GRogall

Winter Village 10235 Winter Village Market

I built mine yesterday and ended up with two 2x2 tan bricks as extras and I cant figure out where they go.

I built the merry go round yesterday and it was a fun build. I did have the same problem mentioned earlier so I have to wait for a new axle to come from Lego to completely finish it.

This is a really beautiful set - and it put the Winter Village line on my radar (having just now come out of my Dark Ages). I'll have to talk to the Missus and see if we can find a display table during Christmas and start a little tradition . . .

Ragnar

I'm still working on the Mrs after 4 years of collecting the WV... She's digging her heels in, but I WILL overcome! :wink:

Edited by BrickBloke

I'm still working on the Mrs after 4 years of collecting the WV... She's digging her heels in, but I WILL overcome! :wink:

I started small in 2006 with a modest request to run a loop of track around the base of our Christmas tree for a holiday themed train I built. Then each year more and more buildings stared cropping up. Now it takes longer to set up the winter village under the tree than it does to decorate the tree itself. Presents get piled against the wall on either side as there's no room for them under the tree anymore.

My sweet wife is a lovely and very understanding woman :sweet:

Personally, I like how this set fits in with other themes quite well. Since it doesn't have a building, you can add it to a modular street/town scene. It also has a huge range of parts that you can use in MOCs (dblue arches!!).

I think it makes sense to break up themes every couple of years, gives some more variety to the WV theme. I can certainly see how it would be an issue if they made these 'collection' sets more often, you need the larger buildings to develop the theme. But, these multi part sets help add a lot to an existing WV theme or another town/modular setup.

I'll buy it ... (it’s my wife personal collection!) but I’m quite reluctant about the price!

I just bought the WV Cottage for 84.99 € (I sent it to my mother in law's house - France); so paying more 15 € to buy a set with less 229 pieces and definitely less "wow factor" is hard!

At first, when I saw that it would be launch a set called WV Market, I thought it would be something like a farmers’ market. When I saw the image of the set, I made a research and realize that it would be inspired by Christmas markets in Germany (like a fair), so it made more sense.

The Christmas spirit in these markets is brought by a huge amount of fairy lights and Christmassy decor, but in this set there’s not even one light brick… I would definitely have put some LED lights.

I also think that there are not enough stands and that they lack consistency.

So it’s difficult to justify why 99,99€!

These sets are getting really expensive!

Edited by agadoijo

I ordered one today on the dutch Lego SAH site. It said that the shipping date would be 31 october, but i just got a mail that it will be delivered tomorrow 18 october.... strange but welcome!! And the Christmas Tree Stand will come with it as well.. so that is nice too! (And double VIP points....)

I ordered one today on the dutch Lego SAH site. It said that the shipping date would be 31 october, but i just got a mail that it will be delivered tomorrow 18 october.... strange but welcome!! And the Christmas Tree Stand will come with it as well.. so that is nice too! (And double VIP points....)

Oh! Thank you for that information, because I have the Winter Village Marked in my shoppingbag and it also says 31th here - well.. we shop the same place ;)

I think I wil order it now.

Oh! Thank you for that information, because I have the Winter Village Marked in my shoppingbag and it also says 31th here - well.. we shop the same place ;)

I think I wil order it now.

My Winter Village Market will be sent from a Dutch location...guess they have some in stock... can't imagine though they will sent it to Denmark from Holland... :sceptic: Hope you will get yours soon and you will have a mail with:

Your LEGO® Order has Shipped‏ :laugh:

By the way, i just checked the Lego SH site and the Dutch Region shows that it is available now.. apparently i ordered when they were busy piling up new Winter Village boxes in the magazine... !! And for Denmark it is available again as well....so.. you will get it within days and not in November...!!

Edited by LegoSjaak

@LegoSjaak nad @Te Player N1

Did you get any confirmation mail after you had finished the order?

(I made the order last night)

Edited by Chocolatecake

I've made my order 3/4 days ago, and I've received an email saying that the product wasn't in stock. However I didn't get an email saying that it was shipped, yet.

Has anyone tried to motorize the carousel? I've never messed with motors before for lego and was looking for an easy way to attach the power functions m motor. Was thinking about using a shorter version of the axel that protrudes through the roof and placing the motor vertically on top. I'm unsure of the torque the motor produces and how much support it needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've made my order 3/4 days ago, and I've received an email saying that the product wasn't in stock. However I didn't get an email saying that it was shipped, yet.

I received an e-mail with the track and trace number last night, so they'll ship the packet on monday.

