That cape is longer, but whats the hell is going on with it? is this some new shape, or just something they have mashed together to solve this specific issue?

The normal long cape looks much better. I do however think the elves would look much sleeker with darth malgus style capes, they all have the hair to keep it in place.

I think it is the blue cape from the Shredder fig in the TMNT theme. Either that or a blue cape from the Chima lions. Those would be the only long blue capes that TLG would have in stock as current replacement parts. (Actually the Shredder cape seems to work well on my Elrond.)

Has anyone else reveived a replacement long blue cape? I'm curious as to which capes Lego is sending out as a replacement.

I have yet to receive mine. They sent an email saying they sent something. I'm still waiting.

Has anyone else reveived a replacement long blue cape? I'm curious as to which capes Lego is sending out as a replacement.

I recently popped the email, and recieved a new long blue cape in the post. It is indeed the cut-out one that is being issued as a replacement, but I have no qualms with it at all. It does add a lot to Elrond's overall look with the new cape, and I like the way the trimmed one looks on display.

Apparently they give them away at game uk?

Does anyone know if you have to buy a special edition or something?

Edited by Zilcho

I have yet to receive one, so I will have to contact them again to see. I'd love a long blue cape, even if it is that version. It would probably work better with the long hair.

Apparently they give them away at game uk?

Does anyone know if you have to buy a special edition or something?

They sell a seperate edition including the figure. pc,ps3,360

I recently popped the email, and recieved a new long blue cape in the post. It is indeed the cut-out one that is being issued as a replacement, but I have no qualms with it at all. It does add a lot to Elrond's overall look with the new cape, and I like the way the trimmed one looks on display.

Any chance we could see a pic of it, with the small blue cape over the longer one? This was asked before but the other guy who first received the long cape never did it :look:

So if you email customer service will they send you a long cape? The short cape just looks silly on him?

Also my Elrond's silver printing on the hip part is out of allignment with the legs, it is slightly lower down. Do you think lego would send a replacement or is the piece too rare?

So if you email customer service will they send you a long cape? The short cape just looks silly on him?

Also my Elrond's silver printing on the hip part is out of allignment with the legs, it is slightly lower down. Do you think lego would send a replacement or is the piece too rare?

They dont have replacements for unique promo promo figures.

I finally received my replacement long "Shredder" cape for Elrond. He looks worlds better than with the ridiculous tiny cape (which I plan to give to Thorin whenever I pick him up). Of course, I just happened to have an extra old dark blue cape (not sure where I got it since my Crownie king still has his...but I'm not complaining) but I must say Elrond looks better with the new long cape.

Whywould they be replacing it with shredder capes instead of the ones from CHIMA the chima ones are normal long capes arn't they?

Whywould they be replacing it with shredder capes instead of the ones from CHIMA the chima ones are normal long capes arn't they?

I thought both the Chima cape and the Shredder cape have the single hole, like Darth Malgus, because they have the complicated shoulder armor?

I thought both the Chima cape and the Shredder cape have the single hole, like Darth Malgus, because they have the complicated shoulder armor?

The shredder cape has 2 holes, and the chima cape is outside the armor not inside/behind it. darth malgus and Dwalin's capes have 1 hole cause its btween the hair/armor and torso.

Edited by deskp

The shredder cape has 2 holes, and the chima cape is outside the armor not inside/behind it. darth malgus and Dwalin's capes have 1 hole cause its btween the hair/armor and torso.

Does anyone know what the email address is to ask for a new cape?

Just check lego.com do the email csotumer support, the part replacment page doesent work for this purpose.

wow, people are still having problems with this? I would have thought anyone who cared would have gotten their replacement by now...it took me 3 tries to get the right one, and that was awhile ago.

There is a picture of the correct/long cape there: (scroll down about half way until you see the pics)

http://www.bricksetf...#Comment_136611

The part # is: 6024597

They sent me the short cape as a replacement at first until I was able to supply them with the correct part #. After I gave them the number I got a reply saying that the part # I gave was correct and that my full length cape was on the way.

Hopefully that helps

Edited by lego the hutt

Whoa somebody at that link found Elrond polybags for $5 at toysrus! I have never heard of them being sold only given as promotional preorder.

Whoa somebody at that link found Elrond polybags for $5 at toysrus! I have never heard of them being sold only given as promotional preorder.

Hmm is LEGO even allowed to sell it as a minifigure by itself? usualy not.

wow, people are still having problems with this? I would have thought anyone who cared would have gotten their replacement by now...it took me 3 tries to get the right one, and that was awhile ago.

There is a picture of the correct/long cape there: (scroll down about half way until you see the pics)

http://www.bricksetf...#Comment_136611

The part # is: 6024597

They sent me the short cape as a replacement at first until I was able to supply them with the correct part #. After I gave them the number I got a reply saying that the part # I gave was correct and that my full length cape was on the way.

Hopefully that helps

In my opinion that is not the correct cape at all, it looks better than the short one, but still kindof silly looks very much like a triangle 4625528 is the part number that should be asked for.

Edited by deskp

Hmm is LEGO even allowed to sell it as a minifigure by itself? usualy not.

In my opinion that is not the correct cape at all, it looks better than the short one, but still kindof silly looks very much like a triangle 4625528 is the part number that should be asked for.

A lego rep confirmed that 6024597 is the correct part number.

I think the reason it is that cape instead of the normal type of capes that go over the shoulder is because of the long hair piece that interferes less with this cape than one of the standard capes.

Edited by lego the hutt

A lego rep confirmed that 6024597 is the correct part number.

I think the reason it is that cape instead of the normal type of capes that go over the shoulder is because of the long hair piece that interferes less with this cape than one of the standard capes.

But it looks kindof stupid and certainly is not the one advertised with the figure. There are much better options for non interfering capes. The shredder minifigure this was made for doesent even have long hair or anything similar.

Any chance we could see a pic of it, with the small blue cape over the longer one? This was asked before but the other guy who first received the long cape never did it :look:

Here are some pictures of Elrond with the new cape, taken by me.

elrondfront.jpgelrondside.jpg

I must say that it looks rather good.

And with both:

elronddoublefront.jpgelronddoubleside.jpg

To be honest, it looks rather silly. I much prefer the new cape to the short one or this combination, and maybe even more so to the regular cape.

But it looks kindof stupid and certainly is not the one advertised with the figure. There are much better options for non interfering capes. The shredder minifigure this was made for doesent even have long hair or anything similar.

I think it looks far from stupid. The way the cape is cut looks good with the robe printing or Elrond's torso.

This cape wasn't designed for long hair, it was because Shredder is likely to have shoulder armour or pauldrons like the spikey ones for Prince of Persia; and this one would work if he wanted to wear them over his cape as well as under it.