Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Conclusion: Still Alive

but it's also a good reason why you should intern with an experienced host as badboy has done twice or co-host a game with an experienced host to start out.

*cough* I tried...but someone decided he'd rather play.

:laugh:

I'm sorry def, but you are totally wrong here.

So you're saying Zepher does not equal metagamer? :tongue:

Anyway, you're saying town should have been looking to take out the Cult Leader they weren't looking for, or that the random player with that role almost got taken out by chance, so the game was balanced? Honestly, even if iamded (or whoever had the role) was almost targeted, it was not something that town could play against. What could me or JimButcher do except start an unsubstantiated lynch against that player? Should we have sniffed him out and got all the non-cultists to unite against them? Town and scum were losing, except by luck.

I'll check out your roles, and save further comments until tomorrow.

Your game was good for the most part, and I had a good time. Thanks a lot :sweet:

If anyone's interested, the last few nights Psy was blocked we planned on killing Dragonator (right after CallMePie because I think he was our last kill). We would have actually gone after iamdead or Danny after that, and all of you were cult members, so... I kind of wished we tried to kill you all earlier.

def, I'm saying that (like someone else pointed out) the town should have looked harder at the people involved in the day 2 things. even the scum at one point said that maybe amy was cult leader. You don't feel it was balance, and that's perfectly your right. The losing side usually doesn't feel a game was balanced, I totally expected all the town and all the scum to say this when i posted the conclusion.

I feel the game was balanced and I don't feel like I really have to defend myself on this, so I won't really argue it anyway.

Glad you had some fun, sorry you are disapointed, looking forward to your game. :sweet:

The thing with Scuba was pretty funny, because we could not speak to each other. So he did not know about my attempt, he could not back up my story (which he probably would not have done at all). And I was telling the truth. I asked him about the sibling (via DarthPotato, who was the only one able to speak with Scuba). He told me (via DP). I told Dave. I was telling the truth all the time. And got annoyed that all accusations against me were not because of my mistake that I did not ask Scuba first how to pull it or what else, it was the whole time about me speaking of a sister. WHICH I DID NOT!!!! :tongue:

Yeah. I explicitly told DP that you should not contact Dave, what do you do? Contact Dave and tell him I told you. That wasn't very smart, and I'm going as far as that being the thing that got me lynched, but we all make mistakes. It's all good. :wink:

I think there were some problems with this game, but that's absolutely fine, it's your first hosted game and it was awesome. The presentation and characters were cool, and I really liked it. I think you can look back on a more than succesful hosting job, but do hope you take any criticisms to heart for your next game (I hope there is a next one!).

And Def, no heart (see what I did there) feelings, bro.

I can't comment about balance since I did not know the scum team's roles and don't have a lot of experience with cults, but I will say this: My role, was not done very well, I feel.

And Def, no heart (see what I did there) feelings, bro.

No worries, but you're not playing in my game, because I just don't want to witness that sort of attitude again :wink:

Scuba- Sorry if I was a pain to work with. :sadnew: This was my first advanced game so was I wasn't sure about everything and I probably just seemed like a noob to you. But I hope you still had fun. :wink:

No you were great, I'm really impressed that you managed to stay hidden so long, I don't think I could. The set-up was a pain, not you in particular. :tongue:

No worries, but you're not playing in my game, because I just don't want to witness that sort of attitude again :wink:

Who's in your game is your business, but I do not understand that one, I must say.

I totally expected all the town and all the scum to say this when i posted the conclusion.

It's true, the losing side voices complaints, and the winning side voices a shrug on these things. For me, I'd like to think I have these kinds of opinions even on the occasion when I win. And I have. It's not satisfying to win because of an imbalance. In the long term though, I'd like you to consider what I've said, and hope you host again. You're a good host :wink:

Who's in your game is your business, but I do not understand that one, I must say.

Really? Wow. Another reason not to invite you :laugh:

Really? Wow. Another reason not to invite you :laugh:

Is it okay if I drop you a PM? I see no need to be like this.

No you were great, I'm really impressed that you managed to stay hidden so long, I don't think I could. The set-up was a pain, not you in particular. :tongue:

Ah, okay. Thanks then. :classic:

Also, we (the scum) noticed the whole food choice/lunch pattern early on in day 1 so we all relied on that for our lunches. That's why I stole from Cecilie (I think I said that in public, too), because of her steak action which should allow her to steal from others. And one question DD, but did I not get Cecilie's lunch because she already used hers?

Is it okay if I drop you a PM? I see no need to be like this.

Don't tell me you have hurt feelings now. Your entire strategy was being an unpleasant person. I'm not being mean, I'm just letting you know. You'll be eligible for the next game :wink:

I repeat my question...

