CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

In a wave of six sets, this will be the equivalent to the Barrels set, I think.

I love this set for the mini figs and accessories. But could be bigger

Complaining time.

Uh oh, lego made Bard dark brown, he should be redish brown or nougat. I think the feather in Master of laketown's hat should be yellow. The guard has blue on his pants wich i think should be purple aswell.. Hopefully that might jsut be a mistake with the 3d model.

Indeed I'm looking forward to the physical pictures of the set and figures. Glad to see Thorin has his dos design of torso without armour the one we saw him in the barrel scene in the trailer.

In a wave of six sets, this will be the equivalent to the Barrels set, I think.

Still don't think they'll do six sets. I'm thinking three and the two from last year. This would be equivalent to the Warg set, both $50. They could even do four to match last wave with the two from DoS.

They will not cheap out and repackage the preview sets. LEGO wouldn't commit such a disservice to their loyal fans.

I can't see the Lake Town set, it says the image is unavailable. Did they take it down?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. A bit disappointing, I was hoping Smaug would be in the Lake-Town set.

Edited by The Legonater

They will not cheap out and repackage the preview sets. LEGO wouldn't commit such a disservice to their loyal fans.

Agreed there wouldn't be a market for them as people would have them already or be not that interested. I mean design wise the spider one barely made up for it's price tag! The figures are cool. I should really get some auj sets before nov as I have none of those but from what I've seen I'm quite impressed with them. back on topic I doubt highly lego will recycle those sets as they probably have something even better in their places planned for the wave.

The boat is the same basic build as 7016 Viking Boat against the Wyvern Dragon. I liked that boat a bunch so no loss the buildings could be added on too and made larger easily and with 3 great minis and one ok mini (I have so many hobbits I could cry) i think its a great buy.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. A bit disappointing, I was hoping Smaug would be in the Lake-Town set.

It's a good-bad news: maybe we'll have Smaug in a biggest set !

Personally I expect a set with Smaug,I mean he's the main bad guy of the movie and after all the movie's name "Hobbit:The Desolation of SMAUG" so yea....

About Azog,I hope we'll get him in an actual set because he looks amazing on minifig form and finally I'm exited with the new set,we get Thorin with a new torso print(yay),Laketown's mayor(forgot his name),a Laketown guard and of course Bard!!!!(I forgot Bilbo but he looks the same)

That set looks great but IMO it too also seems to be missing something (maybe a bit of action), Ive never read the books but it just seems a bit of a peaceful scene (like bag end where there are no bad guys), the figures look great, now onto some of the play features: there appears to be a jail, on top of that there is a catapult (there is also one on the boat) and then where the guard is standing the barracks appears to have a bridge (ladder piece), im not too sure but this could connect it onto another set or maybe the jail, then slightly to the right of the fish in the barrel there appears to be a cylinder piece, im not too sure if this will do anything, but it could make part of the roof fall in. If this costs £50 for less than 400 pieces I will definitely get it on sale. :classic:

Definitely loving the look and overall atmosphere of the Laketown Chase, and I'm quite certain the figure on the far right is the Master (Lego Stephen Fry woot!). There's plenty of pictures of Fry in his costume and it is absolutely him.

To weigh in on the Azog figure, he will most certainly feature in one of the DoS sets, after all why would Lego spend money on some new moulds just to give them away for free?

So no one thinks Smaug could be in this set and they just don't want to show him now? Dragon Mountain has 5 figs and 376 Pieces for $49.99 and the dragon but then its not a licensed set.

This is a nice set but pricey, the £50 set have not been the best value and this tops the list for bad value, but I still want it.

So no one thinks Smaug could be in this set and they just don't want to show him now? Dragon Mountain has 5 figs and 376 Pieces for $49.99 and the dragon but then its not a licensed set.

This is a nice set but pricey, the £50 set have not been the best value and this tops the list for bad value, but I still want it.

There might be no smaug merchandise this year, cause they are keeping him SEMI secret, this set doesen't need smaug. Smaug can be in a Smaug vs Dwarves set. where smaug is the main build.

So no one thinks Smaug could be in this set and they just don't want to show him now?

I think if Smaug were in the set it wouldn't be called Lake Town Chase and parts of it would be on fire :laugh:

I'm really liking the furled sails and the lanterns - great look! Looks like they didn't overkill any of the snow pieces. The building on the right is made up of dark brown, dark green and dark red pieces. I wonder what the inside of the buildings look like, and if there are any other accessories?

Edited by hungryhobbit

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I'm not a fan of the Azog minifig. But I don't like him as a movie character, either, so even if he ends up as a 'real' exclusive, I don't mind too much.

Initial thoughts on Lake- Town: new torso for Thorin? Has Bard a quiver? Outfits of guard and mayor remind me of Mongolia. Large building looks nice. Don't care for the boat or small building. At this stage I'd bricklink Bard, ignore the rest and safe my money for 2014 LotR.

I'm really liking the furled sails and the lanterns - great look! Looks like they didn't overkill any of the snow pieces. The building on the right is made up of dark brown, dark green and dark red pieces. I wonder what the inside of the buildings look like, and if there are any other accessories?

Do take notice that they use 2 shades of brown. And that it seems things in this render comes out fair bit darker than real life lego.

I suppose it's possible, I know when the Avengers sets were shown they didn't include the Chitauri.

That set looks great but IMO it too also seems to be missing something (maybe a bit of action), Ive never read the books but it just seems a bit of a peaceful scene (like bag end where there are no bad guys), the figures look great, now onto some of the play features: there appears to be a jail, on top of that there is a catapult (there is also one on the boat) and then where the guard is standing the barracks appears to have a bridge (ladder piece), im not too sure but this could connect it onto another set or maybe the jail, then slightly to the right of the fish in the barrel there appears to be a cylinder piece, im not too sure if this will do anything, but it could make part of the roof fall in. If this costs £50 for less than 400 pieces I will definitely get it on sale. :classic:

middle of wall behind the fish might do something as it does not seem to be connected to the two sides

I absolutley love the Lake Town set!!'

A few things I've thought/noticed are to me, it looks like the Master of Laketown has arm printing? I can't tell for sure so if someone can confirm that that'd be great!

Also, it looks like you can combined the two buildings together to make one large one, or will there be a seperate set to add-on to part of Lake Town that would include Smaug and other dwarves? What do you guys think?

middle of wall behind the fish might do something as it does not seem to be connected to the two sides

It's for bard to escape through, if u see the video diaries you see bard running through the city in clever ways.

I absolutley love the Lake Town set!!'

A few things I've thought/noticed are to me, it looks like the Master of Laketown has arm printing? I can't tell for sure so if someone can confirm that that'd be great!

Also, it looks like you can combined the two buildings together to make one large one, or will there be a seperate set to add-on to part of Lake Town that would include Smaug and other dwarves? What do you guys think?

It's just crazy cg reflection/shine

Edited by deskp