Edwin Korstanje

Finnisht MOC RPA 15 a ship from the Port of Rotterdam

@ VFracingteam: It must be very satisfying to actually to board the real ship, and know that the crew likes your model so much! :thumbup:

@ VFracingteam: It must be very satisfying to actually to board the real ship, and know that the crew likes your model so much! :thumbup:

The crew whas so proud to see their ship in a model and then it whas more special for them because they have never seen something like this in Lego.

Today i got a tour and trip as thanks for building the RPA 15 model on the real one.

Olso i bring the model with me and captian and crew loved it.

Here are some photo's off today.

Greets Edwin.

:thumbup:

Wow!!! It was totally worth it. Congrats ! :classic:

That is really great! Seeing the bottom pictures makes me want to go back out to sea!:-) good thing they took you out a bit further than just the inner harbour area;-)

Next project should be a detailed model of the international space station! Then contact ESA, to see if they will send you into space, along with a huge Lego model!! Imagine seeing a picture of a model ISS floating in space next to the real thing!:-D

Joking aside; you should be really proud of your creation! Hope you won't have to take it apart for parts for your next project! (ISS)

That is really great! Seeing the bottom pictures makes me want to go back out to sea!:-) good thing they took you out a bit further than just the inner harbour area;-)

Next project should be a detailed model of the international space station! Then contact ESA, to see if they will send you into space, along with a huge Lego model!! Imagine seeing a picture of a model ISS floating in space next to the real thing!:-D

Joking aside; you should be really proud of your creation! Hope you won't have to take it apart for parts for your next project! (ISS)

Best D3K,

you have right, that the best off the trip whas out off the sea, the canon's whas spectacular and the docking off the 325 meter containerschip whas great,olso the harbour tour, but to go offshore, that whas the best :grin:

Do you have all already seen mine new moc!?

It's one off the engine's off the ship and is for me new because it's studded.

v12_caterpillar_logo_10_1.jpg

v12_caterpillar_logo_50_1.jpg

v12_caterpillar_logo_20_1.jpg

v12_caterpillar_logo_40_1.jpg

v12_caterpillar_logo_30_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

I have great news from mine RPA 15,

The ship stays forever togehter :grin: , only the sad news is that it is sold.

The owner off the real ship is now olso the new proud owner of the model and they gona be jused it for a lot of PR work and shows and events.

It's now standing at their big headquarter, but not for long and go's too a lot off events this year.

Now i must fil up mine 28000 missing parts, but thats no problem and can do a lot off shopping :laugh: .

I think mine next moc must be a bigger one :wink:

A lot off greatings Edwin.

Headquarter of the Port of Rotterdam

109_0978_1.jpg

109_0982_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Congratulations!

Seeing the size of their HQ, they probably could afford it with good margins!

Still, I imagine the best must be knowing the model was so good, that they took so much interest and liked the model so much they ended up buying it! :thumbup:

Congratulations!

Seeing the size of their HQ, they probably could afford it with good margins!

Still, I imagine the best must be knowing the model was so good, that they took so much interest and liked the model so much they ended up buying it! :thumbup:

You have complete right D3K that they can afford it, but it's tax money and they must spent it carfully :wink: .

The Port of Rotterdam loved the model so much that they have so many PR idea's for it that it is a bargain.

It gives me so good feeling that the complete top of the direction whas directly sold off it and where fighting who get it first at their office :laugh:

You must feel very honored that such a big company actually liked it so much that they're having a fight for who gets to have it on his office.

Give a big boy a toy :grin: and you now what they do .... :wink:

Wow! It must feel really good to have the actual owner buy it off of you, any model of yours should be showcased anywhere :tongue:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price they bought it off of you for?

BTW i can't wait for your new MOC after this :thumbup:

Congrats! They should now encase it on glass/acrylic display case to avoid having dust :thumbup:

Congrats! They should now encase it on glass/acrylic display case to avoid having dust :thumbup:

They are already making a Acrylic display for it, not only for the dust but more for the many hands en vingers that want touch it :laugh:

Looking better than ever!

Those small cat stickers really makes a difference!:-)