Just a note for those worried about the issue earlier with one of the technic plates not being able to click in fully: I'm not sure that it's actually a design flaw as once you put the long dark blue tile over the top in the next step it stays down fine, it hadn't popped after hours and took no extra effort to place on top. Maybe this just holds the technic rod/pin belwo in the exact right position rather than slightly on a stud or something.

Has anyone tried to motorize the carousel? I've never messed with motors before for lego and was looking for an easy way to attach the power functions m motor. Was thinking about using a shorter version of the axel that protrudes through the roof and placing the motor vertically on top. I'm unsure of the torque the motor produces and how much support it needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a motorised one on Rebrickable.

Just a note for those worried about the issue earlier with one of the technic plates not being able to click in fully: I'm not sure that it's actually a design flaw as once you put the long dark blue tile over the top in the next step it stays down fine, it hadn't popped after hours and took no extra effort to place on top. Maybe this just holds the technic rod/pin belwo in the exact right position rather than slightly on a stud or something.

I still don't think they really intended to have the technic plate bend once put on. It bugged me enough that I requested the short axle to replace it. They sent it to me and it's been perfect ever since. You can just go on Lego's website and say that the piece was missing if you don't want to call in.

I still don't think they really intended to have the technic plate bend once put on. It bugged me enough that I requested the short axle to replace it. They sent it to me and it's been perfect ever since. You can just go on Lego's website and say that the piece was missing if you don't want to call in.

My apologies, you are 100% correct. I went back and looked at mine and there is a definite bend to the technic plate, something I don't want in my sets.

I ordered mine on the 15th or whenever was the first day of double points, but I only recently built it. I did not have the same problem add others and everything fit like it was supposed to. If be surprised if they corrected the issue that quickly in the sets, but it is possible not all of them were dysfunctional? I just found it odd that mine fit okay without stress on the bricks not long after when others would have the issue.

As far as the hesitation on buying it, I would recommend this set to everyone. It is beautiful once built. The wow factor is in the size of the carousel since it sits taller/just as tall as the cottage. My daughter loves it and had played with it daily since building it. I won't buy another one, but if I win the contest, I'd surely pick this set again.

I ordered mine on the 15th or whenever was the first day of double points, but I only recently built it. I did not have the same problem add others and everything fit like it was supposed to. If be surprised if they corrected the issue that quickly in the sets, but it is possible not all of them were dysfunctional? I just found it odd that mine fit okay without stress on the bricks not long after when others would have the issue.

I'd be interested to see what's causing the issue: the length of the axle with stop perhaps? Maybe they changed the mold of one of the parts involved and some batches got pieces from the old mold still.

So far i have built the stalls of this winterset, only the merry go round is left... and so far i'm rather disappointed... although there are used not so common colors, i simply cannot see how this set should cost so much.. I've never been so disappointed before.. if i could return it, even after opening the bags, i would... The 100 euros is way, wáy too much.. Luckily i got a free Christmas tree stand, which i could sell for 22,50 euros, and i got 10 euros off for VIP, so that made it a little bit less expensive.. but still it is too expensive.. I have over 250 Lego sets, 90.000 parts, and this is really the first that i'm negative on... maybe it will get better after i've built the merry go round, but i can hardly imagine that.. the set stays tiny.....even more in comparison with last years cottage.... I love Lego, but i had to share this as well, after posting almost only positive posts...... Greetz, LegoSjaak

So far i have built the stalls of this winterset, only the merry go round is left... and so far i'm rather disappointed... although there are used not so common colors, i simply cannot see how this set should cost so much.. I've never been so disappointed before.. if i could return it, even after opening the bags, i would... The 100 euros is way, wáy too much.. Luckily i got a free Christmas tree stand, which i could sell for 22,50 euros, and i got 10 euros off for VIP, so that made it a little bit less expensive.. but still it is too expensive.. I have over 250 Lego sets, 90.000 parts, and this is really the first that i'm negative on... maybe it will get better after i've built the merry go round, but i can hardly imagine that.. the set stays tiny.....even more in comparison with last years cottage.... I love Lego, but i had to share this as well, after posting almost only positive posts...... Greetz, LegoSjaak

The Carousel really is the center piece of this set. It's as large as some of the early buildings in this series and in my opinion makes this set worth it. The other pieces are just side pieces to complete the display.

The Carousel really is the center piece of this set. It's as large as some of the early buildings in this series and in my opinion makes this set worth it. The other pieces are just side pieces to complete the display.

I hope i will experience this as well....wait and see.. hope to put the carousel together in the coming days.....

Greetz, LegoSjaak