Brilliant Si! the train has a cool name no? :wink:

good luck in MOCathlon :tongue:

Awesome work Si :thumbup: :thumbup: I loe the style and the technics of the magnets you use :wub_drool: :wub_drool: I see your MOC firstly on TheBrotherBricks and I was really impressed by your work, good luck for the contest :wink:

Superb look and cool description of technologies. I also like the usage of modulex (maybe nanobricks I can't understand the difference.) bricks.

I don't think he used anything besides "real" LEGO. Those magnets are from old space sets (well, they were available in a few other lines).

AWESOME and impressive creation.....now that's applying science isn't it eh ? :grin:

Good luck and Brick On 'Si-MOC's' ! :grin:

Awesooome! :O I always wanted to test the magnets like that,now the only thing left to do is to make it move :laugh: .A lovely microbuild!