Toy's R Us normally does have a slight lead time built into their contracts with TLG. I'm guessing it might be around 2 weeks. This probably does vary with Licensed sets however, which are often governed by hard street dates. And my local Lego store manager confirmed the Lego stores will have Ninjago, The Hobbit and new City sets out on Dec 1. So we may start seeing them at TRU any day now.

New music has kind of a Daft Punk Tron type feel to it. Not bad.

Thanks for the info, its much appreciated :sweet: Now I can dot a date on the calendar to go Ninjago hunting. That's what I was thinking too, Tron legacy.

Glad to see that since the last half of Season 3 they've been taking a more LEGO-y approach to the stuff in the show.

Glad to see that since the last half of Season 3 they've been taking a more LEGO-y approach to the stuff in the show.

What do you mean about that? From what I've seen the scenery and props in the show are still slightly stylized, as they've always been.

What do you mean about that? From what I've seen the scenery and props in the show are still slightly stylized, as they've always been.

I believe he was referring to the improvement of animation in the newest season. The past two seasons were very stylized with a few resemblance to the actual sets and minifigs, as were this season's character models contain much more texture, similar to that of the sets.

No, I mean, for instance, compare the Golden mech to its set version. While still a huge amount of differences, it's closer to the set aesthetics than, say, the Storm Fighter, the Bounty etc. Cyrus' chair is almost an exact replica of the set version, and heck even some of the stuff from season 3 that WASN'T released was designed closer to an actual set design than in the past, mainly the Stone Army's drill and saw blade vehicles. Even the Megaweapon seemed to be designed with a set approach in mind.

EDIT: Also, they've always had a fair amount of texture on the 'figs, if anything removing it would be closer to the actual designs.

Edited by JayWalker

I definitely agree with you on the designs for the vehicles being aimed for production as a set. On the figs, its true that their animated models had texture(clothes, weapons etc.), without a doubt. What I was referring to was the grainy texture you see in Cole's torso at the end of the trailer, and Over-borgs spider chair being almost exactly the same as the set counterpart, with the exception of the screen with eyes. The amount of detail in texture(Cole's torso, Overborg, smoky city etc.) are quite the visual improvements and appear to be almost on a-par with Legends of Chima.

Well, actually, that grainy texture is meant to be chrome, uneven chrome at that. In the sets it's just straight up gray. And I have said twice now about Cyrus' chair being almost identical to the set version. Anyway, I would advise we move the conversation of the TV show to the TV show thread in the Culture and Multimedia forum before this thread gets too spammy.

Alrighty lets get this conversation back to the sets shall we :) It appears this wave has the most exclusive figs, since the ninja and supporting characters have all new and personal torso designs, not to mention the variety of hair pieces.

Just because of the inclusion of hair pieces does not make this line more "exclusive". Different colored hoods can still be exclusive to certain minifigs, even if the part is not even new. Eg, 2013 wave

Perhaps the term exclusive wasn't as precise, what I meant is diversity, of which the 2014 ninjas do have over the 2013 line. The stone warrior era ninjas only difference were head printing and color variation. As were the 2014 ninjas all have personal and exclusive designs(color variation, torso printing, hair pieces, etc.).

Wow, I'm amazed. This is exactly what I wanted, a nindroid tank :D Its great to see that we get a zane variation and what appears to be a short nindroid, intriguing. How special is General Cryptor that he gets thrown into three sets now. Well aside from the figs, the set itself is nice, a bit thrown together in design but nice functions. Either way I love the concept of a mech/tank vehicle. This set has definitely put all on my focus on collecting Ninjago now. Thanks for the uploads :)

Edited by Merc4hire95

This is pretty nice - however, what's up with the circular part on the front? Not the spinner top, but just below it. :wacko:

GRogall! Where are you? :laugh:

Wow, that set is pretty boring. It looks like it's going to be $30 judging by the box size and piece count, so I'll get it for primarily for Zane, but there's some decent pieces there.

This is pretty nice - however, what's up with the circular part on the front? Not the spinner top, but just below it. :wacko:

Looks like a neat new spin (no pun intended :laugh: ) on the disc-shooting play feature we see from time to time.

Edited by just2good

Wow, that set is pretty boring. It looks like it's going to be $30 judging by the box size and piece count, so I'll get it for primarily for Zane, but there's some decent pieces there.

I'm guessing $20. But there are some people who want a cheaper Techno Robe Zane.

Looks like a neat new spin (no pun intended :laugh: ) on the disc-shooting play feature we see from time to time.

This might help

DISCSHOOTA.png

I also agree, the set is kind of... bad. These sets aren't the best of the series. Not much of a 'finale' wave.

-Sci

I don't imagine this is a finale wave. Since LEGO brought back Ninjago, I would think they would try to milk it for at least 2 years, 4 to 3 waves. From the size of the set and the 200 piece count, I'd say 20 U.S buck.

This might help

{pic}

I also agree, the set is kind of... bad. These sets aren't the best of the series. Not much of a 'finale' wave.

-Sci

Oh, that makes sense. :grin:

I doubt this is the final wave. That was this year's wave. :laugh: I have a feeling we'll get Summer 2014 sets, and we're basically guaranteed new sets up until the theatrical movie comes out to keep the brand fresh.

Right above the front bar. It looks like the firing pin is a 1xwhatever that runs the length of the interior.

EDIT: All together now!

Edited by obsidianheart

I just looked at the images... where do the discs shoot out from? :wacko:

-Sci

OLVCMVO.png

Right there. It has been done many times before, but my favorite example was with another retail exclusive, the Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck set. You load the discs through the top hole, and when you pull the part all the way in the back, the disc loads. Then, you let go and the disc shoots as it's pushed forward.