legomuppet9

legomuppet9's Lego Technic Creations

As I am starting to make quite a lot of MOC's, I am going to collate them all in one place. This will showcase any WIP's and completed MOC's, starting now with two models I have made alongside each other, an excavator and a dump truck. I originally wanted them to work with each other, but then decided not to. Anyway, on to the models.

9391 Excavator

This is my Excavator which is fitted to the 9391 Tracked Crane.

8394891374_4e4be1dd9b_c.jpg

It has a moving boom, arm and a rotating superstructure, all via knobs on the back. The bucket tilts via the gear on the arm.

8393806943_9123280588_c.jpg

8393806927_4d17afdc75_c.jpg

8394891268_bdf7cf0444_c.jpg

Video:

Dump Truck

This is my Dump Truck which has optional motorisation.

8393807463_50a6b0b506_c.jpg

It uses the 8292 cherry picker's cab and my own chassis and dump bed. The dump bed tilts via the grey knob on each side. The steering is controlled by the black knob on the top.

Pictures: (more available at my flickr account, in my signature below)

8393807405_332e0a28d2_c.jpg

8394891992_3bd4874401_c.jpg

And a video:

Edited by legomuppet9

I am planning to build quite a few big models if you look at the future projects page in my blog :sweet:

Edited by legomuppet9

I am currently building my latest MOC, a model of the British Tortoise tank

wot_renders_britain_tortoise_1024_768_en_small.jpg(This is a render of the tank from a game called "World of Tanks")

So far I have completed the chassis and I am starting work on the body.

8526900599_9dfc66d7f9_c.jpg

Tortoise Tank WIP by legomuppet9, on Flickr

I know it isn't that accurate dimensions wise, I'm working with the pieces I have. I'm just trying to make it look reasonably like the Tortoise :classic:

Edited by legomuppet9

@ legomuppet9: I'm going to have to show your Tortoise Tank to my son (who plays "World of Tanks" all the time in his "mancave")! :classic:

@ legomuppet9: I'm going to have to show your Tortoise Tank to my son (who plays "World of Tanks" all the time in his "mancave")! :classic:

I play World of Tanks a lot too :wink:

All your creations are soo cute and wonderfully built!

Thanks :classic: I only have around 5000 parts so the sizes of my builds are limited, but they're still getting bigger all the time :devil:

Sometimes small sets on cuusoo are more likely to be accepted unlike the bigger models that have too many peices. :D i would love to buy any one of the sets you have built above of they made a set!

Sometimes small sets on cuusoo are more likely to be accepted unlike the bigger models that have too many peices. :D i would love to buy any one of the sets you have built above of they made a set!

Not too keen on the cuusoo idea to be honest, I personally feel that it's a waste of time for Technic creations as to get 10000 votes you need to have a model as complex as Sheepo's Land Rover

I am pleased to present my latest MOC; Tank Destroyer.

8589123589_1e3b3da910_c.jpg

I was originally planning to build the British A39 Tortoise Tank, however, due to limited pieces I decided to go for a generic Tank Destroyer design.

Tank Destroyers are tanks without turrets and with bigger guns, designed for one sole purpose, to destroy tanks. Some examples are tanks such as the German Jagdpanther or the Soviet ISU-152.

Jagdpanther+of+3rd+Regiment,+Schwere+Panzerjager+Heeres+Abteilung+559.jpg

isu152bm_2.jpg

My tank destroyer's closest resemblance that I know of is the American T18.

t18-howitzer-motor-carriage-01.png

Anyway enough history, onto the model.

It uses two M Motors geared down 3:1, the result is fairly reliable and it has only just enough torque, but does the job for the space available.

8589123717_579be13a10_c.jpg

I have used bogie suspension, which works faultlessly, except for the fact the suspension movement is very small.

8590223418_f9aa2981f5_c.jpg

8590223550_bdfd7313f9_c.jpg

And finally the exterior of the model, which, I admit, was a bit rushed, however, I am still pleased with the outcome.

8590223842_e69938a852_c.jpg

8589123799_9fe31e8222_c.jpg

The performance of the model is pretty good, it isn't fast but then it's not supposed to be, it's a tank. It can do some "off roading" on terrain like snow, grass, soil and Lego. The gears within the drivetrain do slip quite often awful creating the dreaded "grinding noise" which can be annoying at times. Finally a video, (yes it did snow in the UK in March...)

I must admit this isn't my best MOC to date, I just wanted to get it finished in the end so I can start on an even better model :wink:

EDIT: added my youtube video properly...

Edited by legomuppet9

eheheh really cute man!

thanks, and thanks for posting the video, it didn't copy across from my blog :blush: (has been corrected now...)

Edited by legomuppet9

I had a sudden urge last night to make a fast RC vehicle with suspension. So I decided to motorise the 9392 Quadbike set.

8598357698_dc74c6df55_c.jpg

It is driven by an XL motor geared up 1.66667:1. This results in a reasonable amount of torque for it's size, and it is very quick.

8597254557_f55cd2f8e8_c.jpg

8597254221_3dc06e22d3_c.jpg

The steering is done via a worm gear and 24 tooth gear assembly, placed above the suspension struts. It is a reliable solution and fits rather well, except for the M Motor poking out of the front.

8598358044_86d4b89e57_c.jpg

8598357956_e02c6641da_c.jpg

8597254277_8b9ae8f74f_c.jpg

I have retained all the original features (working handlebars, suspension and 1 cylinder fake engine).

I changed all the soft springs for hard springs to handle the extra weight of the Power Functions components.

I am happy with the result, even though it is very ugly, it is incredibly fun to play with.

Edited by legomuppet9

Interesting, but where does the quad rider sit? The Power Functions elements take up more room than the original set....

He can sit behind the handlebars if he's skinny enough :wink: and the problem with the power functions elements taking up more room than the original set? It's made for fun not looks, as I said in my description....