Wedge09

Future of SW Contest (Small Category): A dinner with old friends

Hi everyone, this is my entry for the Future of SW Contest (small category) - 16 x 16 studs.

Episode VII: A dinner with old friends

After a lot of events, bad and good, all our heroes come together at a dinner: Darth Vader is enjoying his sausage while conversing with his Master Yoda and his children Luke and Leia, Admiral Piett is discussing with the Rebel Admiral Ackbar, General Madine and Lando Calrissian, Han Solo and his friend Chewbacca are exchanging stories with the Bounty Hunter Dengar, finally an Imperial Ace Pilot with an Imperial Officer are enjoying their drink with two Rebel pilots.

future_of_sw_1.jpg

future_of_sw_2.jpg

My gallery on Brickshelf (When moderated :wink: )

C&C are always welcome and hope you like it :classic:

Wedge09

Edited by Wedge09

I'm sorry this entry cannot be accepted since it doesn't comply with the size rule. Vador's cape exceed the 16x16 studs limit. And ackbar doesn't hold his cup!! :sweet:

Reviving that amount of characters is something Disney is capable of :classic:

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Small Category

Build anything relating to the contest theme that fits into a 16 x 16 stud footprint. The dimensions are flexible, which means that 8 x 32 creations or any other combination adding up to 256 studs is acceptable. A four stud overhang is allowed. Vehicles are perfectly valid here, as long as they fit inside the size constraints.

It is eligible.

Just another detail I noticed: in the introduction, it says that Vader is talking to his sons, Luke and Leia. I don't think even Disney would make a change like that. Or would they? :look:

Just another detail I noticed: in the introduction, it says that Vader is talking to his sons, Luke and Leia. I don't think even Disney would make a change like that. Or would they? :look:

Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker that is the father of Luke and Leia (see Episode III) therefore is canon and official. (see Wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker first paragraph of the introduction)

I'm sorry this entry cannot be accepted since it doesn't comply with the size rule. Vador's cape exceed the 16x16 studs limit. And ackbar doesn't hold his cup!! :sweet:

Reviving that amount of characters is something Disney is capable of :classic:

If you control Ackbar has his cup :laugh: Tecnically, the characters dead are only Admiral Piett and Darth Vader, the others may still be alive :wink:

It is eligible.

This fits easily with the 4 stud overhang, so you're fine. :classic:

It was ironical. Who am I to declare an entry ineligible... I'll edit my post...

Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker that is the father of Luke and Leia (see Episode III) therefore is canon and official. (see Wookiepedia http://starwars.wiki...nakin_Skywalker first paragraph of the introduction)

*snip*

He means Leia is not Vader's son, but his daughter.

If this was where episode VII would be all about... I am not going to watch the movie.

Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker that is the father of Luke and Leia (see Episode III) therefore is canon and official. (see Wookiepedia http://starwars.wiki...nakin_Skywalker first paragraph of the introduction)

He means Leia is not Vader's son, but his daughter.

Yeah, it's just an english correction, Wedge. Groups of both male and female don't default to the male plural.

So for example, where in spanish (romance language family) abuelo + abuela = abuelos, in english (germanic language family) grandfather + grandmother ≠ grandfathers. There's always either a seperate word (grandparents, children) or you use both. (grandmother and grandfather, son(s) and daughter(s))

Which I say just for the sake of anyone who isn't aware that some languages work the one way, others work the other. Someone who grew up with one language (or family of languages) won't necessarily think the conventions of another are obvious.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Delightful scene, looks like a celebration indeed and a very eye catching base, good luck

This is quite the whimsical entry. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot guys :sweet: