Sign in to follow this  
disab105

BIONICLE Toa

Sorry to ask this question a year too late, but what happened to the six original Toa (Nuva) and Takanuva? I heard something about Piraka trouble, but then all attention shifted to the Inika.... Where are my favorite Toa (and the Turaga, too)?

The Turaga are rebuliding on Metru Nui with the Matoran, and the Toa Nuva, after all their trials and tribulations and power gaining against the Makuta, the Bohrok, the Bohrok Kal, and the Rahkshi got utterly defeated by a single swing of Brutakas sword. *sigh* Lame writing...

That aside, the Nuva are currently off to (SPOILERS, STOP READING IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS) free the bahrag.

That aside, the Nuva are currently off to (SPOILERS, STOP READING IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS) free the bahrag.

Was that supposed to be a joke? 8-|

No, they really are off to free the Bahrag. But they're gonna take a detour to the Realm of Karzahni first (and get back the Inika's original masks, the ones the sets SHOULD have had).

That is some bad writing.... The originals will always be my favorite Toa. They intoduced the theme, and were, in my opinion, the Toa with the most developed characters. After BIONICLE revealed the whole 'thousands of Toa' thing, I got really ticked off. In the beginning, the Toa Nuva were like demigods, the story was simple, yet epic, and it all took place on a paradise island given to the Matoran by Mata-Nui.

Then, it turns out that EVERYONE in the whole universe is or was a Toa, and the whole 'legendary heroes' thing just was spoiled. The story got WAY out of hand, and suddenly Mata-Nui didn't give the Matoran the island, but they found it after Metru Nui was destroyed. BS! The GregF storyline totally contradicts almost everything the original MNOLG established. Where's Makuta? Who cares about the Bahrag, bring back the best Toa (Kopaka, Tahu, Lewa, etc). Our favorite Matoran (from MNOLG) are now, IMO, lame 'Toa,' and the whole Mask of Life thing honestly needs to end.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I just needed to get all that off my chest.

The Turaga are rebuliding on Metru Nui with the Matoran, and the Toa Nuva, after all their trials and tribulations and power gaining against the Makuta, the Bohrok, the Bohrok Kal, and the Rahkshi got utterly defeated by a single swing of Brutakas sword. *sigh* Lame writing...

Wait, why? And why do something that stupid just to get a couple masks back? (considering that's their purpose)

Man, the storyline just gets weirder and weirder. How do they expect to get through the gate to Karzahni's realm, too?

By the official storyline, Matoran were never meant to live on Mata-Nui, and thus Mata-Nui needs to be wiped clean.

I got that, the 01-03 storyline was the only one I paid attention to. But what's with the new appearance of the Bahrag?

Apparently, Botar gave the Nuva information on where they had to go next -- so while the Inika left for Mahri Nui, the Nuva are on their way to free the Bahrag, as that is vital to the grand schemes of Mata Nui and whatnot. The island is supposed to be alway barren, hence the release of the swarms. Presumably, the Nuva will pass through Karzahni on their way to the Bahrag caves, and there retrieve the Inika's masks.

Well, that's what Greg said. :-|

-Ikk

disab105, I totally agree! Glad to see someone have the same opinion. :-) And welcome to Eurobricks!

By the official storyline, Matoran were never meant to live on Mata-Nui, and thus Mata-Nui needs to be wiped clean.
Apparently, Botar gave the Nuva information on where they had to go next -- so while the Inika left for Mahri Nui, the Nuva are on their way to free the Bahrag, as that is vital to the grand schemes of Mata Nui and whatnot. The island is supposed to be alway barren, hence the release of the swarms. Presumably, the Nuva will pass through Karzahni on their way to the Bahrag caves, and there retrieve the Inika's masks.

OW. OW. OW.

Man, this is perhaps the worst storytelling I've EVER seen in my life. And for that sake, my future offspring's lives. Anyhoo, I'm totally getting Terminator 3 vibes from this. Soon enough, we'll have future-Tahu come back through time with the aid of some awesome future-Vahi to save "JON CO-HNORS". I forsee crazy retconning of everything we've come to know and love (OMGZ, ALL ISLANDZ ARE MATA-NUI'S ORGANS AND MATORAN ARE BLOOD CELLS AND TOA ARE WHITE BLOOD CELLS).

Anyhoo, why exactly do they have to pass through the Karzhini to get to the Bahrag queens? And why are they getting the Matoran masks back? Somehow, I just know this involves taking them, placing them onto the middle of the desert and by doing so, save the future and create new Toa because had the masks not been there, some massive evil wouldn't have tripped over them and consequently devestated all Matoran in the world in some massive cleansing of souls. (Because Bionicle is dark and edgy like that) But thanks to the actions of the "lowly" original 6, said massive evil beasty tripped and fell onto his own massive mace/death-ray/bazooka/sythe, hence ending evil forever.

Yes, I have low hopes for the future storyline.

But then again, this could turn out well. Perhaps in the next saga, the Toa will make a triumphant return and give the old fans what they want. Reveal them to be uber powerful beings who were truly sent by the "Great beings" to save the world. Six heroes. One destiny. And for the sake of sets, make them all "upgraded" into something between current canister sets and "titan" class to make it profitable. And new designs that match each Toa's fighting/movement style (More buff and thinly armoured for Tahu, thin frame for Gali, semi-thin but larger forearms and lower leg for Lewa, short but strong build for both Pohatu and Onua, more armoured for Kopaka).

Oops, there I go again. Gotta love daydreams! X-D Sadly enough, I'm sure GregF put in some OTHER retcon which will forever prevent the Toa from ever looking glorious in the spotlight again. (Voya Nui was a travesty. They made the Toa look like wimps)

I'd like to make a point here...(New to Eurobricks, as you can see. Some of you may recognize me from another fansite.)

The Toa Nuva still are legendary, for a number of reasons. I wanted to clear this up, as follows:

1. According Greg Farshtey, the Toa Nuva are THE most powerful Toa in BIONICLE.

2. They are legendary. In BIONICLE Legends 2, it is revealed that ancient Matoran in an ancient land made the canisters for the destined ones (the ones destined to awaken Mata Nui), Tahu and Co. They are legendary Toa, and there are none other like them in existence.

3. The only reason they were defeated by Brutaka is because it's not every day that a member of the Order of Mata Nui goes bad.

4. The Toa Nuva's current mission (freeing the Bahrag) is, according to Greg Farshtey, "closely tied with their original mission" that is freeing Mata Nui.

5. The reason their are retrieving the Inika's Kanohi is that Toa Lhikan was a great hero, and Tahu Nuva wishes to honor him by reclaiming his Kanohi mask.

And I do have some good news: according to a recent poll on BZPOwer, information was given that the LEGO Company has considered re-releasing the Toa Nuva eventually; they are considering not a transformation, but rather a finding of new tools/weapons. Re-releasing the Toa Nuva now is not an option, because store owners would not buy sets they just had on stores four years ago, that is too little time in the market. In addition, re-releasing the Toa Nuva as they look now is impossible, as that would be a downgrade from the mass poseability released since that time.

In addition, IMO, the 3,000 Toa is no doubt an estimate, a maximum. This amount of Toa allows for a much more expanded universe, more story for fans to create themselves. IF the Toa Nuva were the ONLY Toa, there would not be much fan fiction, would there?

Feel free to debate with me over this--I have no qualms. :-)

Okay...........I just have one question, The name 'Bionicle' makes you think that the Bionicle guys are cyborgs or something, although they do look very, mostly robotic. Are Bionicle creatures aliens from a distant system/galaxy? They live on a tropical island, so I would thing they would be mostly organic....They do speak English? What exactly are they?

To answer your question, oo7:

They are, in a way, cyborgs. THe term BIONICLE means (affirmed by LEGO) Biomechanical. They are half-biological, half mechanical. In the BIonicle Movie Mask of Life it is easy to see that they have inner organs inside their biomechanical "shells," so to speak.

The original BIONICLE figures were mostly robotic-looking, though BIONICLE has moved in a more biomechanical direction, with Toa Inika figures.

The BIONICLE figures in the story mostly speak the Matoran tongue. In the books this is translated to English for our convenience, :-)

Examples of Matoran words include:

Inika-energies of a star

vezon-a double

Barraki-warlord

piraka-thief/murderer/vandal

The actual world in which BIONICLE characters live is undefined; it is not Earth, but it is like worlds such as Alagaesia in the Eragon books; the author does not exactly specify that Alagaesia is another planet.

The BIONICLE races (including Matoran, Toa, and other species) originate from beneath the surface of their world, in a dome. CIties and plants are made of protodermis, a metallic-like substance from which all BIONICLE things are made. Protosteel, is for example ,the 'steel' version of protodermis.

THe islands in this dome are all mechanical. The island above (the tropical one, Mata Nui) was not meant to be lived on by biomechanical beings, so it seems organic.

