General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

I dont see how this is not built in real life?

Theoden we have.... Eowyn helm can very well be the same as Eomer... sure the color is not the same but dont expect a new Eowyn helmet mold for this id say... sooner we get her when she throws off the helm with hair... so technically Witch kings helmet is the only mold there should be added for you to recreate Witch King scene if you truly wanted it.... And thats doable... found some fakes that look the same on ebay a few months ago... not for a purist but hey :P

1.jpg

You´re kinda right, but this fell beast model is not what I like and want to have. Maybe its nice on the picture but, I dont like it really, I like the mold frrom vdeo game poster. And also Eowyn is not about helm only, there is a new torso printing, and I expect also a Theoden on barded Snowmane. And maybe I expect Merry in Rohan outfitt. And Yes, I will be not satisfied with any other fake helmets :) What I want is original one from TLG :)

Agreed. And lets not forget, The Mouth of Sauron was only in the EE of RotK. Unless you were already a die hard and had seen that version of the film, you never even saw him. How many kids could sit through that whole film, let alone the EE (which I have to watch in 2 sittings, lol). A prime example of doing something very cool for the hardcore fans. The Black Gate is cool, but I'd have preferred a Witch King with Fell Beast set first.

Yep but its not about a figure, its about the structure, and Black Gate of Mordor have important part in the story line. They add Mouth of Sauron because they can. But main goal is to create some good looking structure and add Gandalf the White and Aragorn in differetn outfit. MoS is only the benefit :)

You know Lego looks at sets from a kids point of view. The sets would be neat for collectors but would a kid really play with the Balrog that long? He was barely in the movie.

You have any idea how long I played with boba fett? How much screen time did he get in the original trilogy?

And he is still one of my favorite Star Wars character.

Kids could care less how much a character is in a movie. All that matters is that they are cool and fun to play with.

You´re kinda right, but this fell beast model is not what I like and want to have. Maybe its nice on the picture but, I dont like it really, I like the mold frrom vdeo game poster. And also Eowyn is not about helm only, there is a new torso printing, and I expect also a Theoden on barded Snowmane. And maybe I expect Merry in Rohan outfitt. And Yes, I will be not satisfied with any other fake helmets :) What I want is original one from TLG :)

I think getting a mold like that for LOTR is an illusion really.... I hope Im wrong but I fear I am spot on. Eowyns torso is unimportant I cant even remember what it was? A normal chain mail? I bet if we get Eowyn in that scene she will have hair and no helm.... Now think about it for a minute.... you want 1 - 3 new molds (helmet + beast + potentially Eowyns helmet) 3 new prints (torso + legs excluding hobbit legs) another barding print (1 of a kind) all in 1 set? I think that is just being delusional excuse my wording... but sadly I ust dont see it happening....

Especially the molded fell beast....

Yep but its not about a figure, its about the structure, and Black Gate of Mordor have important part in the story line. They add Mouth of Sauron because they can. But main goal is to create some good looking structure and add Gandalf the White and Aragorn in differetn outfit. MoS is only the benefit :)

So how do you justify adding Mouth of Sauron instead of Gondor Soldier which would be 2395230852358205 times better for multiple purchases.... I fear LEGO has no logical pattern behind Tolkien lines which is sad.

The black gate is a prime example of failed LEGO ideas mixing together

these 2 ideas are called

Unique named heroes and ''please purchase multiple....

However thats offtopic.

I think getting a mold like that for LOTR is an illusion really.... I hope Im wrong but I fear I am spot on. Eowyns torso is unimportant I cant even remember what it was? A normal chain mail? I bet if we get Eowyn in that scene she will have hair and no helm.... Now think about it for a minute.... you want 1 - 3 new molds (helmet + beast + potentially Eowyns helmet) 3 new prints (torso + legs excluding hobbit legs) another barding print (1 of a kind) all in 1 set? I think that is just being delusional excuse my wording... but sadly I ust dont see it happening....

Especially the molded fell beast....

So how do you justify adding Mouth of Sauron instead of Gondor Soldier which would be 2395230852358205 times better for multiple purchases.... I fear LEGO has no logical pattern behind Tolkien lines which is sad.

The black gate is a prime example of failed LEGO ideas mixing together

these 2 ideas are called

Unique named heroes and ''please purchase multiple....

However thats offtopic.

Its nothong special to do these mold - for example Helms Deep: 1 new horse, Theodens armour piece, Theodens helmet (ok and rohan as well) Printed torso - aragorn, Tehoden, Haldir which is only there, Uruk hai berserker (also unique) uruk hai, gimli, his helmet, beard...and also legs...

Almost every LOTR from the first line and also hobbit set has new printing and molds, so why not this "Whitch King Showdown" set could be different? Printing is not so expensive and helmet is not so big deal...

Btw Eowyn is here...http://www.google.cz/imgres?sa=X&biw=1366&bih=666&tbm=isch&tbnid=EYu2uLJpgWuVMM:&imgrefurl=http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/%25C3%2589owyn&docid=g-KSX-xROQHF7M&imgurl=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120828211639/lego/images/8/86/%2525C3%252589owynarmour.png&w=297&h=337&ei=lpK0UoKMIsXqswaR7oGYBA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:82&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=204&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=18&tx=150&ty=63

MoS is in BatBG because maybe they saves new fig like gondorian soldier for third wave... Its the same as the issue with Rohan Soldiers...I dont understand why they relase so few (only one except Eomer and Theoden) in that wawe..they should add 1 or 2 generic soldiers to the helms deep...

Its nothong special to do these mold - for example Helms Deep: 1 new horse, Theodens armour piece, Theodens helmet (ok and rohan as well) Printed torso - aragorn, Tehoden, Haldir which is only there, Uruk hai berserker (also unique) uruk hai, gimli, his helmet, beard...and also legs...

Almost every LOTR from the first line and also hobbit set has new printing and molds, so why not this "Whitch King Showdown" set could be different? Printing is not so expensive and helmet is not so big deal...

Btw Eowyn is here...http://www.google.cz...18&tx=150&ty=63

MoS is in BatBG because maybe they saves new fig like gondorian soldier for third wave... Its the same as the issue with Rohan Soldiers...I dont understand why they relase so few (only one except Eomer and Theoden) in that wawe..they should add 1 or 2 generic soldiers to the helms deep...

Yes everyone has new molds/printings, but not nearly as many....

sure the Horse is a new mold but that will be used for another XY years so it will be heavily reused..... I suspect even Troll will re-emerge.... however Fell beast is 1 of a kind really..... just like Mouth of Saurons Helm I agree but that was alot smaller piece.

Sure it can happen however I doubt it....

I realy hope for a Balrog. They can't stop the LOTR theme without this creature

Edited by N7LEGO

I think we should have a 16 LotR dream set conference bracket. We can take nominations for general sets Witchking, Balrog, Treebeard, etc and vote on them. Each week the winners would advance to the next round. What does everyone think?

I think we should have a 16 LotR dream set conference bracket. We can take nominations for general sets Witchking, Balrog, Treebeard, etc and vote on them. Each week the winners would advance to the next round. What does everyone think?

Sounds like a fun distraction

My dream final wave:

ÂŁ10: Minas Tirith battle pack: 2 Gondorian soliders, 2 orcs.

ÂŁ20: Balrog ambush: Gandalf the Grey, Moria Orc, Boromir. The set is the Balrog, who is equipped with his fire whips.

ÂŁ20: Treebeard: Pippin, Merry, Orc captian and a brick built Treebearrd.

ÂŁ30: The Witch King's final battle: Ewoyn, Pippin, Witch King, Theoden. You get a birck built Fell Beast and a small piece of scenery.

Large D2C set (like Orthanc): Minas Tirith: Gandalf the White, Denethor, Faramir, Merry, 3 gondorian soilders, 3 orcs. It is a giant multi story Minas Tirith. The orcs have a battering ram.

This will never happen but I can dream :grin:

My dream final wave:

ÂŁ20: Balrog ambush: Gandalf the Grey, Moria Orc, Boromir. The set is the Balrog, who is equipped with his fire whips.

ÂŁ30: The Witch King's final battle: Ewoyn, Pippin, Witch King, Theoden. You get a birck built Fell Beast and a small piece of scenery.

Large D2C set (like Orthanc): Minas Tirith: Gandalf the White, Denethor, Faramir, Merry, 3 gondorian soilders, 3 orcs. It is a giant multi story Minas Tirith. The orcs have a battering ram.

I see why its called a dream wave.

Mine would be

1000$ Minas Tirith with 50 Gondor soldiers 100 Orcs 2 nazguls on Fell beasts Denethor, Faramir Pippin and Gandalf the White with 4 Tower guards and 100.000 pieces :P

Just as reasonable as the dream above :D

I see why its called a dream wave.

