CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Also, 8BrickMario, LEGO does not have an s at the end to make it plural. LEGO is a word, like fish, that is singular and plural without a change to the word.

This might be an unfortunate example as 'fishes' is certainly a viable word when referring to fish taxa (e.g. freshwater fishes, fishes of the world). :classic:

I have a feeling that, like last year, we might hear or see something at Comic-Con. Last year they showed us Bag End, maybe this year they'll show us... Beorn's House? Thranduil's Halls? Smaug?

I wouldn't be surprised to see something to do with Mirkwood, since we already saw a bit of it in the first film, and there was a decent amount of early footage shown during the March live stream that Jackson and Brophy hosted. I would love to see what Thranduil will be like! One of my most anticipated sets of the next wave!

I hope that one of your guesses is correct! Beorn's House could be terrific. Do you think LEGO would use the red dragon from the recent Castle line as Smaug?

It first appeared in 2007 Castle, and I hope the dragon is more unique.

I didn't know it was that old! I'm on the fence regarding it as Smaug. It looks very un-LEGO-ish by being a very large molded figure. If I would see it for the first time, I'd think 'cheap plastic toy', not 'LEGO'. On the other hand, I generally dislike brick-build figures.

I think an enlarged and less friendly-looking version of this dragon would be appropriate, based on this image: They could also go for a more reptilian look. as well. The film will tell.

Any news about a polybag or something else offered to the customers for the 17th of June at the LEGO Stores ?

Hey everybody. I'm new in this forum but have been reading all the discussions since Lego LotR first came out. I got all the Hobbit and LotR sets and can't wait till the next wave appears...

Has anyone seen them in Germany yet?

Has anyone seen them in Germany yet?

I've seen some sellers on eBay from Germany but in store, not yet. But in Belgium and France they're already available.

Edited by N7LEGO

Is the Eye of Sauron from the set 79005 included in the Orthanc too?

Unfortunatly... no.

Which Belgian stores have the new sets

I've seen some sellers on eBay from Germany but in store, not yet. But in Belgium and France they're already available.

Which Belgian stores then? Fun, Bart Smit, Dreamland?

I can't find any information on this, so please bear with me:

I heard the Palantir piece in The Wizard Battle is a minifigure head (and not a cylinder, as I thought), is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

I can't find any information on this, so please bear with me:

I heard the Palantir piece in The Wizard Battle is a minifigure head (and not a cylinder, as I thought), is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Correct.

It is indeed, and looks REALLY cool when a red light brick is shone into it. Also, it's the first trans-neon orange head since Magma Commander in the Agents theme. I wonder if the palantír setup (crystal ball, 2x2 round plate and Eye) could be put on the table in Orthanc. The Eye is much cooler when lit up than green-and-red-swirly palantír.

It is indeed, and looks REALLY cool when a red light brick is shone into it. Also, it's the first trans-neon orange head since Magma Commander in the Agents theme. I wonder if the palantír setup (crystal ball, 2x2 round plate and Eye) could be put on the table in Orthanc. The Eye is much cooler when lit up than green-and-red-swirly palantír.

That's good to know that the small set palantir looks good under light, I've got my next micro Rings build on stand by waiting just for that piece now. I don't think it would be hard at all to mod the tower's palantir to hold the cooler looking one.

That's good to know that the small set palantir looks good under light, I've got my next micro Rings build on stand by waiting just for that piece now. I don't think it would be hard at all to mod the tower's palantir to hold the cooler looking one.

Could your next micro build be something like this? :sweet: (I hope it is!)

Could your next micro build be something like this? :sweet: (I hope it is!)

Of course! You know, but in Lego. :classic: Have to say, it's my best one yet! If only the 1st would come sooner!

Of course! You know, but in Lego. :classic: Have to say, it's my best one yet! If only the 1st would come sooner!

Can't wait to see it :excited:

I don't get it. These are just released and already discontinued...:

7-Lord Of The Rings-Pirate Ship Ambush-June $99.99

8-Lone Ranger-Train Chase-April $99.99

I don't get it. These are just released and already discontinued...:

7-Lord Of The Rings-Pirate Ship Ambush-June $99.99

8-Lone Ranger-Train Chase-April $99.99

I was confused too, but it seems that the person who made the list put the discontinued sets in the same list as he upcoming sets. Strange.

In the sticker sheet for 79006 The Council of Elrond, there is a stick with the Eye of Sauron on it. Where does this go? I can't see it on any of the images of the set.

In the sticker sheet for 79006 The Council of Elrond, there is a stick with the Eye of Sauron on it. Where does this go? I can't see it on any of the images of the set.

Hi, I'm pretty sure it goes under the flip function where you catapult Gimli. :wink:

Edited by The Joker1

It goes underneath the flinging mechanism for Gimli, replicating the split second that the eye is shown in the film. I wouldn't normally tell somebody to look up a video review (since they're inane on the whole), but video reviews such as the Brick Show or YCF show it off. Just quickly close the review after you've seen the function :grin: