305Bats

Is $25.00 too much for the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow?

I'm fairly new to Lego so I don't know how the exclusivity of a set affects the price of the minifigures in the set,I can't afford the Arkham set,nor do I want it,I just want Scarecrow and Penguin,I can get SC for that price on Bricklink but I wonder if that's too high,if there's a chance the minifig will be re-released in another set, etc. any help would be appreciated,thanks!

I think that if any exclusive figure from Arkham were to be rereleased, it would be Scarecrow. I would hold off on him until at least next year.

Ummm.... IMHO, yes, it is way too expensive. I mean, it's a minifigure! Of course, it does come from an exclusive set, but it is still a minifigure! The only one worth buying at an enormous price are the ComicCon ones, such as "Bizarro" and "Shazam!". But that is just my opinion. If you desperately want the figures, then I guess you could go for it, but I would never pay $25.00 for a minifigure that you can get in a set, even if it is one set.

Ummm.... IMHO, yes, it is way too expensive. I mean, it's a minifigure! Of course, it does come from an exclusive set, but it is still a minifigure! The only one worth buying at an enormous price are the ComicCon ones, such as "Bizarro" and "Shazam!". But that is just my opinion. If you desperately want the figures, then I guess you could go for it, but I would never pay $25.00 for a minifigure that you can get in a set, even if it is one set.

Would you rather pay the $160+ just to get the minifigure? I dished out $25 for Elrond, trust me it was worth it.

Many years ago, mainly when I started buying LEGO seriously and regulary, I set a rule for myself - never pay absurd ammounts of money for minifigs.

Of course all rules are to be broken, and I have breaked it - sometime ago I payed 10€ for a Chrome Darth Vader Polybag! You are probably laughing at me, but yes 10€ for a minifig is absurd for me (I have bought a few others at around the 10€ price after, but never above that)

In any case, I rather save a little more and get the whole set where that great and kind of exclusive minifigure I want comes. Of course that kind of doesn't work when it comes to such an expensive set such as the Asylum.

It all gets down to if you really want the figure. I personally am not a big Batman franchise fan, and Scarecrow at all. But the bottomline is, I wouldn't pay 25€ for any minifig, even not for my SW friends. But that's me, not you.

Well, I guess I would, because I do want the set, but since he doesn't I guess it is some-what worth it. I just don't think I personally would pay $25 for one minifigure. The most I have paid for a minifigure was I believe $12, which isn't horrible, but not great either. However, considering it was a S1 Robot, it was worth it. This is one of those questions where I feel everyone has a different opinion on, and I just don't see it as a fair price for one minifigure. If it were 2 or 3 minifigures, I would definitely jump for it. But definitely not just 1. That is my opinion though.

While he is a nice minifigure, as are the others in the set, I don't think I would pay 25 dollars for him. I do buy figures a lot, mostly form the old line of Batman sets, but I've never spent more than $20 (For Old Freeze). I, like Superficial Username stated, would just wait to see if he shows up in another set--or at the least wait to see if you can find a good deal for one. I would expect at some point that they would show up in another set too, just like the characters that first only showed up in like the original Arkham or Batcave.

It is a tough call on waiting. I almost bought Poison Ivy from the Batcave for $18, but then couldn't bring myself to do it. And now she is being re-released in the Arkham set which I will be getting so now I won't have multiples of her. With that said, it is very possible for them to re-release any figure. I was surprised they re-released Ivy so soon anyway, so you may have to wait a little, but Scarecrow may come again in the future. If not, the prices probably won't be as inflated a year from now (since it is a brand new set and people are trying to recoup their investment). It won't hurt too much to wait I wouldn't think. But only you can be the judge on that.

I randomly purchased a Comic Con figure recently which I had no intention on spending that much money originally...so stranger things have happened.

If you're patient just wait a year and see if next year's has the Scarecrow in a smaller, more sanely priced set.

I would never pay that much for a minifigure... But I'm also not patient. Almost broke my rule as I considered buying the absurdly priced ComicCon minifigures.

Just wait a little while longer, eventually you'll be able to buy him in parts cheaper then 25. I did that with the old figure, killer croc etc.

I hope and pray I never pay that much for one! :laugh: I've been guilty in the past of getting carried away with my hobbies, trying to control myself now, it's not easy! :devil:

You could always buy the whole set and sell it - minus the Scarecrow - on eBay or something? Maybe that's too much trouble, who's to say?

Joe

Well after waiting a bit,(2 months) I decided to get him,paid $22 for him and the best thing is the seller lives 2 blocks from my sister's house so no shipping,glad I did too I love the new Scarecrow!