So they are pretty much biomechanical beings that come from a mechanic world, but some of them ended up on a organic island.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the well written explanation, Mr. Visorak. *y*

I'll ask another question although I only wanted to ask one. X-D

I thought they just make another round of 'cooler' Toas each year just to be 'cooler', but now I realize that the story line seems pretty defined. I remember from that weird film the original Toa got that Mask of Light from the underworld or something and became Toa Nuva. Each year do the original 2001 Toas get another upgrade? It seems they sometimes have similar names, are always humanoid (unlike the 'evil' guys) and they have the same colors and powers, so are each round of them the same guys? Or are they new ones?

2001-2003 starred the Toa Mata who turned into Toa Nuva in late 2002. In late 2003, Takua the Matoran became Takanuva, Toa of Light.

2004-2005 was a "Flashback" storyline starring the Turaga, when they were Toa and later Toa Hordika.

2006-2007 has starred the Inika who turn Mahri. The Inika are Toa made out of six Matoran from the first 3 years.

Mahri?

Do tell. What are those?

Mahri the new Toa with bullet thingy collectables and Jaller(leader) with his(maybe) pet crab Pewku.

THe term BIONICLE means (affirmed by LEGO) Biomechanical

The term BIONICLE has always meant 'Biological Chronicle'. It's the meshing of those two words. It still stands for this today. Affirmed by LEGO.

I don't for the life of me know how you got that BIONICLE stands for 'biomechanical.' That's the description of those who live in this 'universe' (except, you know, the newly official 'organic only' beings).

<<DV>>

How did Jala and co. get their masks in that Karzahni place or whatever in the first place?

In fact, anyone care to tell me the whole Inika saga from the beggining to present? Y'know, after the Matru/Hordika flashbacks?

Why, lessee...

--The Nuva, Matoran, and Turaga return to Metru Nui and start rebuilding it.

--The Turaga, Dume now with them, discover that Mata Nui is dying.

--The Nuva are sent off to Voya Nui to locate the fabled Mask of Life, which is the sole thing that can save the Great Spirit.

--Once there, they meet the Piraka, rogue Dark Hunters, who have enslaved the Matoran and taken control of the Island, while they too search for the Mask of Life.

--The Nuva are utterly defeated, first by the Piraka, and then by the treacherous Order of Mata Nui member, Brutaka, who along with Axonn were stationed on Voya Nui long ago to guard the Mask Life.

--Six Matoran of Metru Nui - Jaller, Kongu, Matoro, Hewkii, Hahli, and Nuparu - realize the Nuva are in danger, and set out to find Voya Nui.

--Passing through the realm of the ancient entity Karzahni, they are given new masks as an intent to erase their old identities and keep them slaves, but they soon find canisters which transport them to Voya Nui.

--Once there, a bolt of lightning from the Red Star (see MNOG) transforms them into Toa Inika, with lightning-interlaced elements and organic masks.

--Lots of action, Inika versus Piraka and so on.

--Both Piraka and Inika travel down below ground to find the Mask of Life, as a stairway has been revealed.

--Fighting their way to a huge lava chamber, the Inika confront Vezon, the clone of the Piraka Vezok.

--Using a sepecial Zamor sphere given to them by Axonn, the Inika trap Vezon his dragon Kardas, and remove the Mask of Life, which was fused to Vezon's head when he tried to steal it.

--The Mask of Life flies back up through the tunnel, and plunges into water, towards Mahri Nui, a sunken part of Voya Nui.

--Axonn shows the Inika a secret tunnel which leads to Mahri Nui, and they go down through it.

--Meanwhile, the Nuva have been freed by the Matoran of Voya Nui, and Brutaka defeated by Axonn.

--Botar from the Order of Mata Nui sends Brutaka to the Pit - a now underwater prison for the world's most vile beings - which is where Mahri Nui also is.

--The Nuva are now on their way to free the Bahrag, due to things told to them by Botar, while the Inika continue their quest underwater...

Confusing? Hell yes. But here ye go. *sweet*

-Ikk

*wacko*

Whatever.........Bionicle is weird...........

The term BIONICLE has always meant 'Biological Chronicle'. It's the meshing of those two words. It still stands for this today. Affirmed by LEGO.

I don't for the life of me know how you got that BIONICLE stands for 'biomechanical.' That's the description of those who live in this 'universe' (except, you know, the newly official 'organic only' beings).

<<DV>>

I thought it was biological chronicle all this time as well, until this January, when I read a news article about a LEGO Employee.

This is what he wrote:

And I hope that you all got that it