Mine would be

1000$ Minas Tirith with 50 Gondor soldiers 100 Orcs 2 nazguls on Fell beasts Denethor, Faramir Pippin and Gandalf the White with 4 Tower guards and 100.000 pieces :P

Just as reasonable as the dream above :D

Ehh, I think his dream is a LITTLE more realistic. Your dream set has the price per piece at less than 1 cent, lol :tongue:

Ehh, I think his dream is a LITTLE more realistic. Your dream set has the price per piece at less than 1 cent, lol :tongue:

Both are dreams and too dreamy.... waste of typing really...

I have a hard time seeing a good Minas Tirith coming out.. It would either be far too small, or far too unfinished, there's no way to get proper amounts of levels + details even if they would use 2000 pieces..

My dream final wave:

unreal :) Just try to have your feets on the ground laddy :)

Your prices are to low...and number of minifigs atc is really just dream...

I have a hard time seeing a good Minas Tirith coming out.. It would either be far too small, or far too unfinished, there's no way to get proper amounts of levels + details even if they would use 2000 pieces..

I just pray for something that will be recognizable like Helms deep set with 2000-2500pcs. 4 levels would be enough with citadel, tower and courtyard with the white tree on the top level. And minifigs count should be like 8-10 figs focused on Gondor soldiers, Orcs and 3-4 special unique characters.

I just pray for something that will be recognizable like Helms deep set with 2000-2500pcs. 4 levels would be enough with citadel, tower and courtyard with the white tree on the top level. And minifigs count should be like 8-10 figs focused on Gondor soldiers, Orcs and 3-4 special unique characters.

You can build a recognazable Minas Tirith in micro size..... thats recognizable... anything in LEGO size and not costing 500$ will be utter crap. Display wise...

I think it could be done like this:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36275

Edited by greeny

And that is FAR FAR FAR from anything called ''good''

this is a pretty crap representation of the best city/citadel in Middle Earth.

It's a valiant effort, but it'd be a waste of time - better to get Gondorians in an armybuilder-size set.

I was thinking about this and it occurred to me how one could maximize armybuilder potential AND fulfill Lego's one unique character requirement. In fact, there's two ways around this:

$29.99 Osgiliath Attack

Osgiliath ruined archway, Orc boat

2x Gondorian Warrior (new helmet mold at minimum)

3x Morgul Orc (new print at least, gray/green facial coloring)

1x Fully armored Faramir on horseback (combines from the scene where they attempt to retake Osgiliath, but it doesn't matter - and Armored Faramir is a simple headswap away from being a generic Gondorian Warrior)

They could also pad the price by 10-20 bucks and add a Fellbeast with a generic Nazgul, but that's optional.

And that is FAR FAR FAR from anything called ''good''

this is a pretty crap representation of the best city/citadel in Middle Earth.

Really? I personally think that is a pretty good representation considering a realistic price point and piece point. It includes the iconic parts of the city and is easily recogniseable.

^ me too nothing in Lego is the right size after all try sitting all the hobbits around the table in the house or getting them all in the lake town boat

and these are small things that you could make the right size, minas tirith can not be made the right size but I would still love one even if its just a good start for us to all moc like with helms deep

Really? I personally think that is a pretty good representation considering a realistic price point and piece point. It includes the iconic parts of the city and is easily recogniseable.

Thats what you think ye.... this looks ugly plain simple.... it is missing too many important stuff.... not to mention this was a CITY... where thousands or tens of thousands could live.... how is that mangled wreck representing such thing? How is that representing a city that should take breath when you would see it in reality?

Its supposed to be atleast 1,5x the height of Orthanc and I am not even sure if its with or without the Tower of Ecthelion! Minas Tirith is grand... so grand that makes Helm's Deep look like it could be garrison for Minas Tirith....

As I said I rather see they just make 2 sets out of it.

1. Gates + Grond

2. Courtyard with White tower

They should make something in a line of that, ofcourse a little smaller and be 2600-3000 pieces being UCS and having 8-10 figs (unique Denethor and Tower Guardsx4)

lord_of_the_rings_citadel_of_minas_tirith_3d_jigsaw_puzzle_2_raw.jpg

Or if you want in LEGO, this just without any other buildings apart from tower main hall and the white tree and half smaller...

Chairudo_MinasTirith_4.jpg

^ me too nothing in Lego is the right size after all try sitting all the hobbits around the table in the house or getting them all in the lake town boat

and these are small things that you could make the right size, minas tirith can not be made the right size but I would still love one even if its just a good start for us to all moc like with helms deep

Ofc nothing is in the right size.... but atleast it has a decent size comparisson in LEGO terms.... Here in that cuusoo project the size is contradicting the width etc.... it looks fugly to say the least ...

This is why I think it's a good model of Minas Tirith. It looks a bit out of scale with the figures but when there are no figures it looks pretty good.