Lazarus

LDD MOD: 7937 Train Station

Yes its xmas.

After a day of building lego i sat down a did a quick modem of the Train station i just got only had it an hour and i want to improve/change it.

Simple Mod just to make it dual track as i run dual tracks on the layout. I will buy the parts as i am geting parts for my other Wips.

On that today i got this and police car, 4x4 and police quad bike, creator helicopter and this. Not a bad score for an old man :-)

stashion04.png

stashion03.png

stashion02.png

stashion01.png

Not sure about New Zealand but here we only have a platform on one side per track (either an island platform, or one each on the outer side). You'd only have to extend the pedestrian bridge to allow a second track's passage. That said, the platform could be considerably longer.

you are right, but i did not want to do a complete over hall on this one. Issue is i run a gap of 8 studs for my double track so having a gap that big in battween might look strange.

Hi Lazarus, i did this in November 2010 when this set came out...here the pics! I also added some other things to make it a bit longer!

8305462073_050667cfd5.jpg

8306509876_f7dfff4738.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Bit of an update this does look better i have extended the platforms buy about 6 studs just to fill up the 48x48 board.

I just want to get some form of like little hut or some how do some like electice pipes or something in the middle of the tracks just to fill in the white space.

Any ideas??

stashion00.png

I did an LDD mod of one I was going to bash 3 of them together but it never took off, life and other MOCs have away of getting in the way.

train_7937_train_station.png

Bit of an update this does look better i have extended the platforms buy about 6 studs just to fill up the 48x48 board.

I just want to get some form of like little hut or some how do some like electice pipes or something in the middle of the tracks just to fill in the white space.

Any ideas??

Potentially, you could put a cabinet for some signalling equipment. At the station from which I commute to work, the space between the rails is currently occupied by discarded ties and has been for a couple of months. Some station's on Metro-North's Harlem line had (maybe still) some art installations of sheet metal workers.

There are points in LDD but for some reason they cannot be attached to anything. Look in the electrical parts section. Part # 75541 and 75542. When designing your station, don't use a baseplate and you should be able to design with points.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

i would not worry there is only an extra hand full of parts needed to to this. might set you back 10-20 bucks and not 100+

That's a really good looking MOD and an excellent station Lazarus.

Um..... not wanting to be a critical spoilsport or anything, but I do think that payphone being so close to the platform edge is an accident waiting to happen.

I also extended my station, but I didn't put additional pillars under it between the two tracks. In real life, there are also no extra pillars in between both tracks.

2013-03-23_08.59.11.jpg

With the widened setup, you can actually serve 3 tracks, and use one platform for two tracks at once. Just added some yellow grills on both sides.

I also extended the platforms.

ronenson, in my opinion simply extending the platforms as you have makes the station a lot more functional. Another tweak you might consider is to move most of the staircase off of the platform, it the original set it takes up a lot of the platform space.

zephyr1934, what do you mean with "moving the staircase off of the platform"? Do you mean putting the white pillars next to the platform, and effectively lowering the bridge height? Or do you mean putting it next, but with other support material under it? That would be the same as an extended platform.

I actually raised the bridge by 1 brick, because I'm experimenting a bit with a double-stacked container of the 7939 size, which had to fit under the bridge. More on that later on.

Yes, the latter, putting the supports next to the platform such that the end of the stairs enter at the end of the platform and doing so with some form of support under the pillars. I would imagine at many real stations the stairs do come down on the platform like this, but there is a gap for passengers to also board the train between the stairs and the edge of the platform. Without the gap, to my eye it looks strange to have the stairs come down like this on the platform (as originally designed by lego). Though it is all a matter of personal taste, that's the beauty of MOCs/MODs.

with ronenson version i would of personaly made it a coverd over pass. The way the walk over is desigend in this lego model is way to fragile and they would not build it like this in real life with out extra support or have a coverd over pass or a trelis like bridge to hold the weight of the road. .

Also i can see the sag in the middle on the photo. And in real life dual rail track is not so spaced like in lego land.