Go for it. I wasn't reading it as a question the first time 'round :classic:

Here are all the role PMs as sent to each player, figured I'd group them for your easy viewing pleasure.

Posted. I'll take the pain meds now, that way the beatings won't hurt as much. :laugh:

*cough* I tried...but someone decided he'd rather play.

:laugh:

:laugh: Well there are other hosts out there. :tongue: And once you said I could be a hedgehog, I wanted the chance to cause some hedgehog trouble...and oink at people...and get notes from Lady Dolores who is attracted to rodents... And it was a blast! :wub:

Anyway, you're saying town should have been looking to take out the Cult Leader they weren't looking for, or that the random player with that role almost got taken out by chance, so the game was balanced? Honestly, even if iamded (or whoever had the role) was almost targeted, it was not something that town could play against. What could me or JimButcher do except start an unsubstantiated lynch against that player? Should we have sniffed him out and got all the non-cultists to unite against them? Town and scum were losing, except by luck.

You were close to figuring out the problem. I was getting nervous. I thought you would see right through our attempt to lynch Dave.

If anyone's interested, the last few nights Psy was blocked we planned on killing Dragonator (right after CallMePie because I think he was our last kill). We would have actually gone after iamdead or Danny after that, and all of you were cult members, so... I kind of wished we tried to kill you all earlier.

Did you not believe that Amy was the hider and therefore impossible to kill? Or did you not believe our lie? Why didn't you guys come out against the Cult? Just trying to fly under the radar? Once we knew PsyKater was Scum and tried to target me, we did anything we could to keep him blocked. Fortunately, JimB gave a block invention to Draggy, which was luck. I tried not to direct any of the Town power roles too specifically, but it worked out in that they targeted people I trusted or suggested either way. The chain being given to Draggy was an added bonus. Although, I had to lie to Cecilie, again :blush:, about why I told her BoyWonder had been blocked but it was actually PsyKater. That was weird, confirming people with our plethora of investigation abilities, yet trying to get people to not trust people we had already told had been cleared as Town. :wacko:

Explain the traitor deal to me. What was your setup? What was your win condition?

Who did JackJonespaw attack?

:laugh: Well there are other hosts out there. :tongue:

Indeed! :grin::devil::dhappy:

Explain the traitor deal to me. What was your setup? What was your win condition?

It's in the role PMs which are posted on the first reply. :wink:

Who did JackJonespaw attack?

Nobody. He wasn't lynched.

Yeah. I explicitly told DP that you should not contact Dave, what do you do? Contact Dave and tell him I told you. That wasn't very smart, and I'm going as far as that being the thing that got me lynched, but we all make mistakes. It's all good. :wink:

Did I miss that part? However it was pretty dumb :tongue: you are right.

You were close to figuring out the problem. I was getting nervous. I thought you would see right through our attempt to lynch Dave.

Not in the least close. Draggy was posting in a really scummy manner, identical to Bloodbrick II, but there was no way in my head that he was part of a cult, because it wouldn't be balanced. So I ignored the idea. Even if I thought it, it would have been impossible to wrangle a lynch on him. I merely thought he was scum, which you let me know was impossible.

I'm glad I never put my heart in the game, because I'd be pissed if I had :laugh:

Def's role PM says that there's a doctor in the Town that he will replace. Is it Cecilie or Darth Potato? That was one of the reasons I never suspected Darth Potato (officially) because we had the nurse confirmed. So naturally there would be a doctor. I would imagine that would actually replace Cecilie, but his role PM says there was a doctor. Is that referring to the Scum doctor. If so, would he have replaced Darth Potato? :wacko:

Def's role PM says that there's a doctor in the Town that he will replace. Is it Cecilie or Darth Potato? That was one of the reasons I never suspected Darth Potato (officially) because we had the nurse confirmed. So naturally there would be a doctor. I would imagine that would actually replace Cecilie, but his role PM says there was a doctor. Is that referring to the Scum doctor. If so, would he have replaced Darth Potato? :wacko:

He would have become the doctor, taking over the protection portion of Cecilie's role if she had been killed. The block portion would be gone. That's the way I consider Jailkeeper, as one person doing two roles.

I'm glad I never put my heart in the game, because I'd be pissed if I had :laugh:

I'm glad you didn't either. Otherwise, we may have been caught. You were actually third on the conversion list. We tried to convert JimB and failed and then you would've been next but we needed Cecilie because her heart was in it and she was about to try and get Amy lynched. But, you told me twice that you weren't paying attention and just leaving the discovering up to me, so I was like "Score! He'll follow along until we try a really crazy gambit." :snicker:

Yes, you did say they were Scummy and honestly, I thought they were too. I even yelled at them for just posting the stupid apple joke every day. :blush: I am a control freak... :look: Admitting it is the first step to ... embracing it. :devil:

Sign in to follow this