GRogall

Lego Brand Store Calendars for 2013

The August LEGO Store Calendar is up now: http://www.bricksand...giveaways-more/

Maybe I'm spoiled as an American for those promos, but meh. :tongue:

The Speedorz tournament is on the week school starts for most Floridians. Gonna have to go that Friday, as I'm very interested in the accessory packs. Also, I'm gonna be conveniently at the LEGO Store August 1st. Definitely gonna creep the kiddies out by getting the Jewelry Box set. :grin:

Definitely gonna creep the kiddies out by getting the Jewelry Box set. :grin:

They probably won't care, but you'll get strange looks from their parents. From the looks of the calendar, i'll be getting the Haunted House this month, snagging 2 polys at once.

That hot dog cart looks amazing! Makes me happy I'm spending at least $150 next week!

EDIT: Wait, it's in the US, too, right? :grin:

Edited by TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing - the Hot dog cart is for July and yes that is for US. I ordered a LOTR set and will be receiving the hot dog cart soon enough.

As far as August, definitely underwhelming. I may wait then on the SW sets. I don't care much about Galaxy Squad and I already have a few of the ice cream cart. Thankfully Target had them a long time ago (around Valentine's Day or earlier maybe?), but they sold out quickly. That ice cream cone piece is neat.

The hot dog cart freebie for July is really sweet! And quite appropriate for the US market because we tend to grill burgers and hot dogs on the Fourth and other summer weekends? I have four already and had considered giving them as gifts, but none of my friends appreciate something this neat. So I am keeping them for moi! We saw the Friends' bike for sale at Gunzburg for 3E, was it? So free is a much better price! These giveaways usually ring up for 4.99US at the register before they cancel out the charge.

The question is how much does a wonderful freebie like this one increase sales? My hunch is that it makes a tremendous difference. It certainly does for me; it is easy to time my LEGO store purchases because it is only 20 minutes by car with plenty of free parking at the mall, and I want to see the actual boxes before buying a set. And many sets are LEGO exclusives not available in other stores. Also there often are damaged box sets marked down ten per cent in the store. These work for me because I do not collect the boxes and don't like paying for so much empty space in the boxes.

So LEGO achieves brilliant marketing results when they offer a promo giveaway that many of us crave. AND they don't have to lower their prices to achieve this....WOW! And I get to use my five dollars or so credit from VIP points earned on the previous visit. A marketer's dream for a very small cost!

Anyone have next months? August is kinda blah to me. I did place a order yesterday for the Hot Dog Stand. Can't wait to get it!

Not yet. But it should be here soon, They usually turn up early in the prior month. I am eager to see if we get anything star wars related as promo for the Ewok village

The hot dog cart freebie for July is really sweet! And quite appropriate for the US market because we tend to grill burgers and hot dogs on the Fourth and other summer weekends? I have four already and had considered giving them as gifts, but none of my friends appreciate something this neat. So I am keeping them for moi! We saw the Friends' bike for sale at Gunzburg for 3E, was it? So free is a much better price! These giveaways usually ring up for 4.99US at the register before they cancel out the charge.

The question is how much does a wonderful freebie like this one increase sales? My hunch is that it makes a tremendous difference. It certainly does for me; it is easy to time my LEGO store purchases because it is only 20 minutes by car with plenty of free parking at the mall, and I want to see the actual boxes before buying a set. And many sets are LEGO exclusives not available in other stores. Also there often are damaged box sets marked down ten per cent in the store. These work for me because I do not collect the boxes and don't like paying for so much empty space in the boxes.

So LEGO achieves brilliant marketing results when they offer a promo giveaway that many of us crave. AND they don't have to lower their prices to achieve this....WOW! And I get to use my five dollars or so credit from VIP points earned on the previous visit. A marketer's dream for a very small cost!

Well... in July I drove 45 minutes across town to the nearest Lego store and spent 90 minutes there with my 2 year old to figure out how to get my total to $75 for the hot dog stand.

(Oh and I bought the SUperhero set for $5 more at the Lego store instead of Amazon)

Not yet. But it should be here soon, They usually turn up early in the prior month. I am eager to see if we get anything star wars related as promo for the Ewok village

No we have never had anything for LOTR yet, not sure what the tie in could be but just really want something cool.

The question is how much does a wonderful freebie like this one increase sales?

For me, the biggest impact of the freebies is on the _timing_ of my purchases rather than significantly "increased" sales. In July, I made two trips to the Lego Store (normally about a half hour from my house, but in both of these cases I was "in the neighborhood" for other reasons so it was just a couple miles out of my way to get there). On both occasions I bought just enough stuff to qualify for the freebie, but I was mostly buying things that I was planning to buy _anyway_. I just decided to knock a few items off the list, now, _because_ of the extra incentive. I remember the mini Sopwirth Camel promotion was a big motivator for me (I needed a few of 1x3 sand green tiles for a MOC at the time so it was a happy coincidence). In the end I think I got about 9 or 10 of those, one shopping trip at a time (and largely got caught up on my wish list for new kits at the time).

I think the free polybags are a good way for TLG to get me to give them a steady stream of income rather than just making "binge" shopping trips a few times a year. Besides my wish list, the more times I walk in the door the more likely I am to make a small impulse buy that wasn't on my radar and I rarely walk out without at least one PAB cup, so it's worth their while to get me to drop by as often as possible. I can't be the only person who does this and I imagine extra foot traffic and impulse buys can only be a good thing for the shops.

I'll get getting a couple more of those Galaxy Squad Mechs this month looks like. Any idea when S@H will do 2x VIP points again. Might wait on my next Technic set purchase if it's coming in a couple of months.

OMG, I just saw the September calendar. Now I need to order that VW bus. I love matching big and small models! I find it highly hilarious! *puts VW bus on the S@H cart for September purchase*

OMG, I just saw the September calendar. Now I need to order that VW bus. I love matching big and small models! I find it highly hilarious! *puts VW bus on the S@H cart for September purchase*

Are there pictures of the whole calendar floating around? I want to see the events and not just the promos...

Aww, I love the little van! My mom really wanted the VW when it came out, but was driven back by its price tag. I'll give her this for Christmas. :tongue:

lol, nice

The mini VW van looks great. The choice for front windows is very interesting, and works really fine. This make me wonder how to plan the next trip to the lego shop to get both the new winter set and this mini together.

Do the amount spent in PAB cups count in the amount required for the set? Or does it have to be spent in actual sets?

I'm pretty sure everything you buy counts towards it. Except gift cards ;)

I've been so obsessed with the LEGO calendar that I dreamed about the October calendar already. The only problem is I forgot what was the bonus item. Doh!